Anyone still have their turntable?

NextExit

Hipsters try to ruin everything. It's in their DNA or something.

I've got a few players still, but of course my good setup is long gone. I've for a few all in one units that play records CDs and tapes, work fine but don't have a great eq, amp, needle or speakers so sound quality isn't quite there. Still fun to dust off Beckola or some Skynyrd albums and play through them though. :up:

i lost the best old school setup in 92.  a great system that i got overseas.  it even had a 12 inch reel to reel.  still got a old turn table and some old amps to play real records.  break them out often to play and look at the albums covers.  what real works of art the cover are.

• Like 1

Yes, I still have one. An old Pioneer with Denon preamp, receiver, and cd setup. Bought it all at Hi-Fi Buys so long ago I could not tell you what year it was.

Paired it up with some Kenwood studio speakers I go from a buddy back then. It all still sounds pretty good to me.

My wife wanted me to get rid old all the old LPs  I had.  But I managed to save a few.

Edited by hipower

I've been a serious vinyl collector since the 9th grade. with over 1300 LPs in my collection, I never got rid of my turntable. I've been using a Garrard linear tracking turntable since the mid-80's.

That doesn't mean that I ignored the digital revolution. My CD collection is about the same size as my vinyl collection, but there's lots of stuff in my LP/45 collection that has never seen the light of day on a CD release.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 2

Speaking of vintage audio equipment I have an old Pioneer VSX D680 receiver that I'd like to sell if anyone's interested. Like new and very pricy when new.

Wow, talk about hacking a thread [emoji13]

bb08d37eb1d3f69c7c505fb34fa19e20.jpgd9035c9d17d419fd861b12c5165a4470.jpg

Edited by kieefer

The sound is better coming off a quality turntable. Back in the 70s, it was all about sound quality, with big speakers, big amps, vacuum tubes. People are starting to realize that there is more to just owning a little "light" box with every song ever made on it, listened to with cheap poorly made speakers. I recently gave my son all of my LPs like:

Beetles White Album,

Lynard Skynard,

George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers,

The Pretenders Learning to Crawl,

Doc Watson's best off album,

The Steve Miller Band,

Leo Kottke,

Brain Salad Surgery 

The Cars

Fleetwood Mac

Stan Lee Jordan.

Blue Oyster Cult.

Kieefer, hold onto it.  The new stuff is crap.  I bought a new Pioneer (made in Vietnam  :puke:  ) and immediately returned it.  I ended up buying an older Nakamichi AV-3 off eBay (always wanted but could never afford)  Bast damn receiver I've had yet! :up:

Sold my Denon turntable years ago.  Looked at eBay to see what they're going for and it's sticker shock. Bang & Olufsen TX2 $225 needs cartridge ($245), Revox $300-$700, And a 1985 Nakamichi Dragon Self Computing Turntable for a mere $7,500  :stunned:  And some other brands I've not heard of like Rotel, Rega, & Sota.  I know you get what you pay for and if I get another, it won't be a cheap JCPenney from the local pawn shop.

Speaking of vintage audio equipment I have an old Pioneer VSX D680 receiver that I'd like to sell if anyone's interested. Like new and very pricy when new.

Wow, talk about hacking a thread [emoji13]

bb08d37eb1d3f69c7c505fb34fa19e20.jpgd9035c9d17d419fd861b12c5165a4470.jpg

What are the specs on it and how much are you looking for?

Kieefer, hold onto it. The new stuff is crap. I bought a new Pioneer (made in Vietnam :puke: ) and immediately returned it. I ended up buying an older Nakamichi AV-3 off eBay (always wanted but could never afford) Bast damn receiver I've had yet! :up:
Sold my Denon turntable years ago. Looked at eBay to see what they're going for and it's sticker shock. Bang & Olufsen TX2 $225 needs cartridge ($245), Revox $300-$700, And a 1985 Nakamichi Dragon Self Computing Turntable for a mere $7,500 :stunned: And some other brands I've not heard of like Rotel, Rega, & Sota. I know you get what you pay for and if I get another, it won't be a cheap JCPenney from the local pawn shop.

You may be right but I've got 4 old receivers and could spare this one. [emoji6]