TGO YouTube Channel - What would you like to see?

All great ideas. To add to the reloading video, reloading basics and reloading equipment. Both of these for beginners. Those types of videos, along with other how to videos, coming from people on here that I respect would be a big help. I watch a lot of how to videos and you don't know how credible the person is. Edited by Odessa7979

Someone mentioned the plethora of video content already out there for some of the subjects I mentioned.  While that is true, I believe there's a certain comfort level or "bona fides" that come along with material being presented by people you interact with on a regular basis.

I would also aim to keep the content realistic and practical, which means if we end up with training videos of some sort, the focus will be on informative and education content rather than the "edutainment" that I see in a lot of videos.  If you're entertained by it, that would be a happy by-product.  You won't find backflip, hatchet-throwing, Spetsnaz, black-ops type stuff.

Also, there is something to be said for having a one-stop-shop channel for the large potential product reviews that our user base could provide.  Even the large channels that are being fed products by the large distributors or importers can't cover everything or a large enough product base.  Definitely think there should be a standardized format ironed out/communicated to the users and all videos reviewed for quality and content before being uploaded to the channel.  

Guys, I am 100% in support of the idea of a TGO youtube channel.  However, what I am going to say may be met with some strong feelings.  Like others have said above, I personally feel that the channel should avoid the how to videos such as "How to Build an AR" or "How to Disassemble a Glock 17".  These subjects have been hammered into the ground in youtube.  I think that the channel would be better served as an outlet to TN specific firearms issues/events.  Now I am not saying don't post reviews of anything, but personally I would suggest spending the time and energy to "Review a Glock 17" and the like.  Oh well, that was just my  :2cents:.  Take it for what it's worth.  

Edited by wk05

I think any TGO YouTube channel, should be Tennessee centric.  With local gun shop reviews (maybe even our vendors will let a TGO'er film a review in shop), range walks showing off the features of local ranges, local 3-gun competitions, ect...someone who is searching for what Tennessee has to offer gun wise has a great resource. 

Other things can be put on there, but adding things that are already on YouTube in abundance doesn't offer anything unique from our online community here.

• Like 2

If you relegate the channel to ONLY doing local stuff you will have a channel with very little content that is only watched by the likes of us.  If you have a channel with a ton of content that appeals to the masses then the sky is the limit.  Especially when you start diving into the different generations/versions of certain firearms and mods that can be done to them.  The amount of knowledge, experience, and personally owned/used products in our user base is staggering.  Most successful channels have only newer firearms/gear being pushed to them by a handful of sponsors.  I feel like our channel has the opportunity to really go much further beyond that since we aren't beholden to any sort of contract with a vendor, etc and have a much more wide pool of resources at our disposal.

It seems like it would be a lot simpler for people to upload their own videos then post them here in their respective section. Otherwise seems like there would be a lot of bandwidth being used moving videos around. Then the other problem is who ever shot the video owns that video and if WE, as in TGO, has control of it that can get a little sticky if THEY decide they no longer want it up.

BTW, I am going to start doing some videos. I think my first video will be a home grown tritium install on a pistol for under $20. I already have the tritium ordered, just waiting on them to come in.

• Like 3

BHA just put hot chicks in string bikinis shooting big guns INSTANT SUCCESS  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: (snicker snicker) ok seriously I personally love the gun v/s gun videos like compare the CZ75 to it's clone Canik c100, just threw that one out because I own a Canik c100 myself lol but I do like to see if the lower priced clone versions come close to the higher priced originals in form and function.

• Like 1

BHA just put hot chicks in string bikinis shooting big guns INSTANT SUCCESS :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (snicker snicker) ok seriously I personally love the gun v/s gun videos like compare the CZ75 to it's clone Canik c100, just threw that one out because I own a Canik c100 myself lol but I do like to see if the lower priced clone versions come close to the higher priced originals in form and function.

You were on to something there for a second...

I think any TGO YouTube channel, should be Tennessee centric.  [b]With local gun shop reviews[/b] (maybe even our vendors will let a TGO'er film a review in shop), range walks showing off the features of local ranges, local 3-gun competitions, ect...someone who is searching for what Tennessee has to offer gun wise has a great resource. 

Other things can be put on there, but adding things that are already on YouTube in abundance doesn't offer anything unique from our online community here.

Video alerts on where to find .22LR.  :)

Where to find or who has a good deal on a firearm or ammo etc, what the price "should be" on certain things so you will know if you're getting a good price on something.