Zastava N PAP AK-47

piper266

From all the good comments on Zastava from guys building and buying here, I wouldn't be afraid of one.

The M85, and M92 pistols are great. No reason that a full rifle version should be different.

Edited by hipower

Thanks Captain Whitewolf 001. After prior searches, I found that none offered specific answers to the above specific questions.

Then could it be that there have been no major complaints from the gun guys on these? You know if there is an issue...we will scream loud and long about it.

My apologies dear boy, I skimmed your questions and missed a couple. As far as I am aware of, Century only adds enough parts to make these 922R compliant, I don't think they do much else of anything regarding assembling. I understand why you'd ask, it IS Century and all. As far as reliability is concerned, it's an AK. Mystery solved. ;) And mags fit really to fairly tight on the ones I've played with. Not much wobble. Sights have been good to go on all the ones I've fondled as well.

Edited by whitewolf001
You don't want a first gen N-PAP. They had a single stack bolt and trunnion. If you're buying a new N-PAP from a vendor, you'll be gtg. One thing you should be aware of is that the Serbian AKs do not feature standard AKM length handguards, and they also have a non standard stock. So, your options are limited regarding furniture. They also do not have chrome lined barrels or bayo lugs if that's important to you. They do have cold hammer forged barrels, though, and that's a plus. I'm going to get an N-PAP under folder here soon. I have had an N-PAP, and they are great. There are some very high quality AKs coming out of Serbia right now.
  • Like 2

You don't want a first gen N-PAP. They had a single stack bolt and trunnion. If you're buying a new N-PAP from a vendor, you'll be gtg. One thing you should be aware of is that the Serbian AKs do not feature standard AKM length handguards, and they also have a non standard stock. So, your options are limited regarding furniture. They also do not have chrome lined barrels or bayo lugs if that's important to you. They do have cold hammer forged barrels, though, and that's a plus. I'm going to get an N-PAP under folder here soon. I have had an N-PAP, and they are great. There are some very high quality AKs coming out of Serbia right now.

I had no idea about first gen PAP's, that's good info to have. I've never gotten the obsession for a CL barrel. Unless you're shooting corrosive or tracer ammo, it doesn't make a difference except for the CL inaccuracy comparatively. I think ACE and Midwest have some options for the stock and hand-guard respectively. And agreed, they're VERY high quality, especially for the price point which tramples the WASR in bang for buck. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some wicked WASR's(got to play with one the other day that had one of the BEST Tapco G2 triggers I've ever felt, was smooth as glass) but for how many bad ones I've seen compared to how many bad PAP's I've seen, the PAP wins that contest hands down.

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought the O-PAP a couple days ago from Buds Gun Shop in Sevierville. They were giving away 30 minutes of range time with the purchase, so I took advantage of the offer. I put 120 rounds through the rifle without a single FTE or FTF. I used both US made Tapco mags, IMI polymer mags and Romanian surplus mags with little or no mag rattle. I zeroed at 25 yards for a 25/225 yard zero and my first 4 shots were through the 10 ring, so I didn't even have to adjust the sights. Everything is lined up correctly with no canted sights or gas tube. As far as I'm concerned, this is a high quality AK with an exceptional price. A big thanks to all the advice/information from the above posters!
  • Like 1