Any doctors in the house?

I've never seen or read about anything like that. The video sucks too bad to see any detail in the fuild, but it's consistency is unusually thick. It does appear that it might have "pus" in it, but can't tell from the video. I will say that no doctor would render a diagnosis from that video unless they happened to recognize the consistency of the discharge and look of the infected area.

• Like 1

He's currently in surgery. I wasn't really expecting anyone to give a diagnosis. I was mainly sharing due to the craziness of the situation.

I hope everything goes well.  I would be interested to know what is the final diagnosis.

ah ok, I'm no medic... I figured that lancing would have some means of continual draining like I've seen with dogs... a tube or whatever that keeps the rot from setting in.

The consistency of the discharge wouldn't go through a drainage tube. That crap is thick!

It appears to be both too shallow and too far below the knee to be coming from the bursa. It also appears to be too shallow to be coming from inside the muscle compartment along with lack of generalized swelling in the area of the calf. My WAG is a cyst. I'm interested in what a pathologist will say.

After the surgery, the doctors believe it is some type of cyst. They believe the cyst reappeared because the lousy surgeons didn't completely remove it during the first two surgeries. This is somewhat of a speculation on their part, but a biopsy should give them a better idea of what they were/are dealing with. 

I have had two cysts in my life, both on my back and they would from time to time swell up and fill with a milky pus and blood. There was always blood mixed in with the pus. I finally got sick of dealing with them and went and had the removed surgically and they have been gone about 8 years not with no signs of coming back. In most cases a cyst is caused my a hair spore that closes up and the hair begins to grow in circles under the skin and will infect from time to time. When they operated on me the doctor made sure he got all of the hair and roots out.............. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Having cleared a small-ish cyst for someone several times in years past, I could not watch the video; the smell and rememberance of it is not something I like to revisit.  If it is cottage-cheese-whiz, then it is most likely a cyst.  That stuff STINKS -- oh so badly.   Glad he got to see a doc.  -hope he heals up well.  I am curious to know what the docs say.

Having cleared a small-ish cyst for someone several times in years past, I could not watch the video; the smell and rememberance of it is not something I like to revisit.  If it is cottage-cheese-whiz, then it is most likely a cyst.  That stuff STINKS -- oh so badly.  

Yeah, I've had two commonly called sebaceous cysts myself, removed one myself that I could reach, got some help with one right in middle of back I couldn't.

Like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vRq1PLrtA

- OS

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had two commonly called sebaceous cysts myself, removed one myself that I could reach, got some help with one right in middle of back I couldn't.

Like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vRq1PLrtA

- OS

Back many, many years ago while I was in high school, there was a guy with several of them on his arms like those in Oh Shoot's posted video. 

He used to sit around and squeeze them out while in the library or cafeteria just to gross everyone out. And it worked.

Back many, many years ago while I was in high school, there was a guy with several of them on his arms like those in Oh Shoot's posted video. 

He used to sit around and squeeze them out while in the library or cafeteria just to gross everyone out. And it worked.

Gee, I wonder why? :)