Iraqveteran8888 kills an AR

KorbenDallas

See what happens when you shoot steel-cased ammo.

Yep it's not even the steel case though since the extractor was fine. It's the bi metal jacket on the bullet.

Lucky gunner has done a similar test except on a semi auto and the bimetal jacket on the steel cases ammo shot out the barrel itself, without the heat factor.

I was kinda surprised the barrel went before the gas tube...

It probably would have been the gas tube if he used a milspec barrel and milspec ammo. Steel jacketed bullets and a stainless barrel changed that equation. It was still entertaining.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3

Yep it's not even the steel case though since the extractor was fine. It's the bi metal jacket on the bullet.

Lucky gunner has done a similar test except on a semi auto and the bimetal jacket on the steel cases ammo shot out the barrel itself, without the heat factor.

But it was 10,000 rounds in very short period of time. ;)

I have shot M60's to a point where the rifling was gone. I was at the range once in August burning ammunition and we were pouring oil on the barrels to keep them cool. Eventually all the M60's we had broke and we buried about 70K rounds in the New Mexico sand.

You get grid coordinates of the burial site :devil:  

I have fired more rounds than that through my M16 with no failure, at least nothing as seen on the vid.  I had the whole gas tube glowing red and a few cooked off, but we were on semi with a split second between shots due to the range rules.  But we did have range control watch us due to the rate of fire.  As for the pig, yea we shot the heck out of them but barrel changes kept us from smoking the barrels.

I'm going to add his vocabulary to mine:

wife: Stan! Dinner is ready

me: It's gettin hot!

Boss: We need to talk about your work performance

Police: You in the tac vest, put the weapon down, place your hands behind your head and turn around slowly!!

• Like 2

I'm going to add his vocabulary to mine:

wife: Stan! Dinner is ready

Boss: We need to talk about your work performance

Police: You in the tac vest, put the weapon down, place your hands behind your head and turn around slowly!!

:rofl:

It's really warming up!

If his mag changes were as fast as his mouth, it would have failed sooner.

Not necessarily.  The breaks that he took actually could have killed it sooner than if he were running it faster.  Its heat soak or something like that.  Basically, it gets hotter several seconds after you stop shooting than when you are shooting.  I could be wrong though.  I'm no sciencatician. 

Edited by Capbyrd