benelli SBE 2 vs Franchi Infinity?

CM1021

Ive gotten into duck hunting this year and now I'm looking to pick up a do it all gun that I can hunt turkey, ducks, doves, and shoot skeet with. I have narrowed it down to these two guns. I know they're both under benelli's name but there are some differences. Both guns point well for me, the only difference that is sticking out to me is the recoil spring in the buttstock in the sbe vs the forearm in the infinity. As of right now they are both the same price unless I can get a discount on the infinity which I will find out about Tuesday. So what's everyone's suggestion? Edited by CM1021
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never shot the SBE, but I own an affinity. It eats everything I put in it and I love it. It has the same type of recoil ejection system and I think it is considerably more economical than the SBE. I am sure there are some fit and finish things that separate the SBE from the affinity, but I am more than happy with it and would buy another one.

Would also like to point out that I have graced you with my 100th post. Edited by Odessa7979

I have never shot the SBE, but I own an affinity. It eats everything I put in it and I love it. It has the same type of recoil ejection system and I think it is considerably more economical than the SBE. I am sure there are some fit and finish things that separate the SBE from the affinity, but I am more than happy with it and would buy another one.
Would also like to point I have graced you with my 100th post.

well thanks for the 100th post! :D as far as fit and finish I don't really see that much of a difference in handling the two guns. Right now I'm looking at 3 1/2" guns for goose loads otherwise I would get the affinity. Right now both guns are within $100 of each other so I'm leaning towards the sbe. Like I said he only thing keeping me from it is where he recoil spring is located. If I can get the intensity for the discount I can on he sbe I'm going with the intensity
I owned a SBE II and it was truly an awesome shotgun. I shot 3 1/2" shells like they were low brass target loads.

But as for a comparison I've always wondered what the true differences were between the two. If you can afford the Beneili I'd say do it. I lost a mag spring retainer once as it shot to infinity and beyond while I was reassembling. I sent Beneli and email and the sent me a new one, no questions, no charge.

If they are within $100 of each other, go get the SBE.  To me, its like buying a used car thats $500 less than a new one.  I love my Benelli, and I just couldn't justify buying the Franchi at $100 less.  Now don't get me wrong, Im not saying Franchi's are bad guns, for their sometimes $600 price, you can't beat them for a duck gun that gets thrown around in the boat, but for $100 - no questions, buy the Benelli.  

I had one of the original SBE and shot it until it wore out...and was happy to replace it with another close to the same vintage at auction. From snipe to turkey not to mention clays there is not a more reliable and good handling, versable shotgun. I say that to point out that shortly after its import to the US, Benelli made some changes that affected several of those characteristics. When the SBE II came on board it recaptured the feel and reliability. I seldom use 3 1/2 " shells but nice to have the option. Go with the SBE, you won't have any regrets. Edited by chances R

Well looks like you guys have made up my mind!! I'll probably be ordering the benelli. Like I said if I can get the Franchi for the discount I am getting on the SBE then I'll get it but right now the SBE is what I will buy.

Edited by CM1021