What's the most painful gun you have fired?

KahrMan

Huh? :confused:

Not sure what the huh is?

I don't think much of the Mosin pure and simple. IF you compare it to its contemporaries, it isn't in the same class as a 1903 Springfield, much less a garand or Mauser action rifle. The comment of the clean vbore is that many people have bought those and tried to fire them before properly cleanining them. This is no small task in many Mosins, long and laborious. The kick of a Mosin which still hasn't had the barrel cleaned due to the restricted caliber of the bore and the additional pressure has been known to increase the recoil considerably.

I also said I don't think of much of most Russian rifles in general, my preference. The only ones I liked that I have owned was the Dragunov, which is a good weapon though limited; and their machine gun, AK-47, a rifle with the basic ballistics of a 30-30. The AK is a heck of a good rifle for what it is designed to be.

Edited by Warbird
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'd rather shoot a Mosin with the steel butt plate than my Savage 110 7mm with the Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. About 20 rounds out of the 110 is all I can do on a trip before I start getting bad about anticipation.

I put a couple through the Mosin today, and didn't even think the recoil was particularly noticeable. Later, I checked zero on the 110... boy do you ever know when that thing goes off...

I guess this is why they call it "perceived recoil." Everyone perceives it a little differently.

:confused:

Guest Astra900
These are lighter rounds to get more range out of the lever guns. It doesn’t appear to me that they have an advantage over 158 Gr JHP for revolvers. Fill me in???

What did they cost?

Advantage? Maybe not. They are loaded pretty HOT because felt recoil in a lever gun (what they are meant for) would be nothing. The plastic tip is supposed to cushion against the primer ahead of it in a tube magazine, while giving it the benefit of being more aerodynamic. Consequently, the plastic tip will also force the bullet to expand. Or so my understanding of it.

Basically, dead is dead. Under normal circumstance, a man will not be able to distinguish the difference between 140g and 158g, when he gets 2 in his chest. The only real advantage I can claim, is the fact that I like them better, and therefore am more inclined to feel reassured and comfortable in what I have.

Price: $22.99 + tax for (25rnd) box @ the Reloader Bench

Guest Fltargetmaster

An FR8 at the range. The rifle was presented to me as a lightweight 308 that was fun to shoot. It was lightweight and I hurt for a week with several deep bruises . My advice is to use a rubber butt adapter, and let your friend shoot it.:rolleyes:

Guest Idahoser

Kel-Tec P40 made me bleed. 'course the gun couldn't take it either, so I didn't feel too wimpy for it. Sheared the assembly pin. 640-1 with boot grip and shooting 158 grain magnum rounds wasn't too pleasant either.

At the range one day a guy next to me let me shoot his 6.5 lbs. Tika lite in 338 win mag. I like to shoot big boomers just to feel the rush BUT that was not pleasant.

Guest Idahoser
What is a Kel-Tec P40?

A .40 they used to make?

- OS

Yes. You could take a 9mm P11 and buy a 'conversion kit' consisting of barrel, slide, spring assy, and magazine to convert to .40S&W, and they did make some that were .40 from the start. I don't think they made any .357 SIG from the factory but they did have conversions.

Yes. You could take a 9mm P11 and buy a 'conversion kit' consisting of barrel, slide, spring assy, and magazine to convert to .40S&W, and they did make some that were .40 from the start....

Well as per your other post looks like there was good cause to nix them.

- OS

I sold one of the .40 Kel Tec's not to long ago. That thing kicked like hell. Goodness. I was really surprised with how little recoil there is in my new CZ52.