TGO David

2015 NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending, or might you?

• Yes -- I am definitely attending
    • Maybe -- I am interested but it depends on certain things

So they are selling gun parts there?

Any knives there?

Yes, but I saw mostly rails, but I wasn't really looking for parts, so I could easily be wrong on that.

Several knife dealers. Benchmade, CRKT, SMKW, Case, and a couple others I can't remember.  

• Like 1

I found the rails I want for my 10 and 15. UTG has some really nice stuff now. Can't really believe I'm saying that. Their super slim keymod will go on the 15, and I don't remember the name of the one I want for the 10, but I'll get it.

I'm with you 100% on UTG!

I put a drop-in super slim handguard on my M&P Sport and loved it so much that I put the 15" free float on my last AR build. It was also awesome, so I didn't hesitate to pick the 13" rail for my AR pistol (10.5" w/ 3.25" linear comp). It looks fantastic and I love how light and yet strong it is.

I got their 11mm to picatinny adapter for my sister's .22 rifle, because it has 3 tightening screws to keep her scope from moving. It worked so good that I put one of their QD one-pc scope mounts on my &P 15-22 to hold my 3-9X30 scope. I know it's just a rimfire, but that thing is rock-solid.

The guy at their booth said their new rails will be available soon. THey have picatinny at the front and rear of the handguard and a smaller ridged section between without picatinny. It looks even sleeker and will probably be even lighter.

I was there from about 8:30-3:00. Did not stop the whole time. Felt like I got lots of good swag. Take an old cap as Benelli is having a trade your cap deal. Trade in your old cap and get a new Benelli one. Lots of people were getting caps from other booths and trading them in. You throw the old one in a big glass bin. Good marketing on their part, but it seemed wasteful to me. Lots of cool t-shirts to be had for 10-15-20 dollars. Most were the 10-15. I quit getting pens and junk stuff. Pelican has some floating key chains. Tons of bags and brochures. I didn't get much paper as it is heavy and I can find online whatever I need. Some decent deals are out there. Lots of gear and pack companies at pretty killer prices. Picked up a Nightforce scope for my 300 blackout...it was not free. I have plans tomorrow, but I plan on being back most of Sunday. Some pretty good knife deals there as well. Bought an neat concealed holster for a under the steering wheel. Take comfortable clothes, good shoes, and a good dose of patience. Lots of wheeled vehicles, strollers and karts, but most everyone was very courteous and polite, much to the dismay of the radical left who think we are all rude and disrespectful. Best part of the weekend is that I won 5 guns at the raffle Thursday night. Two Mossberg Duck Commander shotguns, a Steoger coach gun, and two Uberti Cattleman revolvers. Pretty good night:)
Here is my swag shot, excluding guns as they have to ship to my FFL.
5298ab1634886b744b224dd5a115339b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gr8smiles
  • Like 2

I have to wait on my wife to get out of a baby shower so I'll get to swing by the range and sight in a rifle before heading to the show. Shooting and going to the show in the same day. Can't beat that! I'll probably go back tomorrow too after church. I contemplated going to the prayer breakfast but $40 is too rich for my blood.

• Like 2
Been here for 5 hours. Grabbed several more bullet samples - Sierra, Berger, Berry's, and Freedom/Xtreme.

I spent some more time at the Vortex booth - decided I am going to get the PST 4-16x50 for my 6.8.

Picked up a Vickers sling in Kryptek Typhon for the 6.8. They are selling for $30 at the show.

Wife finally said she is tired of walking so we are heading out.
My wife just got a call.....she entered the Remington ladies only giveaway today and won.

She has to be at the Nashville Armory tomorrow to meet several female shooters, and won a new RM380.

That will probably be a few hours so I am going to the NRA convention again I guess.
  • Like 7
Wife and I just got home from day 2. We got there at 8 both yesterday and today and stayed all day yesterday and most of today. This was our first nra convention but definitely won't be our last! We had a great time! We both thought it was very well organized. We wound up paying the 20 and parking at the mcc and I'm glad we did. It was worth the extra $ to be able to go back and unload our swag and show pickups.

I enjoyed handling all the NFA toys but the highlight for me was when my wife put a set of hearing/shooting aids in her ears and was able to hear clearly for the first time in many years.

The most unexpected part of the show was how may people didn't win a Daniel Defense rifle simply because they didn't show up for the drawing!

Already thinking of making plans for next years convention in Louisville. Edited by hlb14

My wife just got a call.....she entered the Remington ladies only giveaway today and won.

She has to be at the Nashville Armory tomorrow to meet several female shooters, and won a new RM380.

That will probably be a few hours so I am going to the NRA convention again I guess.

Awesome! 

• Like 1

I went by Benchmade and they were doing free engraving, so I had them put my name on my 9170 Auto Triage! :up:

That would normally be $5-$25 custom work plus shipping. http://www.benchmade.com/lasermark/

Met and spoke to the Military Arms Channel guy... He was a very nice. 

ArmaLite had a sick little AR15 pistol with folding buffer tube and Sig brace. Very light and short barrel. I must buy this ASAP! Think this is it: http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=M15P6&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=0fce5122-50e5-4e4e-97d6-67f60621cd8f

Just way too much stuff there I want! :yum:

Edited by JohnC
I loved being able to hold so many different guns without any sales pressure. I now want a revolver of some kind; it was real hard for me to feel much difference between similar sizes. My wife managed to make the cylinder fall out of a Taurus revolver.

Also, I had never held a Beretta M9 before today; how does anyone get used to that safety? The Taurus clone seemed much more logical.

I stopped by the Taurus booth and bought a Taurus G2 Millenium PT111 for $199. The LCP, PT22, and 709 were all $199. My buddy bought a PT92SS for less than $400... $380, I think.  They won't be shipped until June, but still... it's worth the wait. 

On Friday I stopped to eat and got to thinking it is in the Mid of the Way and one of the sponsors doesen't even have booth. Also La Rue Tactical wasn't there.

I noticed that about Larue as well. Was hoping to pick up some rings.

"Welcome to Tennessee...the patron State of shooting stuff"

I stopped by the Taurus booth and bought a Taurus G2 Millenium PT111 for $199. The LCP, PT22, and 709 were all $199. My buddy bought a PT92SS for less than $400... $380, I think.  They won't be shipped until June, but still... it's worth the wait.

You can actually buy guns at the convention? I'm assuming you have to transfer through a FFL at a later date? And are all the manufacturers doing this?