Rock Chucker on its way

• Moderators

Excited.  My wife just informed me my Christmas present was going to be a day late.  She ordered me a Rock Chucker supreme master reloading kit.  Delivery was rescheduled for Friday.  Been wanting to get into reloading for a long time but just never "pulled the trigger" on the purchase.  Yes, my wife is a keeper.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas!

That's pretty exciting. Congrats to you for having married a good woman!

Don't forget, the Rock Chucker Supreme Maser Kit doesn't come with everything you need to begin hand loading.

Tumbler, media, dies, brass, bullets, powder, primers, powder trickler, brass trimming kit and pilots (I like Lyman for trimming on a drill), and large/small swaging tool if reloading military brass.

Optional would be a decent digital scale (Gempro 250 or Frankford Arsenal Platinum Powder Scale), primer pocket uniforming tool, and a flash hole uniforming tool.

• Like 1

I started reloading about 2 years ago with the same kit.  I love it.....and it's very easy to use. If I can do it, anyone can!!! ;)

I just bet that your wife doesn't realize how much more money that you will be spending on reloading now......

Don't forget, the Rock Chucker Supreme Maser Kit doesn't come with everything you need to begin hand loading.

Tumbler, media, dies, brass, bullets, powder, primers, powder trickler, brass trimming kit and pilots (I like Lyman for trimming on a drill), and large/small swaging tool if reloading military brass.

Optional would be a decent digital scale (Gempro 250 or Frankford Arsenal Platinum Powder Scale), primer pocket uniforming tool, and a flash hole uniforming tool.

I've spent well over $1000 on this stuff!!! 

• Like 1

I'd say that a steak dinner is in order for that lady.

Dies are an important choice to make. I have always liked Hornady dies. The sleeve on the seating die is important to me. They keep the bullet in line while it is being seated.

Components are easily gotten from David at the gun shows. He spent a lot of time with me when I was choosing a powder for 7.62x39 last weekend.

• Like 1

Even though I've got a Dillon 650 and a gaggle of die/ conversion kits. I had the dies, just not the conversion kit for 7.62x39.It was the first time I've completely reloaded that many cartridges on my rock chucker in quite a while. It was fun. I always resize once fired military cases on it because Lord only knows what kind of machine gun barrel those rounds were shot through, and I need the RC's leverage to resize those cases. When I got my mouser 98 I formed 8mm cases from 30/06 so I could reload and shoot them instead of having to use the corrosive stuff that's available without paying an arm and a leg. My Dillon trimmer is usually threaded up in my RC for trimming 223 and 308.

So as you can see, if you go to the dark side later your RC won't sit in a corner and rust.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, one more "have to have" thing is some washers that RCBS makes that are the exact thickness that is the difference between 38sp and 357 mag. Lock the lockdown screws on the die washer and no more adjustments are needed to change from one to the other.