Ruger LCP Recall

Guest nofearracer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Natosha

FYI- If anyone is having a problem with UPS picking up because of work they will email you a packaging slip and you can print it and drop it off any any UPS drop off facitlity. I did that since I had to work today. Now it is already there.

Guest Natosha
My buddy sent his away on the 9th and just got it back today. Yes Natosha, he got a hat along with a new magazine with finger rest.

LCPHat.jpg

Well the gun is mine but he can have the hat. HA! I don't think I will be wearing it. Although he has the SR9 hat. I guess I could wear it when I go to the range. Everyone would know we are a Ruger family huh. :) I am really excited about the finger grip for it too. I think it will make a big difference in the feel. I was going to get me one anyway so now I wont have to.

I aint believing this. UPS picked up my gun on 12/8 and delivered it back to me today 12/12. Four day turnaround time from Tenn. to AZ and back. Came back with the new mag and a Ruger LCP hat in the box. Plan on taking it to the range tomorrow and make sure everything still works as good as it did before the recall.

Was it delivered back top via ups?

Guest Major Pain

UPS just delivered mine. Shipped on 16th and back on 22nd. Cap and extra mag in box. Only one question ,does everyone's repaired LCP have the diamond mark? There is no diamond mark under the hammer on my gun and from other posts I thought this was SOP. Now to put some rounds through it and check it out.--MP

MPain, I believe I would call Ruger and ask about this. It was my understanding also that the diamond stamp was the proof that the hammer had been replaced. If the stamp isn't there you may still have a safety issue. If you ever go to sell the gun, no diamond stamp may hurt your sale.

Edited by waynesan
Guest Major Pain

Sorry guys, my bad. After more examination I did find it. Very light diamond mark up close to hammer on ledge. The picture I had seen on another forum looked more pronounced. Old eyes but will try to do better.---MP

• 4 weeks later...
Shot mine for the first time since I got it back from the recall. The trigger seems very different. The reset is waaay out there now. Anyone experiencing this?

Mick

I have not shot mine since it has come back but I do notice the reset is a little further forward than it was when dryfiring. As far as feel, I don't notice a difference.

• 5 months later...
Guest Hi Point

Wow im glad I stumbled across this. I am looking for a ruger lcp so if I am not buying new I will definitely check the serial #

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shooter5X5

Ruger did a great job providing outstanding customer service to those who bought a "pre-recall" model. They even gave everyone a 2nd magazine who had to send it in to be fixed. Myself, I bought a "post recall" model and love it...it's just a bit small for my hands so I'm gonna sell it or trade it.