H&K USP .45

Fourtyfive

I guess I've never truly understood the market for compacts. If I need concealability I'll go with a single stack small weapon and if I need firepower, full size. The inbetween market has always seemed to baffle me BUT this is my own personal opinion, take that as you will.

I agree. I think you have more felt recoil and you can sacrifice accuracy on some levels when comparing a compact to a full sized model.

Why some one would want one - if you want to carry and a single stack does not fit well in your hand, a compact may work for you.
I may well be wrong, and I frequently am. But isn't there a pretty good size difference between the full size USP 45 and the compact versions?

I had a USP Tactical model for a while and found it to be a bit too large for me. A lot actually. Almost wish I'd taken the trade offer on it back then and gotten the compact model. Edited by hipower

Not a huge difference in them, but the compact does have a slightly smaller grip, is about 3/4" shorter, most of them have a bobbed hammer. If it helps, both are +p & +p+ rated, but the full size has the dual recoil spring assembly to tame high power ammo a little better. Here's a photo of mine & a link that tells you more about them...  http://www.genitron.com/Compare/Selected-List.aspx

USP45c_zpsd5234c33.jpg

About to pull the trigger on one , I'm not sure if I want the compact or the full size. Any comments ? I prefer the V3 but I understand for about $16 I can replace the disk and convert very easily from V1.

Aside from needing a ccw and the full size fits your hand, there really is no downside to either. Yes the detent plate can be changed rather quickly and you can add a match trigger (minus overtravel stop screw on the compact) to either.

edit: if you're able, hold a HK45

Edited by hlb14

I've owned both a USP Compact and USP Tactical (both in .45ACP).

Felt recoil was/is a non-issue.  Both guns shot point of aim, and ran like sewing machines.

The USP45C was a great CCW gun.  The USP45T? Meh, not so much.

Having said all that, I'd CCW a USP45 - carry it AIWB at 1 o'clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, as long as you purchase new from a dealer, all USP and HK45/P30 series pistols are eligible for a $200 rebate from HK.

Yep, until 31 Dec; which is a really good deal.

OP, you should also check out the HK45 and HK45 Compact. 

As far as full size or compact in either the USP or HK45, I would say that would depend on the weapon's primary purpose. 

If it is concealed carry, get the compact; if its use is primary home defense and/or range use, go with the full size.