Our fur friends.

Our Doberman family. Goodness they are fun.

[url=http://s645.photobucket.com/user/fishernorm/media/IMG_20151009_173532_zpsnvaa3xwg.jpg.html]IMG_20151009_173532_zpsnvaa3xwg.jpg[/URL] This is Dozer.

[url=http://s645.photobucket.com/user/fishernorm/media/IMG_20151011_1222201372_zpsxttc3jx9.jpg.html]IMG_20151011_1222201372_zpsxttc3jx9.jpg[/URL] and this is Sunny

Edited by Sea_Dog
  • Like 2

We have had both docked and non docked.  The one with docked ears was a rescue dog and one ear stood up and the other one did not.  With these two dobies, we sort of "settled" on not getting them docked and now I am used to it.  I could go either way...but the tails have to go.  As much as those rear ends wag I think the tail would do some damage :).  B

• Like 1

Wife and I gave it thought about docking the ears, and because they are just our pets and not show dogs we decided to let them flop. I have had other Dobermans where I had the ears done and I think it is a owners choice. Either way they are still a Doberman and great dogs but the our Yorkie rules the house :)

Some great pics posted. 

This is Roxy, our 2nd boxer, she's now 8 y/o

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/jimp10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5B2BBEE9-A5F2-4DCB-A491-696BE7C31337_zpsacd156hd.jpg.html]5B2BBEE9-A5F2-4DCB-A491-696BE7C31337_zps[/URL]

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/jimp10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Roxy/319FCFDC-B6E9-447E-A754-1BB32D622185_zpsndsedgn6.jpg.html]319FCFDC-B6E9-447E-A754-1BB32D622185_zps[/URL]
[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/jimp10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Roxy/6A3CF1C9-872B-47CF-BEBD-ADE9D92AB996_zps9qeycao3.png.html]6A3CF1C9-872B-47CF-BEBD-ADE9D92AB996_zps[/URL]
  • Like 1

One of the most loving and playful breeds around. I won't say they aren't sometimes a little headstrong, but they mind well, are fairly easily trained, and can be good watchdogs.

Some of the mixes can be pretty good as guard dogs as well. By that I mean the Elkhound/Malamute/Siberians. Our first was a Malamute/Siberian mix. She would get between anyone, anytime, anywhere and my wife. Not aggressively so, but you wouldn't easily get close.

But if you have kids, they are fantastic! Ideally raise them from puppies with a 5/6 year old child and the child will have a friend/companion/protector for the life of the dog.

We have had over a dozen in 30 years. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about any of them.

I'll vouch for that. I have a 16 year old husky. She's always been great with people. Likes most dogs except a few she didn't know that approached my daughters. She's been a great dog. She's coming to the end of her road. We just about need a pill sorter for her. She's my big fluffy and sheds a ton but she is worth it. I would invest in a Dyson vacuum if you get a Husky!
9d33baa93552ae21fc30feb2554f4946.jpg

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.
  • Like 5

Man, I never thought this thread would flourish like this. Totally awesome there are folks with fuzzy companions. Anyone have any non-furry pals; birds, reptiles, the like? I know one lady, not on the board mind you but here locally, that has numerous birds and a couple of primates.

I have to go see primates. Take me. Now. Please.

I have to go see primates. Take me. Now. Please.

Exotic Tropical's in Cookeville. Older woman that works there has them. I know for a fact she has a Lemur, or so she says. She gave me advice on getting a larger bird, Macaw specifically. :3

Edited by whitewolf001
^^^^ I was in a trans unit my last deployment and we called ourselves Lemurs because we were supposed to close down 4 bases and haul items south. We got laughed at by the NG unit that was our security and even the other 2 platoons in our company making snide remarks. All that changed after the Lemurs won the post basketball tournament, took the 155lb combatives bracket and 4 of us won our boxing match. All these events were held by Airborne Sapper BN's which made it sweeter since we were already looked down upon for being Reserves + our guidon had a dancing Lemur.

Here's my Burley , he's a Jack Russell / Black Lab mix . He's 11 years old now . The picture of him recently is the one of him next to my BBQ pit . The other is one of him a few years ago. He has gotten really gray around the eyes and muzzle. When I tell people about him being a Black Lab and Jack Russell Mix they get to laughing . Imagine a a Large Black Lab and a small Jack Russell doing the "bumpty bumpty" ha ha !!!!

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/burls_zps89ynqgxv.jpg.html]burls_zps89ynqgxv.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/001-4.jpg.html]001-4.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1

Here's my Burley , he's a Jack Russell / Black Lab mix . He's 11 years old now . The picture of him recently is the one of him next to my BBQ pit . The other is one of him a few years ago. He has gotten really gray around the eyes and muzzle.

001-4.jpg

Looks like you've trained Burley well.   Appears to have good muzzle control and paw off the trigger until ready to fire.  :)  

• Like 1

Is it just me, but I don't get why "lemur" was descriptive of that task?

- OS

We were told that we wouldn't be convoy security, we would be the trans company so some of the guys from the platoon wanted to use the lemurs and the song "we like to move it, move it" from the movie Madagascar. We enjoyed being low-key.
  • Like 1