NRA 2015 Annual Meetings and Exhibits, Nashville TN

TGO David

2015 NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending, or might you?

• Yes -- I am definitely attending
    • Maybe -- I am interested but it depends on certain things

It will save a lot of walking.

Ha. I go to several Industry shows for work and they generally have apps like this. I mainly end up using them for seeing who's at the show rather than planning a route. For the most part I end up walking by every booth anyway. Walking is good for your health. :)

Edited by Trekbike
  • Like 3
Guest tangojuliet

ok got a question i put in for my nra membership  about a month ago and i still havent gotten my card will i be forced to rejoin them down there at the show ??

Call their 800 number and give them your info. They have probably already assigned you a Member ID number, just haven't mailed you the card. The ID# is what you'll need at the show to register.

Yeah, that should be all that's necessary. And I do have my Life Membership Card.

Of course the way things have gone around here lately, it'll probably be called a forgery when I get there.  :rant:

And good Lord there were a lot of people, had to have been 15-20k people there while we walked around.

Some really good displays set up, but my favorite thing of all was the .45 air rifle that came in around 500ft/lbs of energy with a 350 grain bullet. That's just insane

Yeah there was some good stuff going on, one thing I learned is that Rock Island has been getting parts from all kinds of other manufacturers, shipping them to be assembled in the Philippines and then shipping them to South America in small quantities so they can be imported to the US legally.  Had EAA copycats, Glock copycats and and kinds of stuff.

Edited by Sam1
  • Administrator

It was a good time. I've been up since 2am because of work or may have stayed for some of the concert. But figured come home eat/sleep and head back tomorrow.

Sorry that work sucked so bad this week.  We've got to get a handle on that somehow.  I've been doing a lot of thinking during my "sick time".

I slept a ton yesterday and slept most of the day away today.  My body finally overrode my brain and shut everything down.  Hopefully I'm back in good enough shape tomorrow to peruse the show.

Looks like I'm off work and will be there Saturday with my dad and wife.  :usa:

If this ever happens again, I hope we can get some way to identify TGO members, like T-Shirts, hats, etc., before the show so we can all meet and shake hands. :up:

David, say you have a booth? TGO swag on sale?  :love:

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1
Aside from the friends (netmindr and NoBanStan) I went there with, I didn't see one single TGO person that I recognized. We need a better way to represent!

They really did a great job putting this together. The maps were right, the layout was brilliant, the venue was big enough for all 15-20K people to enjoy themselves without feeling overly crowded, and the people working were nice, friendly, and helpful.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow, even though I'm sore and tired from all the walking/standing. Note to self: desk jobs make you soft.
  • Like 3

No booth.  No swag.  Definitely no freebies.  I wish we were baller enough for that.  Maybe in 2016.  :lol:

There's some mega-giant forums out there on the Net and they didn't have booths either. Maybe that's too much to ask.
I was there with w0lfattack from 1-6pm. I was rockin' a TGO polo. Though I at least 6 other folks that were there at the same time, we never bumed into anyone. It was just that busy! Lots of good stuff. I got some CMC drop in 3.5lb triggers for $130ea! Can't wait to drop them in the M&P10 and an ar15.

I shared a concern about a holster for my Shield with the folks at Safariland. They had the same holster and a dummy Shield on hand, and saw exactly what I was talking about. The boss or whoever grabbed a better model off the wall, saw that it fit properly, and handed it to me. I told him I didn't have the old one with me to give him. He told me not to worry about it, and apologized for the bad product. He said he just wanted me to be happy. Well.... success!!

lots of free swag... make sure to get your free gun cleaning mat from the Hogue booth.

I bought some anodized ar mags from the C-products guys; a blue one for me and a pink one for wifey. They're flimsy as all c-products mags are, but they look cool!

I found the rails I want for my 10 and 15. UTG has some really nice stuff now. Can't really believe I'm saying that. Their super slim keymod will go on the 15, and I don't remember the name of the one I want for the 10, but I'll get it.

If you're on the fence about going to the show, GO! Short of Tulsa, you'll never be around this much gun stuff again!
  • Like 4