The Official "What Santa Brought You For Christmas 2014" Thread

MrBrian

I didn't really receive anything this year outside of a bunch of joy from giving to others.  Although, my GF's kids did get me this nifty Captain America towelette.

1226140944_zps0f1292bf.jpg

While a new AR-10 would have been great, this was close enough.  :)

• Like 3

Actually we got the best Christmas present we could ever ask for. Her name is Madalynn and she was here a little early for Christmas but a Christmas baby none the less. We could not be happier to have a grand daughter to spoil. Definitely changes the way you view life.

10363582_972093492804353_780121204896613Madalynn_zpsae2830b5.jpg

My only Christmas wish is for our son to come home and met her next month. He has been deployed since July, and missed the birth, but he should be home within a month.

Tell your son thank you and to stay safe
  • Like 1

Well, Santa didn't bring it, but I gave this to myself.

Mortgage_Burning.jpg

No, didn't hit the lottery, but some stocks I have been sitting on for the better part of 10 years at a loss just recently went up and above what I paid.  I got enough to pay off my mortgage.  Some people tell me that is a mistake, but I see not having a mortgage payment and the ability to start investing in my future more now.

Edited by vontar
  • Like 19

Some people tell me that is a mistake, but I see not having a mortgage payment and the ability to start investing in my future more now.

Then those people are idiots. Dave Ramsey will tell you in a heart beat, get out of debt then build wealth.

Good on you! Debt free is the only way to live.
  • Like 1

Mortgage_Burning.jpg

No, didn't hit the lottery, but some stocks I have been sitting on for the better part of 10 years at a loss just recently went up and above what I paid.  I got enough to pay off my mortgage.  Some people tell me that is a mistake, but I see not having a mortgage payment and the ability to start investing in my future more now.

Walking bare foot in "your" grass is something that others just do not get.

We paid ours off 5 years ago, great feeling.

• Like 2

Mortgage_Burning.jpg

People who tell you that is a mistake are likely broke, stupid, trying to sell you something, or a combination or more than one of these.

Congratulations! It feels good to not owe anyone anything, huh?

• Like 2

No pics, yet, but a bunch of little stuff for my guns

- scope base for my Traditions muzzle loader

- Scope for my muzzle loader

- Bi-Pod for my 10/22TD

- Auto-bolt release for my 10/22TD

- recoil buffer for 10/22 TD

and for the last 3 months or so I kept hinting at bits for my impact driver.  I seem to use them up or lose them at the drop of a hat, so between my wife and Santa I got 3 sets of bits, one set being all #2 phillips, which is what I use the most of.

I managed to pay off my 30 year mortgage in 12 years.  I tried to talk them into a 15 year loan but they would not do it on my small down payment of 2k, but I got the figures for a 15 year pay off and I tried to aim for it anyways.  Plus I sent my tax returns to it most years to the principle.  There was times it hurt.  Second, I wasn't maxed out on my credit for what I could have got a loan for, I stayed 30 K under the max they would let me have.  I just wanted to beat them at their game.  They made a good deal of interest off of me over 12 years, but much less then if I had kept it to term.

With out selling those stocks, I would have been paying it off about 5 years from now. which would be 5 more years of interest.  I didn't expect the stocks to do much more then they had done recently.  Plus if they lost money again and I lost my job for some reason i would have been forced to sell.  So I sold at my choice and got out of doubt all but my truck.  Truck has lower interest that I am OK with. 

Edited by vontar

Santa gave me the OK to do this...

PX9105MLP_1200x782.png

I've got a new unused set of black VZ Grips in the safe from the last time I thought I was going to buy another 1911, a Raven Concealment Phantom holster coming, and an Ed Brown snake-skin texture magwell / mainspring housing coming for it.

I got the same MC Operator just haven't got it yet. I also got a LW Champion Operator for CCW. Put some old VZ Aliens in hyena brown on the LW but haven't decided on grips for the MC Operator. It will wear VZ grips just got to decide which ones. Also ordered a Nighthawk 1pc magwell/mainspring housing.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

I got the same MC Operator just haven't got it yet. I also got a LW Champion Operator for CCW. Put some old VZ Aliens in hyena brown on the LW but haven't decided on grips for the MC Operator. It will wear VZ grips just got to decide which ones. Also ordered a Nighthawk 1pc magwell/mainspring housing.

Nice!  I am hoping mine arrives by New Years Eve.

Eventually this one will go back to the Springfield Custom Shop for a set of Heinie Ledge Straight-Eight night sights, total MIM parts replacement, and to have the front strap of the frame checkered and the frame itself redone in black Armory Kote.

Until then I'm just going to shoot the snot out of it.

I managed to pay off my 30 year mortgage in 12 years.  I tried to talk them into a 15 year loan but they would not do it on my small down payment of 2k, but I got the figures for a 15 year pay off and I tried to aim for it anyways.  Plus I sent my tax returns to it most years to the principle.  There was times it hurt.  Second, I wasn't maxed out on my credit for what I could have got a loan for, I stayed 30 K under the max they would let me have.  I just wanted to beat them at their game.  They made a good deal of interest off of me over 12 years, but much less then if I had kept it to term.

With out selling those stocks, I would have been paying it off about 5 years from now. which would be 5 more years of interest.  I didn't expect the stocks to do much more then they had done recently.  Plus if they lost money again and I lost my job for some reason i would have been forced to sell.  So I sold at my choice and got out of doubt all but my truck.  Truck has lower interest that I am OK with. 

With the house payment freed up, it shouldn't take long to get rid of the truck payment. Put your old truck payment into a savings account every month and write a check for the next one. I'm telling you, it sure relieves a lot of stress. When you get to this point, money becomes unimportant, and you can focus on the things in life that really have meaning.

• Like 1

Here is my Spikes Tactical AR that I assembled with my Christmas gifts.

Spikes Upper/Lower receiver
Spikes CHF 14.5 barrel
Spikes BCG
Midwest Industries SS Keymod rail
Vltor buffer/buffer tube and buttstock
PSA LPK-would like a SSA trigger at some point
Misc Seekins Precision to replace some of the LPK components
Silencerco flash hider for when my can gets out of jail

62822219dd1d3950b87adc0e17192a33.jpg

2d4d307ea379c425049d112da9555773.jpg

5718f14cbf6e235d4909009eeb0cdac8.jpg

• Like 4

Here is my Spikes Tactical AR that I assembled with my Christmas gifts.

Spikes Upper/Lower receiver
Spikes CHF 14.5 barrel
Spikes BCG
Midwest Industries SS Keymod rail
Vltor buffer/buffer tube and buttstock
PSA LPK-would like a SSA trigger at some point
Misc Seekins Precision to replace some of the LPK components
Silencerco flash hider for when my can gets out of jail

62822219dd1d3950b87adc0e17192a33.jpg

2d4d307ea379c425049d112da9555773.jpg

5718f14cbf6e235d4909009eeb0cdac8.jpg

How do you like that rail so far?