NRA 2015 Annual Meetings and Exhibits, Nashville TN

TGO David

2015 NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending, or might you?

• Yes -- I am definitely attending
    • Maybe -- I am interested but it depends on certain things

I registered for the NRA about the first of March too. I called them last week and was able to get my member number and pre-registered for the convention with it. As far as parking goes, there's plenty of parking downtown, you just may have to pay 5 or 10 bucks more than what seems fair and/or walk a few blocks. Worst case, I'm sure you could park at LP Field on the east side of the river and take a 5 buck über or cab ride across the river to the convention center. Overall, the difference between "cheap" and "expensive" parking is ten bucks or less.
[/q
Y'all beat me to the punch. I preregistered I February and haven't heard anything either.

Edited by Ray Z

I have not. Should be getting them anytime now based on what has been said. Anyone know if David has gotten anywhere with a TGO specific meeting?

I haven't gotten mine either. Really getting antsy about them. Probably not a real big deal, but sure don't want to stand in a registration line if I can help it though.

if you park at the stadium there will be shuttles going over to the MCC, I will be volunteering on Friday and Saturday, if you volunteer they will cover your parking up to 10.00 per day. When I looked at the venue info it did look like a few vendors would be selling but at that time it was not alot of them.

I also got two lanyards in the mail. I assume the folded up flyer that says "The 144th NRA Annual Meetings Exhibits" is the badge.  It fits nicely in the front of the badge holder and they sent two.

I also got two lanyards in the mail. I assume the folded up flyer that says "The 144th NRA Annual Meetings Exhibits" is the badge.  It fits nicely in the front of the badge holder and they sent two.

I would have thought our names would have been on it.  If you got yours, I got mine!!!

I received a package today with two lanyards, but no badges.  :shrug:

I would have thought our names would have been on it.  If you got yours, I got mine!!!

Yep! SSDD

I got mine in the mail today as well. It is a little deceiving and you have to look close. At first I thought they forgot the ticket because I saw the two lanyards and the "coupon" book, but no ticket. After closely looking, one of what I called "coupons" says, "This badge is good for admittance to the exhibit hall all three days of the show..."

Hadn't planned on attending this one anyway due to distance and a previously scheduled trap event that weekend, but after the recent performances of both our Nashville-based legislature and the NRA's inept "support" of legislative initiatives this session, I'll be damned if I offer one thin dime in support of either Nashville or the NRA.  Call me a curmudgeon...

My wife and I will be there Friday and maybe Saturday...spending the night a couple blocks away. Looking at the NRA site last night, I believe they make the statement that you are welcome to legally carry at the convention but not next door at Bridgestone Arena. Somebody double check me on that... B

Here is what is on their website...
During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws. Edited by Bassoneer

That's correct.

Bridgestone is not posted with gunbusters or the langauage spelled out in the TCA. It's just the arena's policy. They enforce it depending on the event. They pretty much wand everyone for Predators games, and IIRC wanded for the Monster Jam monster trucks. I've been for concerts here they did not wand and for concerts where they did. I think in those cases it may be up to the event promoter to decide if they want to pay for the extra "security" personnel or not.

The Music City Center is likelwise not posted but has a no weapons policy which they're suspending for the duration of the NRA convention.

Edited by monkeylizard

As Music City Center explained it to me, when they rent the entire facility to an organization (such as the NRA), the policy of carry/no carry is determined by the organization that is renting. With the Bridgestone arena as I understand it, the NRA is NOT renting the arena, but a third party promoter is in charge. I approached both MCC and NRA and got them both to connect the dots to permit legal carry at the convention site. But I doubt anyone tried this for the concert at Bridgestone.

I too found the lanyard/admission ticket confusing. I guess they saved significant costs by not printing passes with our names on them. The "ticket" was probably printed free to the NRA by one or all of the sponsoring (advertising) organizations on the fold up ticket.

Edited by spclopr8tr