New tapatalk for IOS

• Administrator

That's a pretty powerful statement.  I'm running the latest version of Tapatalk on both iOS and on Android and have no problems out of it.  While I do agree that the mobile web interface is really nice and rarely gets the acknowledgement it deserves, and have other reasons for disliking Tapatalk, I can't say that I have experienced anything with it that makes browsing the forum "impossible".

What problems are you having exactly?

i do not recommend that anyone update to the latest Tapatalk. It is impossible to browse the forums, thank goodness for the nice mobile web interface.

+1 on the mobile site.  I tried Tapatalk and tossed pretty soon after loading it up on my Droid. The mobile site is great.

It's different. I updated this morning simply because my OCD can't ignore the "update" badge.

I didn't like it a first as the Thread Titles are smaller than the Avatar and post synopsis. It makes it hard to figure which threads are which. However I still prefer the "participated" and tab that sorts my thread participation without subscribing to the thread.

Give it some time, if majority doesn't like it, they'll change it

I am using Tapatalk on my iPhone 5s and TapatalkHD on my iPad. I'm specifically talking about the latest iPhone version, ver 3.3 released Dec 29, 2014. There is no intuitive way to browse the all of the forums, only select on of the 5 icons which are fairly useful, Trending, Timeline, Unread, Subscribed and participated.  Plus it has crashed at least 5 times.

I really want to be able to list all the forums and browse them as I can on the Mobile site or previous versions of Tapatalk.  TGO has a nice mobile interface that does exactly what I want however some of the other forums I visit do not.

As of now this version has 172 one star ratings since I went to bed last night.

Edited by red dirt

I am using Tapatalk on my iPhone 5s and TapatalkHD on my iPad. I'm specifically talking about the latest iPhone version, ver 3.3 released Dec 29, 2014. There is no intuitive way to browse the all of the forums, only select on of the 5 icons which are fairly useful, Trending, Timeline, Unread, Subscribed and participated. Plus it has crashed at least 5 times.

I really want to be able to list all the forums and browse them as I can on the Mobile site or previous versions of Tapatalk. TGO has a nice mobile interface that does exactly what I want however some of the other forums I visit do not.

As of now this version has 172 one star ratings since I went to bed last night.

Notice at the top next to the forum title "Tennessee Gun Owners" there is a small down arrow. Tap the title and the forum list will pull down. Choose the category and the subcategory accordingly. I made the error of choosing TGO Trading post without choosing "firearms classifieds" or similar and it was blank. So make sure if there is a subcategory you choose one.
  • Administrator

You guys need to be sure to leave feedback for the Tapatalk app team in the Apple App Store as well as the Google Play Store and let them know what you think about the latest version.  If you want to give them a good rowing at their own support forum, head over to https://support.tapatalk.com and let them have it.

From what I've seen in the past, they are fairly responsive especially if their app's users are up in arms about a change made.

I guess I should be glad that I haven't upgraded to whatever version just got posted.   :)

Edited to add....

Clearly you all aren't in the minority.  People are pissed over there.  :D  A simple "new posts search" (https://support.tapatalk.com/find-new/posts) shows that folks are starting to riot.

Notice at the top next to the forum title "Tennessee Gun Owners" there is a small down arrow. Tap the title and the forum list will pull down. Choose the category and the subcategory accordingly. I made the error of choosing TGO Trading post without choosing "firearms classifieds" or similar and it was blank. So make sure if there is a subcategory you choose one.

Awesome, I must have missed that.  Now if the app wold stop crashing I could actually use it. :)

i do not recommend that anyone update to the latest Tapatalk. It is impossible to browse the forums, thank goodness for the nice mobile web interface.

The mobile web interface is all I've ever used. It's always worked great for me.

Edited to add:  Tapatalk ALWAYS has an irritating ad that pops up in front of the mobile site and sometimes is a bit difficult to close out on my iphone 5. It takes several taps on the "X" to get it to go away. After that, I'm good.

Edited by Randall53