Our fur friends.

In light of the horrible incident involving a canine and their owner I say we post photos of our companions, and if you want give a little back ground to yours, to raise some spirits.

My little gal is named Shade and I "inherited" her when my sisters girlfriend abandoned her in their breakup. She was forced on me but then, my sis didn't exactly have to twist my arm too hard. She is a total sweetheart and LOVES people but has an insatiable appetite of the avian variety, particularly chickens. Though she did come back one day with a buzzard...
898cb3b2b23a6f026bf364ee9fd59045.jpg
1a313bed461ed74adcc4a63b2ce8bea5.jpg
I caught her asleep here. Full on passed out on her back.
91c0d3d5b9240173c8c6a8e9b9f5df96.jpg

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.

• Like 6

This is Bandit, she is about 16 months old? Mostly Lab. Sharp as a tack, and fully devoted to the family. Well trained, mostly well behaved and she loves to cuddle. She also loves to play.

We got her from here on the board when she was just over a month old. I hope the rest of her litter mates did well, but Bandit knows she won the lottery. 

img_20150105_225807_155.jpg

I have a cat too, Moeko, but she won't sit peacefully and pose for a picture in exchange for a tortilla chip. She has been with us for ten years now. She is a good cat.

• Like 6

My remaining two...

Gulf Shores. 

All the kids on the beach loved them and they loved hunting down the beach crabs.

Dogsatthebeach_zpscb9739fe.jpg

DADDY, WHERE THE HELL IS OUR DINNER?

pups-1.jpg

Here's Maggie...I had to put her down last month.  It was a complete surprise...out of the blue she started acting weird and having seizures.

Vet found out it was a brain tumor and said nothing could be done.

MaggieFace1_zps16d90d12.jpg

Two of the three were rescues who won the lottery (we're "those" dog owners).

The one in the blue collar we've had since she was a puppy.  Lexi the Queen just thinks this is how life is.  The other two have had a bit of "reality."

They are / were all scary smart.  If they had thumbs, I'd be screwed.

Dick_zpsfd8ce682.png

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 12
IMG_20141213_175959529.jpg

The picture isn't the greatest but it's my most recent, Juice the husky mix at 6 months and Mandy the Catahoula Cur at 5 months in front of their dog house with fresh Christmas decorations. They share that house, its built on a 4'x4' frame.

IMG_20141220_223908366.jpg

Juice just being cool he loves to hang out in the living room with us.

IMG_20141029_223548.jpg

Mandy in her bed. She is very lazy, she loves her bed. Edited by tennessee01tacoma
  • Like 5

Here is my Kasey girl. I rescued her from a huge Yellow tomcat that evidently stole her from a litter of puppies from some where and was trying to kill her. I hear her yapping outside under my truck. I had seen this big yellow cat many times and was probably 15 lbs + in size. I ran back in house and got a rough rider loaded with shorts and a pan of water, laid down beside the truck and threw the water on them. The cat raised it's head and I shot it and this bleeding ugly long wet puppy came waddling out form under my truck.  picked her up and brought her in the house. She was bleeding from her nose on outside and from her ears where the cat scratched them. Other wise unscathed. A nice warm bath cleaned her up and I realized that this pup had not been weened yet. Still had foggy blue film on eyes and puppy breath. I had to bottle feed her about a month while getting her started on soft dog foods. That was 15+ years ago.

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/Fishpictures005_zpsf16a2e75.jpg.html]Fishpictures005_zpsf16a2e75.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/PictureorVideo007_zpsf3576786.jpg.html]PictureorVideo007_zpsf3576786.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/KaseyandGirlDog011_zps33ef6d7c.jpg.html]KaseyandGirlDog011_zps33ef6d7c.jpg[/URL]

She thinks she owns the Jeep and it is not allowed to go anywhere without her so he in the last picture she has it blocked until I tell her to get in the back seat........... :rofl:

• Like 6

Here is my Kasey girl. I rescued her from a huge Yellow tomcat that evidently stole her from a litter of puppies from some where and was trying to kill her. I hear her yapping outside under my truck. I had seen this big yellow cat many times and was probably 15 lbs + in size. I ran back in house and got a rough rider loaded with shorts and a pan of water, laid down beside the truck and threw the water on them. The cat raised it's head and I shot it and this bleeding ugly long wet puppy came waddling out form under my truck.  picked her up and brought her in the house. She was bleeding from her nose on outside and from her ears where the cat scratched them. Other wise unscathed. A nice warm bath cleaned her up and I realized that this pup had not been weened yet. Still had foggy blue film on eyes and puppy breath. I had to bottle feed her about a month while getting her started on soft dog foods. That was 15+ years ago.

