Anyone still getting deer ?

Well it's December 2014 and I have only shot one young deer. I am a meat hunter and not a trophy hunter so I dont care about the antlers. But I have only saw three. I had a chance to shoot at some deer about two different  times but couldn't get my muzzleloader turned around in time. It took me 3 minutes to get my gun into a position to shoot and then they turned into a bush . They were about 30 feet from me :rant: . Is there anyone here that is still seeing deer active in the woods ? I'm just wondering if I am the only one having bad luck. Here's a picture of the one I got a few days ago . At this rate I can't be choosy , if it's brown without spots , it's going down , LOL 

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/deer2014_zps31d02b36.jpg.html]deer2014_zps31d02b36.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

Nothing here southwest edge of Montgomery county.  Got two doe's about three weeks ago about 11a, nothing seen after that.  I see a few at night on my way in, mostly between 10:30 and 11:00p.

Edited by Omega
  • Like 1

So far my son and Grandsons have bagged 9. My son called me the other night and told me my youngest grandson Logan age 9 bagged his first deerthat day An 8 point buck. Some of the meat is in my freezer. I was thrilled to hear also, he bagged it with of all guns my old Winchester model 94 I gave my son when he really began hunting deer seriously. He was about 18 at the time and it was one of the only 3 guns the thieves failed to steal in 1988. They were well hid in a false wall and didn't find it. Head is being mounted and pictures will be coming soon of mount. They are hunting on his land only and has quite a few deer on it. He has promised me one more before the end of season and I told him make it a young and tender one about 100lbs if possible....................... :up:

• Like 1
I saw 6 Saturday morning in Decatur county. Killed a big doe and missed a huge 8 about 11:15. Shot a treelimb a few feet in front of my rifle that wasn't visible through the scope. Got one buck tag left, gonna try to fill it next weekend when I can get back to the lease.

Nothing here southwest edge of Montgomery county.  Got two doe's about three weeks ago about 11a, nothing seen after that.  I see a few at night on my way in, mostly between 10:30 and 11:00p.

I am hunting the southeast portion of Montgomery county. I am hearing lots of shots but then again it may be coming from across the river in the other county. I am hunting right at the edge of the river. Cheatham is on the other side of the river bank. Everytime I go out i hear at least 4 booms .

Edited by tercel89

we head out ot the range on Sunday if that works for you, then anytime after Monday we can head out for a more than just a look I hope.

I'm game buddy! As far as the range goes, do you need me to come and pick you up?

Dave

Another doe down this morning. Had 5 come out across the field 260 yards away. Two of them turned and started trotting back into the woods and I didn't want to miss a chance for meat. Was hoping they would have came closer and maybe a chance to drop two of them but did not look like was going to happen.
Luckily the bigger doe of the group was standing still so put a 180gr TTSX into her lungs. 5 down and 2 more would be wonderful.