Not A Polar Vortex, Could Have Fooled Me (Jan 2015)

runco

A year ago, I remember we had several vortex posts.  Well this is a new year, but this is not a post on a Vortex.  Weather man says this is just an old fashioned cold front.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Its like 12 degrees here with a good 20 MPH wind.   Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I don't know what the difference is, its just Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold here!

Whats your reading?

10 here in Nashville according to the iphone. It's going to dip down even lower to about 7 or so before dawn. I better put out some kind of shelter for the complex cats that are roaming around. I saw some younger ones a few weeks ago and it would be a rough night to be outside.

This morning in Oak Ridge.

We are having a severe snow storm in East TN. I managed to brave the cold(31) and storm long enough to get this picture. By all means, don't go outside. Due to the amount of snow we have received it has been difficult to get an accurate measurement. I am afraid I won't be able to attend work today. ‪#‎EastTNBlizzard‬

IMG_20150107_082346.jpg

Urgent request for sherpa's, dog sleds, Siberian Huskys, Alaskan Malamutes, and Alaskan Huskys ‪#‎EastTNBlizzard‬

Edited by vontar
  • Like 3

We are having a severe snow storm in East TN. I managed to brave the cold(31) and storm long enough to get this picture. By all means, don't go outside. Due to the amount of snow we have received it has been difficult to get an accurate measurement. I am afraid I won't be able to attend work today. ‪#‎EastTNBlizzard‬

Urgent request for sherpa's, dog sleds, Siberian Huskys, Alaskan Malamutes, and Alaskan Huskys ‪#‎EastTNBlizzard‬

Sounds like my office mate who every time I complain that it's cold tells me about his years stationed in Adak, AK like here isn't cold, but he's yet to take me up on wearing a set of OR scrubs to lunch down the block for just an hour to see what it's like.

• Like 1

This morning in Oak Ridge.

IMG_20150107_082346.jpg

Where is this snow storm? Haven't seen a flake here next door to you. This all happen briefly this am? I was up at the crack of 11.  Did it lay in OR?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Sounds like my office mate who every time I complain that it's cold tells me about his years stationed in Adak, AK like here isn't cold, but he's yet to take me up on wearing a set of OR scrubs to lunch down the block for just an hour to see what it's like.

You shouldn't try to lure the poor fellow into your doctor/patient fantasy. :rofl:

• Like 1

Don't care if it's polar or not. It's cold. And windy!

Wind blew a wooden rocker off my front porch about noon. I stepped out long enough to take about 6/8 steps both ways to wedge it back in place, and that was enough for me.

I'm not even supposed to set foot out of the house for the next few days. Doc's orders. And more importantly and dangerous to ingnore...wife's orders!

I was up at 5:00 AM, temp 4*F, all my chickens, dogs and cats made it OK.

Now we did have most of the cats and dogs inside(dad burn it) but as long as they did not make a mess I am OK with it.

No messes I have found yet.

Hope all yall had no worries last night.

How does this compute with the global warming groups?? You come and stand at my back door at 4 a.m. at 4 degrees and tell me we have global warming. You will beg to come and sit in front of my Ashley insert!! Ya'll stay warm.

Edited by Dirtshooter

How does this compute with the global warming groups?? You come and stand at my back door at 4 a.m. at 4 degrees and tell me we have global warming. You will beg to come and sit in from of my Ashley insert!! Ya'll stay warm.

Oh this, it's just a temporary localized, seasonal, weather pattern. It's going to melt us all down very soon.

How does this compute with the global warming groups?? You come and stand at my back door at 4 a.m. at 4 degrees and tell me we have global warming. You will beg to come and sit in from of my Ashley insert!! Ya'll stay warm.

This is why they now call it "Climate Change."