Fishpictures005_zpsf16a2e75.jpg

PictureorVideo007_zpsf3576786.jpg

KaseyandGirlDog011_zps33ef6d7c.jpg

She thinks she owns the Jeep and it is not allowed to go anywhere without her so he in the last picture she has it blocked until I tell her to get in the back seat........... :rofl:

Every dog I've had so far has been trim and healthy except this last one. My dogs have seen almost every waterfall or swimming hole with-in 2hrs of Nashville and countless hiking trails, but the family has been so busy that "Boo" is gaining weight and on route to gaining weight. Wife loves how happy and content your baby looks.

For the OP, kudos on starting this thread up. Just got off work and this is how I want to spend my minutes before bedding down.

You've done it now, I have an excuse to show off my little buddy.
This is Ace. He's almost 4 months old now. Being a lab, he's rambunctious as all get out but he really surprises me every day how well he learns. He tears EVERYTHING up, as in I haven't found a toy he can't tear apart, even the rope ones for large dogs. Luckily, he doesn't chew on anything he's not supposed to, which surprised me. He's already got the commands sit, shake, lay down, and fetch down. I don't know if that's a lot for a dog his age or not, but like I said he really surprises me how well and how quick he learns. He stays outside and loves it, we put in one of the underground fences that stretches our entire property. However, this week he's staying in the garage out of the weather at night.
Most recent picture:
6062C98E-EF49-476D-BB33-4D64F4AC0BCC_zps

Some from the past few months:
90AA89E9-77DC-4350-B9FB-D7F17A7AB489.png
60ACEBE9-7805-47CD-AB8B-3E6D014A195E_zps
71897BC7-9AA6-42AB-B905-0FAF2FB9FE83_zps
B32F6E01-BB96-4D12-806E-6897E970EA1B_zps
A8C292EE-5AF7-4CBB-8797-C7B7B76CD2FA_zps

Edited by KKing
  • Like 10

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/tripp_zps26982604.jpg.html]tripp_zps26982604.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2569_zps1ae34f8c.jpg.html]IMG_2569_zps1ae34f8c.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/MylapdogTripp_zpsbe6f78e7.jpg.html]MylapdogTripp_zpsbe6f78e7.jpg[/URL]

Meet Tripp. He likes belly rubs, swimming, fetch, long walks, long naps, and table scraps. Someone told him he's a lap dog. He's great with people; children in particular. He'll be four years old next month, and there's still a little puppy in him. He's every bit as vicious as he looks. :D

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/0222121017a.jpg.html]0222121017a.jpg[/URL]

He sure does sleep funny though. :shrug:

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 6

Every dog I've had so far has been trim and healthy except this last one. My dogs have seen almost every waterfall or swimming hole with-in 2hrs of Nashville and countless hiking trails, but the family has been so busy that "Boo" is gaining weight and on route to gaining weight. Wife loves how happy and content your baby looks.

For the OP, kudos on starting this thread up. Just got off work and this is how I want to spend my minutes before bedding down.

quote  "Wife loves how happy and content your baby looks." Your wife says content and all of my friends that know her say she is Spoiled Rotten. I guess they say that because I cook for her. She loves chicken breasts cooked in Crock pot and I have a place I can buy them for about 1.05 a pound frozen. She also gets Jacks Link Turkey Jerky for her treats. Most everything else I have found as treats for dogs are made in China and poisoning dogs so I just feed her human jerky. Costs the same and I trust it because they are made in America and Canada. If anyone here is feeding their dogs WAGGIN TAILS Chicken Jerky you need to go on line and see how many dogs they have killed or made sick on them. I bet you will stop buying them if you love your dogs. A lot of people are suing that company. I think instead of suing the company they need to sue the people that sell the products so they will get pulled from the shelves..........jmho

