Now Obama is going to let you pay for Body Cams for Cops

DaveTN

All... I've been waitin for the other shoe to drop on this thing.... Here it is via Breitbart:   http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/01/Obama-Unfair-Policing-Violates-My-Belief-In-What-America-Can-Be

Here is to proposed solution:   http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/01/Holder-Says-Robust-Anti-Racial-Profiling-Guidelines-Imminent-We-Must-Seize-This-Unique-Opportunity-Ferguson-Presents

As ugly has wisely opined above; all this is based on a false premise... That premise; .... all whiteys (...especially the police, black or white...) are endemically racist and are persecuting the black man; who is presumably, always blameless...

This is, indeed, a false narrative and basically looks like the South African model used by Mandella et al to take over South Africa under the guise of ending apartheid... The problem in the USA is that blacks make up about 13% of the population; where in South Africa, blacks made up 95% or so... 

Obama and company are shooting for rules that will neuter the police under the guise of stopping racial profiling despite the fact that the real "elephant in the room" is that black contributions to the overall crime rate far outstrip their relative percentages of the population here in the good ole USA...

Folks, this ain't about cameras on police; it's about neutering the police... It's about two sets of laws; one for the poor put upon black and another for racist whitey...  It's an outrageous assault of the rule of law; nothin more... 

It will be interesting to see how far this rubbish gets....  The big question is will the legal establishment (...the state and federal courts...) will put up with this outrageous attempt to further tribealize the citizenty and to destroy the bedrock proposition that "...all are equal before the law..." outlined in the Fourteenth Amendment...

And Amendment that was originally passed; ironically, to protect the recently freed slaves; all of whom were black....

A Constitutional Law professor should know that this, most likely, aint goin anywhere...  Only a hippie era  leftist jhadist would take a hopeful shot at doin this sort of thing... My take is that it's red meat for the "children of lower estate"....

leroy

Edited by leroy

While, in principle, I like the ideas of LEO's having cameras going at all times I'm unclear on where the President has the constitutional authority to mandate their use to local departments. How, in the name of Thomas Jefferson, does the federal government get to dictate the specifics of what equipment state and local LEO's carry?

While, in principle, I like the ideas of LEO's having cameras going at all times I'm unclear on where the President has the constitutional authority to mandate their use to local departments. How, in the name of Thomas Jefferson, does the federal government get to dictate the specifics of what equipment state and local LEO's carry?

Simple. Obungo is in charge. Just ask him.

He doesn’t have the authority to make them do it. I’m sure it’s voluntary. Some Chiefs and Sherriff’s will do it and some will tell them to pound sand. I think on a voluntary basis it would be great; some cops buy their own.
  • Like 1

A Constitutional Law professor should know that this, most likely, aint goin anywhere...  Only a hippie era  leftist jhadist would take a hopeful shot at doin this sort of thing... My take is that it's red meat for the "children of lower estate"....

leroy

Just like Obamacare and amnesty... this camera ordeal is going nowhere.  

Same way they always do, "Grants."  They attach whatever requirement is envogue at the time to "free" money and equipment.

The Locals can't resist, suck off the Federal tit, and then are beholdened.

Happens all the time.

I'm actually proud to say that the Command Staff at my Dept doesn't buy into this behavior.  But, that is rare.

• Like 3