Our fur friends.

Hi, I'm Tedro2022 and I'm a dog-aholic. Love the critters, and everyone here has beautiful kids.

Bailey is beautiful! I had a Bailey too, he was an Akita/Boxer mix. I lost him in July. I think there must be something awesome about dogs named Bailey. :-) Admitting you're a dog-aholic is a good step, but it usually just leads to more! LOL

My house is the same. We were up to 6 because we take in every stray we find and then get them fixed and new homes. I think we are trying to break the bank on dog care. But they are worth every penny

Don't get me started on vet bills! You're a good person for that! Monkey laughs at me because I donate to ARC and a rescue in Texas that saves pups on the "kill list". I always tell him that we can't take it with us. He just shakes his head and says "how much this time"? He's a good guy like that!

Bailey is beautiful! I had a Bailey too, he was an Akita/Boxer mix. I lost him in July. I think there must be something awesome about dogs named Bailey. :-) Admitting you're a dog-aholic is a good step, but it usually just leads to more! LOL

I'm a Colorado kid, thus a Denver Broncos fan. She's named after Champ Bailey, the best corner to ever play the game. There will be more Bronco names as more puppies come into the family: Elway, (Tom) Jackson, (Steve) Atwater, etc. If Peyton can pull out a Super Bowl victory while wearing a Broncos uniform he'll get the honor of having a dog of mine being named after him too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
9140e75aba09a11a633e3bbeee0a77c8.jpg
This one is called Punk. My wife got her 13 years ago and she still rules the house.
Awesome on the donations. We stared donating food and treats to the local shelter here in Columbia, the workers there are great with giving the dogs all the love they can.
  • Like 5

I'm a Colorado kid, thus a Denver Broncos fan. She's named after Champ Bailey, the best corner to ever play the game. There will be more Bronco names as more puppies come into the family: Elway, (Tom) Jackson, (Steve) Atwater, etc. If Peyton can pull out a Super Bowl victory while wearing a Broncos uniform he'll get the honor of having a dog of mine being named after him too. :)

Awesome, Floyd and Earl came to us from a friend of mine in Chicago. We drove 12 hours round trip to get them. Earl's real name is Urlacher but we shorten it so it doesn't sound crazy in public or outside.
  • Like 1

Awesome, Floyd and Earl came to us from a friend of mine in Chicago. We drove 12 hours round trip to get them. Earl's real name is Urlacher but we shorten it so it doesn't sound crazy in public or outside.

Yeah, I can already hear myself yelling "PEYTON!!!" at the top of my lungs to get them in the house to go to bed and how crazy/redneck my neighbors are going to think I am. Funny thing is, I don't really care what they're gonna think!!! Ha ha!

• Like 1

This is our rotten useless good-for-nothing hunk of dog flesh, aka hound of the baskervilles, aka bad dog, aka Opal.  Her coloring as a puppy very much resembled a black opal and she's gotten darker as she's gotten older.  She's 13 now.   We believe she's a dalmatian (or is that damnation?) blue heeler mix which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. 

We got her from a shelter as a very sick puppy.  As a puppy she was deathly afraid of tall men in dark pants which tells me there's abuse in her past.  Major separation anxiety followed that we never really fixed, just learned how to better deal with it.  A few years later epilepsy showed up.  Then we had kids and she's bitten my oldest boy twice, the 2nd time requiring a few stitches.  Now it's just cranky old age and arthritis.  In her prime, she was the fastest dog I've ever seen.  I've seen her run down a deer in an open field.

i-hpXrqTG-M.jpg

i-WGCX2QH-M.jpg

i-VSPgQmJ-M.jpg

• Like 2

That is one handsome dog, my friend.  I'll take him.  :)

Boo used to belong to my sister, long story short, she and her boyfriend at the time had three dogs, they broke up and he left all three with here even though he owned 2 of them. I flew Boo out here from California and now my sister has the two that she can manage.
Except for the dry skin and allergies he dealt with the first few months he lived here, he loves TN and all the outdoors.
http://s840.photobucket.com/user/ernursebjb/media/imagejpg1_zps512888ca.jpg.html?filters[user]=110587008&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
This is Sadie. She belonged to one of my hospice patients and did not have any where to go after his passing. Family was going to take her to the pound. I COULD NOT see that happening. We were best friends until Dec 3 when she started acting weird and would not eat. Vet said she had liver cancer after a lot of tests. I still look for her everyday when I get home. You really can't beat a Weimy for a great pet. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • Like 3