Our fur friends.

This is our 5 year old Husky(Chloe). She's a complete diva but a great dog. She rules the house. The shedding is out of control though.

100_7797_zps0009b999.jpg

Next is our 15 month old mutt(Gunner). He's a good guard dog and listens really well. 

gunnahh_zpsa2bc78ef.jpg

Chloe beats up on him constantly! She looks mean as hell but when it comes to humans shes a big baby.

chloe3_zps0cb456e2.jpg

Terrible guard dog...

IMG_20121211_215837.jpg

• Like 5

This is our 5 year old Husky(Chloe). She's a complete diva but a great dog. She rules the house. The shedding is out of control though.

100_7797_zps0009b999.jpg

Next is our 15 month old mutt(Gunner). He's a good guard dog and listens really well. 

gunnahh_zpsa2bc78ef.jpg

Chloe beats up on him constantly! She looks mean as hell but when it comes to humans shes a big baby.

chloe3_zps0cb456e2.jpg

Terrible guard dog...

IMG_20121211_215837.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=HUSKY+MEME&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YtitVLeJIYOxggSQvYKwAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=79YWM2JjjTsXvM%253A%3B18YEAwSgFCHCRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fct.fra.bz%252Fol%252Ffz%252Fsw%252Fi55%252F5%252F9%252F27%252Ffrabz-Siberian-Husky-Owner-What-my-friends-think-I-do-What-my-mom-thin-7265b4.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ffunny-pictures.picphotos.net%252Fnew-generators-memes-700-x-516-79-kb-jpeg-credited%252F%3B700%3B516

You're welcome. ;)

My wife and I have been talking about getting a dog and I wanted to see How is the tempermant for the huskys? I think they are beautiful dogs.

From my short term dealings with them, GREAT. She loves other dogs(except for my buddies Wolf/Lab hybrid, he's a bit rambunctious and throws her off, lol), loves people and giving them kisses, and LOVES to run, which is why I take her to my parents property out in the sticks to have a play day usually every Sunday. When I said though that she loves chickens before, I mean that, she LOVES to kill chickens as she thinks they're like a playtoy. She shakes them until she "breaks the squeaker" essentially. When it's hot out, unless she's had her hair cut, she only wants to be out for very small increments at a time but when it's cooler or flat out cold, doesn't mind snooping around the parentals for well over an hour. My dad's Rotterman(Rottie/Dobie) tries to race her for about all of 3 seconds and then it's a "Yeah, F this..." and stops. And she's very smart and will pick up on stuff very quickly. Very receptive to training as well but I dunno if this is just her or a trait of the breed.

Edited by whitewolf001

My wife and I have been talking about getting a dog and I wanted to see How is the tempermant for the huskys? I think they are beautiful dogs.

One of the most loving and playful breeds around. I won't say they aren't sometimes a little headstrong, but they mind well, are fairly easily trained, and can be good watchdogs.

Some of the mixes can be pretty good as guard dogs as well. By that I mean the Elkhound/Malamute/Siberians. Our first was a Malamute/Siberian mix. She would get between anyone, anytime, anywhere and my wife. Not aggressively so, but you wouldn't easily get close.

But if you have kids, they are fantastic! Ideally raise them from puppies with a 5/6 year old child and the child will have a friend/companion/protector for the life of the dog.

We have had over a dozen in 30 years. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about any of them.  

• Like 1

Have you ever had a dog before? If not, I wouldn't recommend a Husky as your first pet. I've heard a lot of horror stories from Husky owners but I think that most of them are people that don't take a firm stance and let the dog walk all over them.

Let me describe our Husky.

• smart
  • stubborn
  • incredibly affectionate. She will let you pet her all day if you want. She also nudge you non-stop until you pet her. It can be very annoying
  • Horrible guard dog. I know one lady who's Husky defended their property as he should have. She was then sued by the POS. Most Huskies are bad guard dogs.
  • Non stop year round shedding. No breed sheds more than the Husky. If you're not prepared to vacuum and sweep daily then don't get a Husky.
  • Possessive over food. Aggressive towards some dogs.
  • Impatient with children but not mean.
  • Very well behaved. She doesn't chew or do anything in the house that she really shouldn't. She was also pretty easy to house break.

That's all I can think of. She is a GREAT dog and I wouldn't trade her for anything but I probably wouldn't get another Husky because the shedding is out of control.

Here's 3 of ours. Top is Ruby Belle, she is the little blind puppy that my wife found on the side of the road at about 5 pounds soaking wet (literally since it was pouring rain that evening). She of course has grown like a weed and is doing great. Her and Roman are definitely married, loving eachother one minute, fighting the next :lol:

Middle is Jake, he's a mix of some sort and is too big for his britches but minds pretty good. He and Roman also like to sumo wrestle 90% of the time they are awake.

And of course the bottom is Roman (my big feller). Most of y'all have followed him from the time he was a little feller so I'll include a picture if him then too. Only because I love him so much :)

And we have one more, he's Momma's dog. Ryley sits at her feet like a cat 99.9% of the time. He growls at me when I chomp my teeth at him......so I do it a lot! :) He's a mean lil $@#%!

IMG_264048732300896_zpsjrbnp1hp.jpeg

Here's when he could lay on my neck without causing severe cramps lmao! Mr Big Shot himself!

IMAG0529_zps21a097e6.jpg

• Like 4
A parrot is just like a good gun!! You lie about what you spend on them and you put them in your will!!! Macaws and cockatoos will live up to 80 years. And the Greenwing Macaw ( the red bird for people that are familiar with birds) broke my nose before it could she could even eat on her own or fly!! Very strong beaks!
  • Like 1
This thread makes me sad. I want a big dog (preferably golden retriever or yellow lab) so bad it hurts. I've wanted one my whole life. Wifey will not allow a pet (besides our betta) in the house. :-(

Beautiful animals, everyone. Keep it up, even though it hurts! :-)

This thread makes me sad. I want a big dog (preferably golden retriever or yellow lab) so bad it hurts. I've wanted one my whole life. Wifey will not allow a pet (besides our betta) in the house. :-(

My wife would have never even considered an animal in our house. I dropped of a lab puppy one morning. When I got home that evening, she was sitting on the couch with the puppy sleeping peacefully at her feet. A lab puppy will train your wife in short order.

• Like 7

My wife would have never even considered an animal in our house. I dropped of a lab puppy one morning. When I got home that evening, she was sitting on the couch with the puppy sleeping peacefully at her feet. A lab puppy will train your wife in short order.

My wife wanted a little dog, our daughter just wanted a dog. Neither had ever been around a dog so something as a puppy was mandatory. I wanted a dog with a substantial bark, and decent size. A lab fit all of my requirements and I knew my daughter would adapt. When I saw the thread on here about the litter of pups needing homes, we drove down that weekend and picked Bandit out. She fit in the palm of your hand. For a day or two...

The wife and the daughter wouldn't know what to do without Bandit at this point. They both took to her like fish to water. 

However, a large indoor dog is a job. I suppose one of those little yappy things doesn't make as much of a mess.

Here she is at about a month old which was just the right size that no one in the house could say 'no:'

bandit_1.jpg

• Like 4

I have posted these before, but this is my best buddy, Kennedy.    This was just a day running around at the farm.

Kennedy_20130119_0001.jpg

But in reality, it goes between this:

Ken3.jpg

and this:

Ken1.jpg

Just go get a Golden Puppy.  No one can say no to a Golden puppy.  I had to put down my Golden a few years back now, but I will have another as soon as I quit traveling so much.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4