Pit Bull's are not to blame for their attacks...owners read !!

Ron_TN

Sir, you do not know what you are talking about. From the sound of it you seem to have been somehow involved in dogfighting. I'm not sure where your experience with these animals comes from, but I assure you once again owners on this site are well aware of their responsibilities as dog owners.

I never said that ..........it was a post i found and posted it from a pitt bull site....

Hi Ron!

I just wanted to share something with you. As an owner of 6 rescued dogs, (4 of which are bully breeds) I am a bit saddened by your opinions of what I know to be loyal and loving souls.

If you go visit petfinder.com there's a whole special page devoted to myths about pitbulls! The first one they address is that pesky one about their jaws locking. It simply isn't true! If you were to compare the skull of a pitbull to that of, hmm a collie?, you would see no special bones, ligaments or anything else that would give them such an ability.

What these dogs do have is determination. Which personally I think is a great quality! They never give up! Gibbs, my Am Staff (they're small and cute) he never gives up on kissing everyone. He loves to lick, it drives me nuts! Floyd and Earl are 2 of my youngest pups, they're 1/2 Rottweiler, 1/4 English Bulldog and 1/4 Pitbull (they're super cute!). They're determined to always pester me for treats and food to throw the ball! So annoying. But they still can't lock their jaws.

I don't want to address everything you said, because we have such different views of these dogs. I bet we'll probably never agree. But, if you'd like, I'd love to invite you over to meet my "vicious" dogs. I'd love to show you what funny, goofy souls they are. I bet they might just surprise you. I understand that might not sound fun to you. An that's OK! But just know, it's an option if you'd like.

When I met my husband I was terrified of guns. Seriously. 1,000% scared. The first two things he taught me were "all guns are always loaded" and "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Now, I love them. I love to shoot, I love to take friends and educate them and I really love to shop for them! You should see my new Mossberg! It's incredible!

But my husband taught me that being a responsible gun owner and using them properly and helping to educate people about them is ok. I returned the favor but educating him on Pit Bulls. He adopted his first one after our Rottweiler, Buddy, passed away.

This is a very loyal, very proud breed. Sadly the media and people who LOVE to believe the Internet and Media about what kind of dog they are have hurt the breed. So have people like Michael Vick. Dogs (all breeds) are a reflection of their owner. Dogs are a lot like 2 year old humans. Regardless of the breed, they are what we as humans make them.

Lastly, I saw where you put that you've seen a Pit Bull fight. That makes me sad Ron, I hope you did the right thing and notified the authorities. Dog fighting is commonly used to fund illegal activities like drugs. Why would humans be that cruel? Make an innocent soul fight, just to fund illegal activities. And how can anyone with a good conscious view a dog fight? If you'd like to meet Floyd, Earl and Gibbs just let us know. Matt's a chef and he can make dinner. I think after a few minutes with them you'd probably change your mind and you probably wouldn't cut and paste incorrect information about a great breed that when owned by good people, are really loving companions! Have a great night Ron! Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 8
MrsMonkeyMan2500, on 06 Jan 2015 - 7:49 PM, said:

Hi Ron!

I just wanted to share something with you. As an owner of 6 rescued dogs, (4 of which are bully breeds) I am a bit saddened by your opinions of what I know to be loyal and loving souls.

If you go visit petfinder.com there's a whole special page devoted to myths about pitbulls! The first one they address is that pesky one about their jaws locking. It simply isn't true! If you were to compare the skull of a pitbull to that of, hmm a collie?, you would see no special bones, ligaments or anything else that would give them such an ability.

What these dogs do have is determination. Which personally I think is a great quality! They never give up! Gibbs, my Am Staff (they're small and cute) he never gives up on kissing everyone. He loves to lick, it drives me nuts! Floyd and Earl are 2 of my youngest pups, they're 1/2 Rottweiler, 1/4 English Bulldog and 1/4 Pitbull (they're super cute!). They're determined to always pester me for treats and food to throw the ball! So annoying. But they still can't lock their jaws.

