What's the most painful gun you have fired?

KahrMan

I had a single shot 10ga. when I was a teenager, it was brutal. I had just gotten it and was in the yard shooting at paper to pattern it when my older brother stepped out of the front door and said "Throw this can up in the air and let me shoot at it."

When your a little brother you have to be ready to jump on any opportunity when it presents itself. So, I stood right next to him and threw it straight up. He pulled the trigger when it was at about 11 o'clock, missed the can, handed me the gun, and with his lower lip quivering walked back in the house without saying a word.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glknknox
My experience is limited on some of the big boy toys but the one that hurt me the most was an old school single shot 12 gauge shotgun that my grandfather had since dirt was invented.

Old 12 g., single shot is my answer.

Skeet shooting with some friends, could nail the hell out of them with that , but man that thing left a bruise.

Guest RISC777

12 gauge manufactured in the 1890s (damascus steel barrel) with shells along the lines of 20 years old (maybe longer). Bad choice. Powder got stronger with age. Damascus steel could've, might've been damaged. Hurt like hell. Put my younger brother on his butt 2 feet back from where he was standing. Amazing damage to the cinder blocks, though.

Here you go hot shot, I dont think you will still be so confident after you shoot the .577 T-Rex.

-Jason G

I don't claim to be "confident" in the slightest. I just haven't found a gun that hurt me as of yet.

I would love to shoot the T-Rex, .600 Nitro Express and/or the .700 Nitro Express. If anyone has one for me to shoot, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Never shot the T-rex but i am sure it tops the list.

For me my 8MM mauser (yugo) with the factory steel butt plate before putting on a slip on recoil pad. It left purple buses on one of my friends who has more "insulation" than I do. It only left a small bruse on me the first time I shot it. It was like a hammer to the shoulder.

Guest nj.piney

h&r springfield model 1873 trapdoor in 45-70 , shooting from the bench ,it left a perfect impression of the butplate screws in my shoulder. the first shot was high and split the 2 X4 target frame into little peices .

Back in the early '70s, everyone wanted a Franchi 12 ga. shotgun for hunting because it was so light. You could walk all day bird hunting because this gun was so light.

The other problem: THAT GUN WOULD KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!

I shot it three times, my shoulder turned a lovely shade of purplish blue and yellow, swelled up, and hurt like a toothache!

Guest abailey362

a mosin...in summer.

The way the stock on my SKS sets on my shoulder hurts sometimes too if I get 20 or more rounds through it...purple shoulder the next day.

Little brothers Weatherby 30-378 with the brake removed.

I wondered why that thing had like a foot of eye relief from the scope!

OUCH!

My worst was my Mossberg 500 w/ pistol grip and 18.5" barrel. I was about 18, weighed about 150 lbs, and my dad's friend bet me lunch I wouldn't shoot one 3" Remington magnum slug one-handed. I took the bet and shot all five. My left hand trembled for three days.

I don't claim to be "confident" in the slightest. I just haven't found a gun that hurt me as of yet.

I would love to shoot the T-Rex, .600 Nitro Express and/or the .700 Nitro Express. If anyone has one for me to shoot, please don't hesitate to let me know.

If I get some Garret 540gr hammerheads you can try them in my Guide Gun.

Well, at 11, I was small fry so dad picked me up a H&R Topper 12ga slug gun. Being 5lbs I could handle it. I shot it once. Went in the house took a slide on recoil pad off another shotgun and put it over the factory pad, shot it from the other shoulder and told dad to sell it. He went on about me not holding it good, shot it, and asked how much I wanted for the gun.

The other nasty gun was my mother's 30-30 Marlin. I was checking the scope and forgot she's a short thing. It's amazing how much a 30-30 will kick with about an inch between the butt and your shoulder!

Guest Astra900

THE worst for me was a 50-140 Sharps followed closely by a 8x56 Steyr straight pull and a New England single Shot 10g that was sleeved. RE-FRIGGIN-DICULOUS

I'm still looking for a gun that can hurt me.:lol:

12 Ga H&R Topper Deluxe Shotgun that you can pick up at wal mart for about $150...the synthetic one if you can find one. Here is the one that I am thinking of. CLICK HERE

+

1 box of 3 1/2" 00 Buckshot or a really hot Turkey load.

CLICK HERE

For under $200 you will have something that will detach a retna before you finish a box of shells. For extra "sumptin" cut the heavy barrel to 18.5" for about 5 pounds of fury.

/Evil, evil gun that one is!!

Edited by I_Like_Pie