What's the most painful gun you have fired?

KahrMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fastzntn

While there are no doubt guns out there that kick harder, the gun with the most painful recoil I have shot is my Mosin Nagant. The milsurp ammo seems to be in a league of its own- I shot some Prvi Partizan ammo last time out and it was more tame and grouped better.

I have shot 50 rounds of milsurp and had a bruise on my shoulder, and it was sore for days.

Last time I was at the range I took a friend- she said she wanted to look at me shoot the thing and see what the recoil was like. So I shouldered the rifle and squeezed one off. Her response- "Wow, that thing looks pretty feisty!!" Even with the softer shooting Prvi Partizan ammo, the kick still managed to displace both of the barrel bands that hold the stock on and the smaller top piece of the stock that goes above the barrel was moved forward about 2 inches.

While there are no doubt guns out there that kick harder, the gun with the most painful recoil I have shot is my Mosin Nagant. The milsurp ammo seems to be in a league of its own- I shot some Prvi Partizan ammo last time out and it was more tame and grouped better.

I have shot 50 rounds of milsurp and had a bruise on my shoulder, and it was sore for days.

Last time I was at the range I took a friend- she said she wanted to look at me shoot the thing and see what the recoil was like. So I shouldered the rifle and squeezed one off. Her response- "Wow, that thing looks pretty feisty!!" Even with the softer shooting Prvi Partizan ammo, the kick still managed to displace both of the barrel bands that hold the stock on and the smaller top piece of the stock that goes above the barrel was moved forward about 2 inches.

What is it? M-44? Displacing the bands and moving top handguard forward 2 in. lets hope it isnt getting ready to blow up!:hyper:

Originally Posted by Fasttalker viewpost.gif

Pachmeyer made an add on devise for a 1911, I believe it was called a "Dominator". The one I fired (ONCE) was chambered in .308 Win. it was worse than awful.

I shot one of these (twice) as well but it was nowhere near a full load.

308-1.jpg

308-5.jpg

308-3.jpg

Guest Traumaslave

Worst thump I ever took was from a Remington 3200, 12 gauge o/u that doubled on me while shooting trap. I was 14, 6' tall and weight in at almost 100 lbs. That one hurt a little.

Guest Fastzntn
What is it? M-44? Displacing the bands and moving top handguard forward 2 in. lets hope it isnt getting ready to blow up!:rolleyes:

It's a 91/30. The first time I shot it I thought the world was coming to an end :death:

I don't want to talk anyone out of a Mosin if they are interested, they are fun, cheap rifles. Much of the problem is that they have a metal butt plate. I'm used to mine now and it doesn't bother me any more, but if someone were really sensitive to it the butt plate could be changed out to something that would soak up the recoil. Problem solved.

Guest Jason F.

Long gun I guess would be one of he several Mosin variants I have had a chance to fire. They have a pretty stiff kick but I sort of like it. I like someone posted above have yet to find something that really makes me want to put it down. A single shot 45-70 Gov. was a close second.

Hand guns would have to be a Thompson Contender in 44mag with a 14" bull barrel. The load was probably a bit hot but it had some serious torque and kick. I loved it but several friends thought it to be a beast. I shot someones short barreled Smith in 44mag at one so the shoots. I forget the model number but it was a handful as well.

I'm going with the Mosin, like a whole lotta other folks. It's not the kick of those first few shots. That's nothin'. The first 5, 10, or 15 shots are not a problem. For me it's a cumulation of all the rounds I put through it.

Problem is I go out and blow 50 rounds at a time. It's cheap! The stock and butt on those things are so narrow it digs into your shoulder. The pain creeps up on ya!

Long guns...Toss up

I was part of the testing for the Marine Corps to accept the Benelli M1014 Shotgun and fired 500 rounds of buckshot and slugs in two days........

M-79 thumper 40mm grenade launcher after soemthing like 30 full power loads

Both left my shoulder black and blue..although I think the nod goes to the two days of the shotgun

Handgun...handsdown 45-.70 derringer.....I really do think I broke my hand doing that one..couldn't use my hand for days afterwords

Guest Jcochran88

worst for me was an old side by side stevens 12 ga both barrels at a time on accident while trying to see if i could shoot it. i think i was 11 or 12 after that i bought a .410.

Guest TN.Frank

My cousin's old 16ga single shot. The stock was too short and I'd smack my nose everytime I shot it. That being said, I've shot single shot 50BMG ctgs. out if the McMilian M-88 and it wasn't that bad at all once you get use to all the gas jetting back into your face from the muzzle brake.

I'm going with the Mosin, like a whole lotta other folks. It's not the kick of those first few shots. That's nothin'. The first 5, 10, or 15 shots are not a problem. For me it's a cumulation of all the rounds I put through it.

Problem is I go out and blow 50 rounds at a time. It's cheap! The stock and butt on those things are so narrow it digs into your shoulder. The pain creeps up on ya!

hahahahah those first few shots simply numb your shoulder.:D