Cougar

Mark@Sea

Well, I've heard there are no mountain lions in East Tennessee, but my wife has e-mailed of something making a sound 'like a woman screaming' very close to the house, the last two nights running. The dogs are going nuts, too...

Since fish & game say 'no such animal', any alternate suggestions? Chipmunk with an attitude, perhaps?

As it is just her with a very old dog and a puppy, I told her to take a pistol and a shotgun with her when she goes outside.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobcat? They scream.

Yes. A bobcats "scream" is a little higher pitched than a cougar but is very similar. It is usually compared to a babies scream instead of an adults.

As much as cougars move around, it wouldn't surprise me if it was one.

By the time this bobcat saw me, he didn't have time to scream. :eek:

DSCF0108.jpg

Guest Verbal Kint
Cool! What'd you shoot that one with?

A gun, stupid. :eek:

:D

EDIT: Now watch him pull out a William Tell story and say he shot it with an arrow. :love:

Edited by Verbal Kint
Guest Verbal Kint
Awww, man, I thought this topic was going to be about hot older women.

:eek:

No... that requires the paid membership to the Ready Room. Todd@CIS posts all his date photos in there.

A gun, stupid. :eek:

:D

EDIT: Now watch him pull out a William Tell story and say he shot it with an arrow. :love:

Naw, I jumped out of a tree and showed him a picture of Chuck Norris and he died of fright. :(

I was deer hunting at the time so I shot him with a .30-06 Little bit of overkill but that is all I had with me.:D

An old timer who was a regular at a liquor store I worked P/T at a few years ago told me a story of him shooting a panther the night before. I would not be suprised if Cougars/Panthers or whatever were still around. Lots of open land yet in the mountains.

Good advice for Sue to keep a shotgun handy. Worst I saw at your place was a skunk. But Daniel stayed in his tent so there was no problem. :D

Well, I've heard there are no mountain lions in East Tennessee, but my wife has e-mailed of something making a sound 'like a woman screaming' very close to the house, the last two nights running. The dogs are going nuts, too...

Since fish & game say 'no such animal', any alternate suggestions? Chipmunk with an attitude, perhaps?

As it is just her with a very old dog and a puppy, I told her to take a pistol and a shotgun with her when she goes outside.

Would you accept the TWRA being full of *****?

Guest bkelm18

We have a couple Bobcats on exhibit where I work, and yes, they do scream like a woman or child. Scared the sh*t out of my the first time I heard it. :P