Cary more then one gun?

Ok this is odd but I have to ask. How many of you carry 2 or more guns regularly? I work in a pawn shop so I seam to always be wearing my beretta 92 on my hip and I have a 25 shtf in my pocket. And I found out side of work I wear the same set up or so all the time. Just go from Outside the waistband to inside the waistband with the 92.
How many others do this as well or am in the freak on this page?
I've considered it, but just carrying an extra mag feels like a PITA to me, so I've not tried to carry two pistols yet.

As far as I've gone is 20rds in the 5.7x28 and a spare 30rd extended mag in my pocket.

Not saying I won't ever pack 2, though.
  • Like 1

I do now anyway, I use to just carry only my .357 but after reading a lot of posts here and other sites I added a 9mm to my everyday carry. I tried just switching to the 9mm 29 round v/s 6 but I just couldn't leave the revolver at home, so now I have both and after getting use to it I feel naked without both of them.

A second gun comes in awful handy if the first one is damaged if the BG's bullet hits it or your hand and you are injured and drop it. We see A LOT of wounds to the hands in FOF training.  But honestly the overwhelming majority of gun owners with an HCP don't regularly carry a gun............... much less carry TWO.

But you can have too much of a good thing. If you are festooned with pistols all over your person and end up in an entangled fight now you are having to not only keep from getting beaten, stabbed, shot, etc, but also trying to keep the other guy from using your own stuff against you. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 3

A second gun comes in awful handy if the first one is damaged if the BG's bullet hits it or your hand and you are injured and drop it. We see A LOT of wounds to the hands in FOF training.  But honestly the overwhelming majority of gun owners with an HCP don't regularly carry a gun............... much less carry TWO.

But you can have too much of a good thing. If you are festooned with pistols all over your person and end up in an entangled fight now you are having to not only keep from betting beaten, stabbed, shot, etc, but also trying to keep the other guy from using your own stuff against you. 

agreed.

To each his own.  For each of us, the number of firearms and type of carry can cross over from asset to liability depending on our own personal preparedness... SA, SA, SA.... so much better to put distance between yourself and a perceived threat.  If, on the other hand, you are jumped, retaining 3 firearms on your person ... while trying to create distance... (ala,.. avoiding being knocked unconscious, etc. ) ... is a tall order.

Edited by Peace

My pistol is to fight to a rifle if it lasts that long. And part of getting to my rifle is creating distance as well as moving. I often have the "rifle", by way of a Sig brace equipped AK pistol, nearby even while shopping. My wife often carries as well as knows enough about the AK to at least put rounds down range.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

I rarely, if ever, feel "under-gunned" as I find myself gravitating back to my CZ75 for EDC; I shoot it well, with one extra mag I've 32+1 and it doubles as an effective blunt object.

When attire requires a smaller profile, my MK9 conceals well and I can reload it way quicker than my revolvers, but I'm typically not going to stupid places, doing stupid stuff with stupid people.

I do find myself slipping my MK9 or SP into my weak-hand coat pocket in the colder months.

With all of my extra "cover" garments to keep warm (I carry AIWB), it's easier to access my BUG in the coat pocket.

From a strictly "tactical" perspective, it's not unusual to have your hands in your coat pockets...

Being a southpaw, I also keep a BUG in the center console of my car (try left hand draw from your driver's seat and you'll understand what I'm talking about)

Since this thread is about you and your wife thinking you're border-line paranoid. You work in a high cash-on-hand environment. You don't think a geeked out pill head would try to the get jump on you, since you may the source of their next fix? BG's are looking for targets and they may incorrectly read you as a potential victim. Desperate people do desperate things.

The founder of the Boy Scouts was asked, "be prepared for what?" His answer, "why any old thing" (sounds better with a aristocratic British accent)

I'd rather be prepared for any old thing.

• Like 1