Merry Christmas 2014, TGO!

TGO David

• Administrator

Merry Christmas!

christmas.jpg

On behalf of myself and the Staff of moderators here at TGO, I would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.  I hope that you find yourself surrounded by friends, family and loved ones this holiday season.  If for any reason you are spending it alone, I hope that you are doing so by your own choice and that you find comfort and restoration in the peace and solitude that it brings.  If you are alone this season against your will, please seek out others to spend the day with even if it is by donating your time to serve the less fortunate through a local church or civic organization.

And above all, please be sure to keep the reason for this season in your hearts.  Rarely will you see me use TGO as a pulplit to preach from, however I would be remiss if I did not remind you that Christmas is truly about Christ Jesus and God's gift of his precious Son so that you could enjoy eternal life with Him.  (Luke 2:1-20)

If you are traveling this week, please do be careful out there.  And please be mindful of what's in your luggage if you are flying.  Don't accidentally forget ammo or a firearm and end up spending the holidays somewhere you wish you weren't.   ;)

• Like 13
Thank you, David.

All the best for you and your family.

And thanks for giving us all a place to play and enjoy each other's knowledge, sense of humor, an generally having a great time.

Merry Christmas to you, all your family, and of course,all the TGO Family!!
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas........Enjoy:

Luke Chapter 2

1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/book.php?book=Luke&chapter=2&verse=

• Like 8