American made AK-47s?

xsubsailor

Been trying to find out something on these. Not that I can do anything about it right now, but I'd like to find out what the price point is going to be.

I wouldn't get too excited.  Last year at Shot Show they introduced their new 1911.....people are still waiting.

• 2 months later...
Guest Phizzle99GST

read and seen quite a few videos of folks that had mostly good things to say about the C39v1 so I picked one up. 100% American made from Century with a milled receiver. They recently came out with a v2(version 2) that's supposed to be improved. Not sure how much it will run but locally the v1 is going for 750-800. I wonder if the price will be driven up as they grow in popularity.

I may hold off firing my v1 for a couple months incase I can trade it for a S&W 629 before summer, something ive been eyeballing for a while now, the c39v1 just happened to become available 1st for roughly the same cost.

There will be a 9mm AK coming to market this year. I cannot wait as I would like it over an MP5.

It will be a nice one but I'm afraid it will be too rich for my blood.  The Colt stick mags and a few other differences kinda kills the aesthetics for me too.  I'm sure it will run like a top though being a Definitive Arms product.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Huntiers

American-made AK-47

Kalashnikov welcomes the initiative of US-based RWC to launch production of the famous Russian brand in America, because economic sanctions have completely closed the US market for high-demand Russian-made weapons.

Over the years rifles and shotguns based on the reliable Kalashnikov design, became a hit among gun enthusiasts in the US, the world’s largest consumer of civilian arms.

Most of the civilian guns sold by the Kalashnikov Group abroad have been sold in America, with Kalashnikov’s Saiga semiautomatic shotguns gaining popularity with American law enforcement.

I have a Romanian SAR-1 7.62mm, a Polish Tantal 5.45mm, and a Bulgarian SBR / Class 3 "Krinkov" 5.45mm.

They all are flawless, reliability-wise (oddly, my 8" Krink is the most accurate AK that I've ever shot).

I figure the Eastern Bloc / Commies got it down pat.  In the past, with a few exceptions certainly, Americans often find a way to screw up an AK.

However, I would be VERY interested in an SBRed 9mm AK...

Edited by TN-popo