• Authorized Vendor

You've done it now, I have an excuse to show off my little buddy.
This is Ace. He's almost 4 months old now. Being a lab, he's rambunctious as all get out but he really surprises me every day how well he learns. He tears EVERYTHING up, as in I haven't found a toy he can't tear apart, even the rope ones for large dogs. Luckily, he doesn't chew on anything he's not supposed to, which surprised me. He's already got the commands sit, shake, lay down, and fetch down. I don't know if that's a lot for a dog his age or not, but like I said he really surprises me how well and how quick he learns. He stays outside and loves it, we put in one of the underground fences that stretches our entire property. However, this week he's staying in the garage out of the weather at night.
Most recent picture:
6062C98E-EF49-476D-BB33-4D64F4AC0BCC_zps

Some from the past few months:
90AA89E9-77DC-4350-B9FB-D7F17A7AB489.png
60ACEBE9-7805-47CD-AB8B-3E6D014A195E_zps
71897BC7-9AA6-42AB-B905-0FAF2FB9FE83_zps
B32F6E01-BB96-4D12-806E-6897E970EA1B_zps
A8C292EE-5AF7-4CBB-8797-C7B7B76CD2FA_zps

What a sweet lookin' pup. :up:

• Like 1
IMG_20150106_172600.jpg

Snapped this shot of Juice today, he was afraid of the wheel barrow the other day when I got it out so today I took the opportunity to train him a little I put him in and told him to sit and stay and he didn't move till I told him to come. He is the best trained dog I've ever had he learns really fast and listens fairly well. I try to work with him daily but don't always get to. Edited by tennessee01tacoma
  • Like 4

Here are my three girls. Tank, the white Pomeranian, is about 9 and sleeps with me every night. Spoiled rotten.
The other two are sisters. And it should come as no surprise that their names are Smith and Wesson. Smith is the
sable and Wesson is the black. Otherwise known as my three bitches:)
139acf171da189947846d4163b0a53e9.jpg
407a2f23231a2cbedaa422f0112de240.jpg
a55e1aef4c8ad5af2ab779daaad8f5a9.jpg

Edited by gr8smiles
  • Like 7

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_1821_zpsa196afb1.jpg.html]IMG_1821_zpsa196afb1.jpg[/URL]

These are our mutts. The whole gang is here. From Left to Right we have : Chiquita "Banana" in the Thundershirt (Shar Pei and devil), Earl "The Squirrel or The Pearl" (1/2 Rottie, 1/4 Pit, 1/4 English Bulldog), Sophia "Meatloaf" (Pit and Lab), Maxwell VonTrampsalot (Labaweiner), Leroy Jethro Gibbs (American Staffordshire Terrier), Floyd (Earl's Brother/Litter mate).

Clearly from the names you can tell I am a bit of a dogaholic. I love these goofballs more than anything in the world. We call them our kids, since we won't ever have real ones (by choice). 

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 6

Hi, I'm Tedro2022 and I'm a dog-aholic. Love the critters, and everyone here has beautiful kids. Think I've shared mine before, but I'll do it again and give some background on them (best that I can):
8e71379a28ab1829530e3fd9d56e4bae.jpg
That guy right there? His name is Sarge. There's a little border collie and a little German Shepard mixed in with some other mutt juice with this guy. He was adopted by my wife before we got married a few years ago. She got him on Craigslist. The folks she got him from didn't care for him much and probably abused him a little as well. He's scared to death of loud noises, new people and the dark. Kid's really come a long way and once he warms up to you, you can't stop petting him (because he won't let you). He also comes running to the closet every morning after I put my pants on to sniff them, I've dubbed him my official pants inspector.
9b2f8d601e37fe503a83607ffac3776b.jpg
This is Bailey, she's my pit bull/boxer mix. Bailey's coming up on being 10 years old this year. A former coworker rescued her off the side of the road where someone tied her up to a speed limit sign and left her. Took a few weeks but I went over to meet her she turned the corner from the top of the stairs at the house she was staying, ran down put her butt down and leaned into my leg while looking up at me with a "are you my new daddy?" look on her face. We've had a lot of fun over the years, and she's probably saved my life on more than one occasion. It'll be hell for me when she goes, but we won't go any further with that nonsense. She's a great watch dog around the house, especially when we're not home. Doesn't get along with all other dogs, but I watch her and keep her out of trouble. She's smart as a whip and knows not to trust anybody until I shake their hand. Not sure where she picked that up, but that wasn't my doing.
Here's a couple more of them together, they like to snuggle:
4dd0287d036eaefd477006c12336a394.jpg
58b50e5b9ab2a81818890c90a14ef0b6.jpg
4e73783b277d5fe0db395946eb4052e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3