I don't want to address everything you said, because we have such different views of these dogs. I bet we'll probably never agree. But, if you'd like, I'd love to invite you over to meet my "vicious" dogs. I'd love to show you what funny, goofy souls they are. I bet they might just surprise you. I understand that might not sound fun to you. An that's OK! But just know, it's an option if you'd like.

When I met my husband I was terrified of guns. Seriously. 1,000% scared. The first two things he taught me were "all guns are always loaded" and "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Now, I love them. I love to shoot, I love to take friends and educate them and I really love to shop for them! You should see my new Mossberg! It's incredible!

But my husband taught me that being a responsible gun owner and using them properly and helping to educate people about them is ok. I returned the favor but educating him on Pit Bulls. He adopted his first one after our Rottweiler, Buddy, passed away.

This is a very loyal, very proud breed. Sadly the media and people who LOVE to believe the Internet and Media about what kind of dog they are have hurt the breed. So have people like Michael Vick. Dogs (all breeds) are a reflection of their owner. Dogs are a lot like 2 year old humans. Regardless of the breed, they are what we as humans make them.

Lastly, I saw where you put that you've seen a Pit Bull fight. That makes me sad Ron, I hope you did the right thing and notified the authorities. Dog fighting is commonly used to fund illegal activities like drugs. Why would humans be that cruel? Make an innocent soul fight, just to fund illegal activities. And how can anyone with a good conscious view a dog fight? If you'd like to meet Floyd, Earl and Gibbs just let us know. Matt's a chef and he can make dinner. I think after a few minutes with them you'd probably change your mind and you probably wouldn't cut and paste incorrect information about a great breed that when owned by good people, are really loving companions! Have a great night Ron!

This is probably the finest first post I've ever seen.

• Like 4

Hi Ron!

Lastly, I saw where you put that you've seen a Pit Bull fight. That makes me sad Ron, I hope you did the right thing and notified the authorities. Dog fighting is commonly used to fund illegal activities like drugs. Why would humans be that cruel? Make an innocent soul fight, just to fund illegal activities. And how can anyone with a good conscious view a dog fight? If you'd like to meet Floyd, Earl and Gibbs just let us know. Matt's a chef and he can make dinner. I think after a few minutes with them you'd probably change your mind and you probably wouldn't cut and paste incorrect information about a great breed that when owned by good people, are really loving companions! Have a great night Ron!

Thanks for your input,  Pit bulls are great dogs......like all aniamls "MAN" uses them for his own needs.....what ever the case may be.  I have no problems with them, its not their fault they where bred for fighting.  Abused like so many animals

Thanks for your input, Pit bulls are great dogs......like all aniamls "MAN" uses them for his own needs.....what ever the case may be. I have no problems with them, its not their fault they where bred for fighting. Abused like so many animals

Actually they were bred to bait Bears and Bulls. They also were used as working dogs in fields. I appreciate your sudden change of heart, but I feel the need to point out their origins and why they were bred.

Again, spreading untruths can cause them to be looked at in a negative light. I'm sure you're a great guy, but so are my dogs! They're no more violent than you or I.

If you'd like to see them, I posted a photo of them under the "our fur friends". Please feel free to take a look, they're super adora-bull! :-)
  • Like 1

I don't care how many people come to the defense of pit bulls.  Every instinct I have tells me they are dangerous animals and I want nothing to do with them.  I'm sure some of you who own pit bulls are wonderful owners, but there is always the potential for things to go bad, and I'm not about to lower my guard because a few people on the internet tell me they're good to go if you just train them right.  There is a lot of documented risk with a pit bull and not enough mitigation available to contain it in my eyes.

