Terrorism Wins Again - "The Interview"

Oh Shoot

Sony released to Google, movie is available to buy or rent on Google Play. And is already posted on alternative sites.

And will open in some independently owned theaters tomorrow also, with apparently wider theater release first of the year.

- OS

Crap. No movie for vontar or R_Bert !   The theater capital of the free world*, and we can't see it.  Nice.

( * The largest cinema company in the US is headquartered in Knoxville. )

Edited by R_Bert
Sony won. Exclusive distribution where the theatre chains get zero. Intl hype for free. Even if it tanked they would still win. The losers are the theaters that backed off. Lawsuits on the hack? For dismissed help?Already debated w the ATTy crowd. From what I been told, the "firees" need to find a job
Interesting to say the least.
  • Like 2

Yup, the Theatre chains let a dangerous precedent get set.  Refuse a film and the movie companies know they can go to plan B and deliver it direct to homes and cut them out.

I would rather pay 5.99 to watch it at home with my family then go out and 20 plus, including my time waiting on them to get started when on demand I can click a button, heck even pause it and go to the bathroom as needed.

The theatres are going to learn they will not win that battle.  I am glad freedom of speech won even though I don't even want to see this movie.

Sony won. Exclusive distribution where the theatre chains get zero. Intl hype for free. Even if it tanked they would still win. The losers are the theaters that backed off. Lawsuits on the hack? For dismissed help?Already debated w the ATTy crowd. From what I been told, the "firees" need to find a job
Interesting to say the least.

Makes you wonder if all this nonsense was just one huge internal conspiracy. :tinfoil:

• Like 1

Yup, the Theatre chains let a dangerous precedent get set.  Refuse a film and the movie companies know they can go to plan B and deliver it direct to homes and cut them out.

I would rather pay 5.99 to watch it at home with my family then go out and 20 plus, including my time waiting on them to get started when on demand I can click a button, heck even pause it and go to the bathroom as needed.

The theatres are going to learn they will not win that battle.  I am glad freedom of speech won even though I don't even want to see this movie.

Yep, just like the record companies that are getting cut out now, so instead of a musician getting $0.25 per song on a cd release, they're getting $0.75 per song every time it's downloaded.

I did watch the movie today, it was the expected crude college humor kinda movie.  Really good if you liked tropic thunder or pineapple express.  But as you said Vontar, I'd much rather pay a few dollars and watch it at home rather than spend $13/ticket, $10/gas, $10/junk food.  

.... Really good if you liked tropic thunder or pineapple express.  ..

Loved both of those myself. But like most every flick that comes out, I'll see it in a year or so on HBO, SHO, MAX, or STARZ. Still just as "new" to me. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

I had a couple buddies go see it here in Nashville and their rating of the movie on a scale of 1-10 they gave it a 2. They said maybe if the Koreans had seen the movie before throwing the fit they probably would not have bothered having an issue with it....... :ugh: :ugh:

Like apparently many others, I watched it on YouTube. $5.99 plus tax for three of us to watch it in the comfort and privacy of my home plus you get it for 48 hours. I even stopped it twice to take the dog out. My overall opinion of the movie was probably three stars. Pretty much what you expect from the guys making this movie. I think if I had paid $30 for tickets and another $20 for popcorn and cokes, I would be giving it one star. 😄

I will also say after watching it, I have serious reservations that the North Koreans had any part in the threats against this movie. My money is this was a hoax or an inside job at Sony pictures. Just my $.02.
  • Like 1