Sabre Defence Lowers

3rd24thindian

I got a couple off of here a few years ago after Sabre shut down. I have seen none for sale online. Their strip lowers were usually matrix dot printed. Where the commercial rifles had the cat logo on them. Edited by R1100R
I have a lower made by Sabre Defense for a local gun shop. And honestly it is probably the loosest lower I own. It is SBRd and it will get turned in to the ATF when I die because it is not worth transferring.

They made a lot of things for others until they were shut down for some questionable business practices.
I handled several back when they were in production and was fairly impressed but for me it's as much the Nashville connection as it is anything. I am pretty well read on the downfall of Sabre and it is disappointing what they were caught doing but still regret never picking one up when they were still in business.
If you manage to also locate a Sabre upper you will likely be very pleased. Their barrels are particularly acclaimed for their accuracy and quality.

I wonder if the online outlets PKFirearms and Rainier might still have some in stock?

It is a real shame that their ownership managed to get the company grounded. Edited by Djay3

If you manage to also locate a Sabre upper you will likely be very pleased. Their barrels are particularly acclaimed for their accuracy and quality.

I wonder if the online outlets PKFirearms and Rainier might still have some in stock?

It is a real shame that their ownership managed to get the company grounded.

I feel the same way.  The upper I have access to is un-fired and has been sitting in a safe for several years.  I still find some Sabre parts for sale on Brownells but that's about the only luck I have found with dealers still having any Sabre stuff in stock.

Red X Arms apparently got ahold of a LOT of Saber uppers, both stripped and complete, about eight months ago. I managed to snag one and is currently sitting atop my second Mag Tactical lower. It shoots pretty darned good(1.2"-1.75" at approx 75-80 yards) and has been set up as something akin to a DMR or SPR. I too have been in search of a lower also, if your search at Franklin Gun Shop goes well, let us know as I too may snag one.

4e5442e9d819f5fc18cb8dc6e130dac1.jpg

Edited by whitewolf001

Red X Arms apparently got ahold of a LOT of Saber uppers, both stripped and complete, about eight months ago. I managed to snag one and is currently sitting atop my second Mag Tactical lower. It shoots pretty darned good(1.2"-1.75" at approx 75-80 yards) and has been set up as something akin to a DMR or SPR. I too have been in search of a lower also, if your search at Franklin Gun Shop goes well, let us know as I too may snag one.4e5442e9d819f5fc18cb8dc6e130dac1.jpg

Franklin Gun Shop has some Sabre lowers in stock with the "cat" rollmark but they want $250 a piece and they are stripped. For me $250 is way too much but I guess with such a limited supply on the open market they can ask whatever they want.

Franklin Gun Shop has some Sabre lowers in stock with the "cat" rollmark but they want $250 a piece and they are stripped. For me $250 is way too much but I guess with such a limited supply on the open market they can ask whatever they want.

Man, that's greedy. But I'm not surprise that they are inline with their other ridiculous pricing.
  • Like 2