NO, i'm not going to eat that.... (rant)

K191145

I dislike 99.99% of indian food.   I can't stand coffee.  And I simply do not understand why tea is not served like coffee -- strong and user sweetens or modifies to taste.   I can eat most anything else as long as it was cooked.   I might do some things raw but my trust level on that is low... so I usually won't.  

• Like 1

chicken or turkey absolutly doesn't belong in any kind of tomato based food, it's just grose to me.

Chicken or turkey either one with tomatoes sounds gross. Add pasta and that just doubles it.  :puke:

Now "cheese", chicken and pasta I like. What's real grose is chicken pizza, only beef or pork sausage is the only meat that belongs on a pizza.

I dislike 99.99% of indian food.   I can't stand coffee.  And I simply do not understand why tea is not served like coffee -- strong and user sweetens or modifies to taste.   I can eat most anything else as long as it was cooked.   I might do some things raw but my trust level on that is low... so I usually won't.  

I like my coffee okay but i'm a caffien junky, if I drink something for pure taste it will be an almost frozen Coca Cola in a glass bottle. I'm leary about raw store bought food, veggies and fruit, I wash them well before I eat them raw. Proper cooking kills all biological critters so I prefer cooked veggies.

I dont think there is anything I wont eat....I even like to gross my kids out sometime and will eat sliced bread with worchestershire sauce poured on it....

What's wrong with that? There is very little that a generous helping of Worchestershire Sauce can't make better.
  • Like 1

Birthday cake. I go to a b-day party for a niece or nephew or friend or whatever, and they blow out the candles on the cake. I then have to explain or play like I'm not hungry because #### me if I'm going to eat a cake covered in some kid's spit.

I almost choked when I read that! It makes perfect sense!

I may never eat a birthday cake that's not mine again.

Ohhhhhh man. I am the weird one in my family. I have many hangups and the biggest of which is I *will not* eat food prepared by someone I do not know. One thing working in retail has taught me is that most folks have a different idea of what good hygiene is. Food preparation is a whole nother thing. I am hypocritical of this when it comes to restaurants, but I have a certain expectation of quality for something I'm paying for from someone who does it for a living.

Birthday cake. I go to a b-day party for a niece or nephew or friend or whatever, and they blow out the candles on the cake. I then have to explain or play like I'm not hungry because #### me if I'm going to eat a cake covered in some kid's spit.

Not that I disagree, but have you seen some of the people that work at restaurants? When I eat out I always check the health score first.
Another thing I do is super clean food prep. I am like you and do not like to eat stuff others have made since I do not know their hygiene level. When I cook I wear a hat and gloves and wash frequently. I used to be a deli and meat department manager and the sanitation I was taught stays with me always.
That being said, I'd eat just about anything if properly prepared.

What's wrong with that? There is very little that a generous helping of Worchestershire Sauce can't make better.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with it.  I grew up sopping up various juices and grease off my plate so it doesn't bother me at all.  My kids just gag when I eat it, and it being my job as their dad to harass them from time to time I feel it is my duty to fulfill my responsibilities as a good parent....

• Like 1

Cant stand most cheese, especially when some dork waiter douches my food w it on their own,Mozzarella,provolone i can handle, the rest no.I hate the fact that restaurants shove cheese into everything.Its a plot and scam. Eating too much cheese is like ingesting elmers glue.Cheese is so fng bad people should be jailed for making their kids eat it. same w taco bell and some of the other garbage that comes w a toy.I wont eat squid unless a bet is involved.Am not into pork cept for some bbq,NO chicken unless the meal is homemade,Been hit w food poisoning 3 times,all 3 from chicken. all 3 times laid me up for 3 days, Ill take a swordfish steak over a ruth chris cut any time. king crab legs over pizza.My favs are seafood,shellfish,green veggies,sushi/Asian.Chinese being at the bottom of the list.I hate liver but will down escargot like popcorn.the worst part of food for me is burning it off....

great rant thanks!

Oh and blue cheese. There is NO excuse for it & it tastes like feet.

I am with Rob on the liver and blue cheese. I have ate many things in Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines and I assure you I know when they slide liver into a dish and I want no part of it. Thailand has some great tasting bugs as well as Indonesia but do not expect me to eat liver. LOL 

I almost choked when I read that! It makes perfect sense!

I may never eat a birthday cake that's not mine again.

Yeah, It's been spoiled for me too now, little germ breeders that kids are.

I'll eat almost anything. Not a big fan of soft organs or black pudding but will eat a steak & kidney pie (though there seem to be better alternatives more often now).

Edited by tnguy

Unfortunately I have certian dietary restrictions. Some things, like onions, peppers or heavily spiced foods, just never have set well with me. Messes my stomach up. Other restrictions are due to medical problems (diverticulitis). 

But there are some things that I just plain don't like. Green peas for one. Never cared for the taste of the things.

Another is raw tomatos. Its funny that I like pretty much everything made from tomatoes like tomato sauce, ketchup or tomatoes cooked into another dish. Just never liked the taste of them raw.

The one thing that I've never understood is when people take perfectly good food and then start adding spices, peppers, sauces, etc to make it hotter than Hell. I've seen people eating stuff so hot that they're eyes are watering and then talk about how good it is. What's that all about?  :squint:

I make it a rule not to eat anything that hurts.  :shake:

For me mixing fruit and most nuts in salads is a turn off, especially if there is mayo in the salad. Mayo and apples have no place being together. Waldorf salad, just typing the name makes me want to gag. I love fruit, nuts and mayo, just not together.

Also, do not ask me if I want mayo, and give me that Miracle Whip crap. That is not mayo.

I absolutely hate raw tomatoes on burgers. I usually tell the server to not even speak the word tomato near my food. I do that as a funny way of making them remember I do not like tomatoes on my burger. If you bring me a burger with a tomato on it, I will pick it off and throw it right on the floor. It really makes me mad. You just can't get the taste off the burger once it's been on it.