Single action revolvers for carry purposes?

I don't grok that, as this is the only kind of loading gate I know of, how is the "two at a time" applicable?

- OS

some of the smaller caliber SAs with a gate can be turned to expose 2 at a time.  But not on the bigger stuff, would have to be 22, or something else pretty small.  You see it particularly on the highcap .22s (9 and 10 round cylinder stuff). 

I don't know if the trigger bow would even support that. It's real feeble. If I list the pain-in-the-butt features of a single action, the action itself is down the list. I see what you're thinking, something that could be effective with a cool look.

Yes, Something I could wear with my cowboy hat and boots; but still bad azz. biggrin.gif

Yes, Something I could wear with my cowboy hat and boots; but still bad azz. biggrin.gif

Just get a new Vaquero for show, and slip one of those American made Glock wannabes in your back pocket. One thing good about single actions... they hit hard with those long barrels.

• Like 1

Just get a new Vaquero for show, and slip one of those American made Glock wannabes in your back pocket. One thing good about single actions... they hit hard with those long barrels.

Muscle memory. I like the looks of the Vaquero, but I don’t want my thumb moving to the top of my handgun if I have to use it in real life.

American made Glock wannabes

smilielol5.gif I don't own anything that wants to be a Glock. Edited by DaveTN

Whut??? You mean a DA gun that just looks like one?

I think High Standard tried that somewhere around the '70s.

Lemme do a search.

Edit:  Here's a link to a pic.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=high+standard+revolver&qpvt=high+standard+revolver&qpvt=high+standard+revolver&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=9D0E00B2C775AEBD5B7B82DEDDB1F5D5A9A54664&selectedIndex=1

I bet the trigger pull is atrocious.

Edited by Clod Stomper
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike.... A helluva idea... The ultimate "mexican reload".... If i remember right; the great George Patton carried an engraved 45 colt SAA on his belt and a 1903 Colt Hammerless in his coat pocket... Ya just upgraded his hammerless...!!  Great idea...

Keep up the good work...

leroy

Mike.... A helluva idea... The ultimate "mexican reload".... If i remember right; the great George Patton carried an engraved 45 colt SAA on his belt and a 1903 Colt Hammerless in his coat pocket... Ya just upgraded his hammerless...!! Great idea...

Keep up the good work...
leroy

I'm not so sure Id say a Glock is an upgrade to a colt hammerless.

I always heard that Patton had a Colt SAA and a S&W 27 3 1/2". He called the S&W his killing gun.
  • Like 1

I'm not so sure Id say a Glock is an upgrade to a colt hammerless.

I always heard that Patton had a Colt SAA and a S&W 27 3 1/2". He called the S&W his killing gun.

This is correct as far as I know. The S&W was a Registered Magnum.
D3466F3D-9DC9-4DCD-9EFB-1A0DAF1C89D1-252
B7A6C514-9A4E-4F7D-A57D-6F89896F94ED-252 Edited by Patton
  • Like 2
Night.... " General George", indeed, said those things.... " lieutenant George" shot 3 Villa lieutenants dead with a colt 45 Colt Single Action Army as they were ridin down on him on horseback (... He was afoot...)... He evidently shot em dead with three shots and piled them on the fenders of a Dodge touring car and brought them back to camp... He was in his early to mid twenties then (...1916...), and wuz serving with General Pershing in the Punitive Expedition down on the US Mexican border.... The 357 came out in 1935, some 19 years later....
leroy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank Hamer. the former Texas Ranger who was eventually put in charge of the manhunt for Bonnie and Clyde and the rest of the Barrow gang (and who was eventually successful in leading a team that brought their crime spree to an end) carried a single action revolver.  Of course, he also apparently carried a .38 Super semiauto pistol as 'backup'.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...