Kinfe company that takes care of you

I have had a Gerber combat folder for a long time and the clip screws began to get lose and I lost one. So I quit using it. And then last week I found it setting on my self and thought I should try and get a set of screws for it to get it back in carrying mode. So I looked up  Gerber website and went to the service link and they asked for my info and the problem I had. At the end of the page it said someone would be getting in touch with me. Well in the mail box Friday was a small brown package with a new clip and six screws. No one ever sent me a email or called they just took care of the problem.    Thanks Gerber   Andy 

• Like 10
+1 on Gerber's CS department. My issued multi-tool broke one of the triangular cutters where I couldn't just spin it to a new sharp side. I couldn't see turning it in just for that so went looking for a part number. Couldn't find it so called them, they asked for my info, gave me the link to the replacement pieces and sent me one for free. We did end up ordering some, but I think it was great that they would do that without knowing I would order a couple hundred anyway.

"I have had a Gerber combat folder for a long time and the clip screws began to get lose and I lost one. So I quit using it. And then last week I found it setting on my self and thought I should try and get a set of screws for it to get it back in carrying mode. So I looked up  Gerber website and went to the service link and they asked for my info and the problem I had. At the end of the page it said someone would be getting in touch with me. Well in the mail box Friday was a small brown package with a new clip and six screws. No one ever sent me a email or called they just took care of the problem.    Thanks Gerber   Andy "

I had a similar problem except mine was with a Gerber multi tool. The wire cutters didn't want to function properly so I e-mailed the company with the problem and they sent me an envelope. I sent the tool in and had forgotten about it. I guess it was about two weeks later, I had a package in the mail. They sent me a new multi tool with no questions asked.  Good bunch of folks.

• Authorized Vendor

A lot of folks treat Gerbers like they are third world knives but I have a few...some 25 years old that have been used and abused that have held up remarkably well. Their customer service is among the best of any company in any industry.

• Like 2

Thank for bringing this up! I've got two multi's with issues. One with a broken serrated blade and one with a broken pivot. I used their website and look forward to getting em fixed. These are better than sliced bread!

"I have had a Gerber combat folder for a long time and the clip screws began to get lose and I lost one. So I quit using it. And then last week I found it setting on my self and thought I should try and get a set of screws for it to get it back in carrying mode. So I looked up Gerber website and went to the service link and they asked for my info and the problem I had. At the end of the page it said someone would be getting in touch with me. Well in the mail box Friday was a small brown package with a new clip and six screws. No one ever sent me a email or called they just took care of the problem. Thanks Gerber Andy "

I had a similar problem except mine was with a Gerber multi tool. The wire cutters didn't want to function properly so I e-mailed the company with the problem and they sent me an envelope. I sent the tool in and had forgotten about it. I guess it was about two weeks later, I had a package in the mail. They sent me a new multi tool with no questions asked. Good bunch of folks.

Same here. Great company.

I got an email response:

If you are looking for instruction on how to send in your product:

Please Print Submission Form online and send it with your Product.

Please read all information below:

Thank you for contacting Gerber Legendary Blades regarding the Full Lifetime Warranty (North America only, all other countries: 25 Year Warranty) with your Gerber product.  Gerber warrants to the consumer that this product will be free of manufacture defects.  This warranty does not cover damage due to rust, accident, loss of product, improper use, abuse, negligence, or modification of or to any part of the product.  Normal wear and tear is not covered under the warranty.  If the product failed while being used as it was intended to be used, we will service under the warranty.  At Gerber’s option, defective product will be repaired, replaced, or substituted with a product of equal value.  

Note:  Due to Liability Concerns, we cannot provide you replacement tool implements, blades, jaws, handles, locks or springs.  If the product requires disassembly for repair, please complete a Warranty Submittal Form and return the form along with the product to the Gerber Facility.

Your product includes a Lifetime Warranty against Manufacture and Material Defect.  For Manufacture or Material Defects, complete a Warranty Submission Form and return the Form and product to our facility for services.  NOTE: The Warranty Submission Form works best using Browsers: Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Meet-Gerber/Support/Warranty-Info-Product-Service

Please note this Warranty does not cover Loss, Wear, Rust, Abuse, Modification or improper use of this product.

Be sure to visit our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more details.

Sincerely,

Melinda Elliott

Consumer Services Representative| Gerber

Phone: (800) 950-6161 x1219 | Fax: (503) 403-1103

www.gerbergear.com

So I followed the link and it was the exact same form I filled out online. No form to download or address to send it to without doing a search. Perhaps it's me because I've gotten atrocious customer service from comcast today as well as having on my Vet being 25 minutes late to our appointment this morning. There's probably a black customer service cloud over my head today. 

There is more info under FAQ but the form rolls out to 8 pages when I print.

I'll call them tomorrow. 

Edited by Ugly