H&K Beauty

Thanks to a trade with "BerettaBri" my full size USP 45 now has a companion. Here's my, new to me, H&K USP 45 Compact. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hit the range with it today, but this evening I took it apart to give it a good once over. It was already very clean so all I really had to do was add my choice of lube to the rail/slide area. BerettaBri was a great guy to deal with & I'm really looking forward to putting some rounds through the compact & possibly adding it to my carry rotation. Hopefully a range report will shortly follow.  :up:

USP45c_zpsd5234c33.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Like 3

luv... The first "polymer" pistol i ever fired wuz an HK USP... I couldn't believe that a non-metallic framed pistol could shoot and handle as well as the HK... I would love to have one in any flavor; big or little... They are a great firearm...

Enjoy...

leroy

I traded my full size for the compact model. I'm honestly indifferent about it. The Full size was too large for day to day use.. but I don't think the compact is as comfortable.

I've been on the fence about trading/selling the compact for awhile. Just haven't taken the notion to do it.

The compact feels good in my hands & I'm using snap caps for dry fire practice, but I haven't shot it yet. It's actually not too compact, unless you compare it to the full size & the full size is just a huge pistol all around. I'd like to see how the compact recoil compares to the full size model since it uses a different recoil system. The compact version is pretty much a full size compared to a lot of other compact pistols out there. I've already ordered a reduced power (12lb) hammer spring to slightly reduce the heavy DA pull & may end up getting some trigger/action work done, but that will be further down the road. My next challenge right now may be finding affordable magazines for it. Oddly, most compact mags I've found seem to be more expensive than the ones for my full size USP. If I'm patient enough I'll find some reaonably priced.

The compact feels good in my hands & I'm using snap caps for dry fire practice, but I haven't shot it yet. It's actually not too compact, unless you compare it to the full size & the full size is just a huge pistol all around. I'd like to see how the compact recoil compares to the full size model since it uses a different recoil system. The compact version is pretty much a full size compared to a lot of other compact pistols out there. I've already ordered a reduced power (12lb) hammer spring to slightly reduce the heavy DA pull & may end up getting some trigger/action work done, but that will be further down the road. My next challenge right now may be finding affordable magazines for it. Oddly, most compact mags I've found seem to be more expensive than the ones for my full size USP. If I'm patient enough I'll find some reaonably priced.

Yeah good luck with those affordable H&K mags :D

My beef is with the grip on it. It's stippled but not aggressive enough. They make Talon grips for the USP. Thought about trying those.

Yeah good luck with those affordable H&K mags :D

My beef is with the grip on it. It's stippled but not aggressive enough. They make Talon grips for the USP. Thought about trying those.

I added some textured pre-cut grip panels to my full size & the grip feels really agressive now. They feel like 100 grit sandpaper that's been rubberized. I haven't decided if I'll add a set to the compact yet.

004-29.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta

I added some textured pre-cut grip panels to my full size & the grip feels really agressive now. They feel like 100 grit sandpaper that's been rubberized. I haven't decided if I'll add a set to the compact yet.

Very nice. Are the markings on your full size factory colored or did you do the ole crayon trick? (The red/white lettering I mean)