I won't go so far as to say that people shouldn't have them, but I can understand why come communities would want to designate them a dangerous animal.  I would also be on edge if any of my neighbors had one, especially since there aren't an abundance of fences around properties where I live and anybody can make an honest mistake that would result in them being loose.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
Listen, I get it. I don't have a problem with people who dislike them. That's your right, just like I don't really care for small dogs or certain breeds like Labs or German Shepards. There's nothing wrong with them. They just aren't for me.

My only problem comes in when people start quoting the Internet or Biased Media who tell them what to think. I mean, it's the Internet so it's always true, but still!

As a responsible dog owner, our former home had a 6' privacy fence. Honestly, it wasn't for the safety of my neighbors, it was for the safety of my dogs. Same thing is about to go up at our new home. We'll be on acreage but the dogs still get a private, fenced area where they are safe.

I respect your views and I appreciate you speaking your opinion and not just false information.

Responsibility starts and ends with the owner. Gibbs is named after a fictional character who was a Marine because an Am Staff named Sgt. Stubby is the highest decorated dog is the USMC.

We all have or loyalties to breeds we know and love. Just like we all have favorite brands of guns we know and trust. I love my Am Staff like I love my SA 1911. And I'll always protect my right to have my Am Staff and my 1911. :-) Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 1
Sir, I have attempted to conduct myself in the most respecting manner on this site. It is a friendly and family oriented place. What you have posted is a vile and disgusting website. There are many like it on the web, and I feel they have no place here. I am fine with a friendly argument, but draw the line here. Good bye.
  • Like 2

I, like my husband, think that what you are posting is not only irresponsible but disgusting and vile. Not because of the breed or the victim, but because you have no idea if that is even an accurate story. You think because you copy and paste random internet pages, that it backs your point up. It doesn't. It just makes you wreck less and ignorant. You're being irresponsible. I can assure you, these posts are not going to save lives. You're merely bored and you're attempting to use this story to stir the pot. Have you considered taking up a hobby? Wood carving, knitting, chess or a good bible study group? Maybe then you wouldn't feel the need to conduct yourself in the manner you are.

The first amendment is to protect the right of free speech for people and I believe in it. Just as much as the 2nd. It protects people like Al Sharpton, Ann Coulter and even you. But that doesn't mean you should abuse it, the way that you are.

Also, just to correct you, while your busy scouring the Internet for these stories, Google for Gremlin the Pit Bull. She's a therapy dog in Ohio. And she's not the only one.

doesn't that boy look cute with all those stitches in his face and ear missing.........all those children dead from a dog....and you think its all a hoax .....I am making it all up ...tell it to the family's of the victims 

Edited by Ron_TN

The first amendment is to protect the right of free speech for people and I believe in it. Just as much as the 2nd. It protects people like Al Sharpton, Ann Coulter and even you. But that doesn't mean you should abuse it, the way that you are.

Quick point...the 1st Amendment doesn't apply one bit internally on TGO.  It only applies to government repression of free speech in our country. 

You pointed out that in the other thread that TGO has a code of conduct in the other pitbull thread.  If Ron is abusing anything, it's that code of conduct, not the 1st Amendment.  The Admin team and Moderators make that call and they will step in should they think Ron is out of line. If you feel the need to get their attention on this so they can adjudicate that sooner rather than later, use the Report button on the thread that you feel is over the line.

Quick point...the 1st Amendment doesn't apply one bit internally on TGO. It only applies to government repression of free speech in our country.

You pointed out that in the other thread that TGO has a code of conduct in the other pitbull thread. If Ron is abusing anything, it's that code of conduct, not the 1st Amendment. The Admin team and Moderators make that call and they will step in should they think Ron is out of line. If you feel the need to get their attention on this so they can adjudicate that sooner rather than later, use the Report button on the thread that you feel is over the line.

