Liam Neeson: Number of guns in U.S. 'a disgrace'; guns in 'Taken 3' okay

Action star Liam Neeson thinks its okay to have lots of guns in his movies, but not okay for U.S. citizens to have lots of guns.

While promoting "Taken 3" in Dubai, Neeson told Gulf News “there’s too many [expletive] guns out there. Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace.”

Neeson, however, does a 180 when it comes to his attitude toward make believe guns, especially those in his popular “Taken” franchise.

“A character like Bryan Mills going out with guns and taking revenge: it’s fantasy. It’s in the movies, you know?” he explained. “I think it can give people a great release from stresses in life and all the rest of it, you know what I mean? It doesn’t mean they’re all going to go out and go, ‘Yeah, let’s get a gun!”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/14/liam-neeson-number-guns-in-us-disgrace/?intcmp=obmod_ffo&intcmp=obnetwork

The way I look at it is an actor telling me what I should do with my guns is like a stripper trying to give me advice on life decisions

You said stripper....I forgot all about the actor who said something dumb.... :rofl:

Ohhhh the days when I was young and thought that was the coolest thing to do. 

It is just amazing to me that these highly paid children playing make believe games think the fact that they are "stars" give them to right to stand and decry the very things that they push in the movies.

They can make millions acting, then have highly paid personal armed security. But it's not for the likes of you and me.

Yes, I know...protected free speech. But there is a point at which idiocy becomes so blatantly visible it is unbelievable.

• Like 5

In his slight defense he is British, and most of them don't understand gun rights, since they gave theirs up a long time ago.

On the other hand, I don't care what an actor says, they aren't paid to give me their opinions, they are paid to make me believe for two hours or less that they ARE that character on my screen. Liam Neeson can do that, and regardless of his ignorant opinion, I suppose he still will.

I was just wondering the other day what his opinion was on guns since a lot of Hollywood people have been making their feelings know recently. I guess I have my answer without having to research it. I have enjoyed his movies to this point but now I will enjoy them less knowing his true feelings about us having guns...................jmho 

I was just wondering the other day what his opinion was on guns since a lot of Hollywood people have been making their feelings know recently. I guess I have my answer without having to research it. I have enjoyed his movies to this point but now I will enjoy them less knowing his true feelings about us having guns...................jmho

Same here.
Spoils the entertainment when their hypocrisy and opinion comes to light.
Same goes for music.

Dubai? Really? Americans who own guns are a disgrace yet the corruption and human rights violations (slavery for one) in Dubai, that's OK?  I goes like this: There is a construction boom in Dubai. They get poor Asians to come over with the promise of high wages. When they get their they find out they are basically working for enough food to keep working. When they try to leave, their passports are held by the construction company so they are forced to work until the job is finished.......slaves.

I'll keep my gun and will be a slave to no one. I will never give Liam Neeson another dime of my money.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 1

I sincerely do hope one thing he said in the interview is true. He said there are 320 million people in America and 300 million of them own guns. I sincerely hope that 300 million number is correct because that tells the entire world we can and will defend our country and are armed enough to do so. We are not an England or a France. We are America and we do have guns. We will not go quietly into the night helpless and defenseless but will fight like HELL to protect our families and country.................jmho 

• Like 2

First he is Irish not British. Second he is a moron. American gun owners are among the target audience for his movie. This particular gun owner will not go see his movie. I hope other gun owners do the same.

First, he's neither Irish nor British. He's a naturalized U.S. citizen who was Irish.

You're right about point number 2.

I sincerely do hope one thing he said in the interview is true. He said there are 320 million people in America and 300 million of them own guns. I sincerely hope that 300 million number is correct because that tells the entire world we can and will defend our country and are armed enough to do so. We are not an England or a France. We are America and we do have guns. We will not go quietly into the night helpless and defenseless but will fight like HELL to protect our families and country.................jmho 

He said there are 320m people and 300m guns, not 300m people who own guns.