Thank you for the info, I know what the 1st amendment is. I was merely trying to make the point that I know he is entitled to his opinions and to talk about them. That's all. I just wish there were actual facts being used. Every post has either a fact that contradicts his previous post or other inaccuracies. And I realize now, it's insane to even try to help educate or point out mistakes. Which is really why I'm washing my hands of it.
But again, thank you, next time I'll try to word it better. I have an awful habit of typing this how I talk. Which is sometimes, not helpful. I think in this case I might as well just speak Klingon. It would do about as much good as English.
I personally can see your side of things neighbor of mine has two pits that are wonderful friendly dogs who play well with my Labrador. I'm leary of any dog who is not mine and I don't let my kids or my dogs around any dog or people when I'm not around not because of it being a pit or anything else for that matter they're an animal so you don't know how they may react in any situation. I honestly doubt if my lab would be aggressive towards anyone and I don't see any sign my neighbors two pits would be aggressive but I treat my dogs or any dog the same way I treat any animal including humans with respect but also with enough intelligence to know anything can happen and anything can trigger a bad reaction from either. Just my .02 cents worth but seriously it's beating a dead horse with this argument I've seen good and bad in just about any breed of animal

-Dusty-
My neighbor has a few pit bulls, which are never locked in the fence. I own a 45 AC forrest which routinly has their dogs running around on it. I worry about their loose dogs because I have a little dog myself and two small children. I will take the dogs lovers word for it about being a nice breed but it something happens I will not only clear them out, I will forever be an enemy to that breed and its protectors.

My neighbor has a few pit bulls, which are never locked in the fence. I own a 45 AC forrest which routinly has their dogs running around on it. I worry about their loose dogs because I have a little dog myself and two small children. I will take the dogs lovers word for it about being a nice breed but it something happens I will not only clear them out, I will forever be an enemy to that breed and its protectors.

I don’t care if they are pit bulls, Dobermans, Labs, or poodles; you should not have to be concerned about the safety of your children because of dogs running loose; especially on your own property. Your neighbor is irresponsible and should have his dogs taken away. Unfortunately the dogs have to pay the price for the reckless acts of owners. It shows that we have to have laws because of the people that can’t act responsibly on their own.
  • Like 3

If you're not comfortable with the dogs running loose, ask the owners to contain them.  If they don't, call the local animal control.  Dogs not permitted to "run at large" in TN... it's a state law. 

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Just one thing.....I never read or hear about collies, labs, and (fill in the blank) mauling and killing people. I'm sure it happens....rarely. It's always pit bulls and more often than not it's their owners that pay the price...the ones that keep telling everyone how wonderful they are. So whatever...adults make their own decisions and as long as they keep them in their homes or yards I don't really care. Pits have a reputation for a reason...it's not just dreamed or made up.

I've owned a dog most all my life but would never consider a  Pit in a million years. That's just me maybe....but it's my decision and no one else's.

• Like 2

Yea I would have a very serious problem with that...be respectful of my stuff and I'll be respectful of yours type of situation. Nothing good ever comes out of a group of dogs running around together in the woods. They start acting more wild the more that they do it no matter how they were raised or what environment they came from...its a natural instinct.

Edited by tennesseetiger
  • Like 1

Nothing good ever comes out of a group of dogs running around together in the woods. They start acting more wild the more that they do it no matter how they were raised or what environment they came from...its a natural instinct.

I pretty much agree with this statement. I live in a rural area and have had several run-ins with packs or heard them chasing deer thru the woods. That's just one of 25 reasons to own a Rottweiler out in this neck of the woods. They can take care of themselves for the most part. And there's no shortage of coyotes yippin' in the distance after dark.

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel
  • Like 1

I would highly advise doing something about the situation now while you have the foresight. IMO if anything happens you'll have your neighbors to blame, and maybe yourself if your really concerned about the situation already. It's not the breeds fault, or it's protectors that your neighbors won't contain their animals. Any breed or breeds running loose unchecked like that will be a problem for you sooner or later if you want to take advantage of your land and let your poochie run for a while or your kids out to build a fort. Make the call now.
  • Like 2