Strategic Edge Range in Chapel Hill, TN - 1250 Yard Range - Join Now

shaftbass

I just joined.  This place is TOP NOTCH.

http://www.strategicedge.us/gun-range

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strategic-Edge-Inc-Gun-Range/169737329873102?ref=br_tf

First and foremost, they are VERY safety oriented, as you'd expect most ranges to be.  Still, they go above and beyond here without being Nazis about it.  Kind of a "use your damn head and common sense" approach, but with rules very explicitly laid out.

- 1250 yard range with 1500 and 1700 yards on the way.  Cameras at some of the longer distances and TV monitors under the shed

- State of the art timed/manual RANGE HOT/RANGE COLD system

- Golf carts for your use

- Use of chronographs, sandbags, shot clocks, spotting scopes, and other equipment that many shooters don't own but would like to use periodically available to use free of charge

- Large selection of targets available for purchase.  The range provides staplers for you to use.

- Three very nice pistol/short rifle pits that go back to 75 yards

- Plenty of shooting benches

- Large area for .22  LR

- Really nice clubhouse/classroom with a bathroom and running water (aka not Portajons)

- Automated Five Stand shotgun area ($10 per round of 25 clays)

- Steel at various distances on the rifle range

- Steel at the pistol pits (absolutely NO shooting of pistol steel with rifles, and no shooting steel with pistols closer than 10 yards)

- Common firing line extends throughout the range

- Very high berms between pits and very high backstops.  Each exceeds NRA standards for height (I'm surprised the bulldozers didn't flip over when they were being built)

- Two low-light training lanes

- Secure gate system - you get a unique code to both it and a another unique code to enter the clubhouse/office/classroom

- Drink machine on site as well as fridges inside.  Snacks/water/Kuerig coffee available for purchase.

- Ammo available for purchase

- Well-groomed parking lot

- Two archery ranges:  Static and 3D

I'm forgetting a few things, but I feel very fortunate to have this range an hour from my house.  I think you have to drive a few hundred miles to even get anywhere close to what Strategic Edge offers.

You can shoot anywhere on the range as soon as you sign up for membership and complete the safety orientation, except for the long-range rifle area.  In order to shoot past 500 yards, you must complete a 3.5 hour long-range rifle class that is free of charge.

Membership is $150 + $50 joining fee.  Those living more than 75 miles away are offered a $75 membership.  Membership renewal is done on July 1, and rates are pro-rated quarterly if you're joining

If you're looking for a place to shoot, you should join.  Even if you don't shoot often or even think you might be interested in long-distance shooting, I'd go ahead and sign up because membership will fill up, and then you'll be placed on a waiting list.  Those suck. 

I've been a member at Gallatin Gun Club since 2006, and I'll keep that membership as well because it's half the distance from my house.  I'm mainly after a place to stretch my .300 Win Mag model 700 5R out a bit, and that's why I joined.

Check the range out.  You will not be disappointed.

Edited by shaftbass
  • Like 3

I have thought about joining, would like to have a chance to shoot beyond the 200 yards MCGC offers. It is only 30 miles away from me, but still 3x further than where I shoot now. If I joined up at Strategic Edge, I would probably shoot a bit less often but spend more time shooting each visit.

Me and a neighbor said the other day we want to drive out and just take a look at the setup, I need to remind him about that and go visit the range.

wow! had no idea this place even existed and its less than 30 miles from my house. I'm going to check this place out soon. Thanks for posting!

Might want to do it asap. There is a membership limit. He raised it this past year, so can't recall how many member there can be max now, or how many spots are left open. 

• Like 1
i joined a couple of weeks ago. the available spots at that time was around 300 if i recall correctly.

as others have said, this is a VERY nice range. the long range rifle range goes out to 1250 (you have to attend a class and qualify). we were told there are plans in the works to add 1500 and 1750 distances.

if you live anywhere within a reasonable drive, you really should check out this range.
  • Like 1

I had no idea there was a place like this around here. I have been wanting to learn to shoot long range but I thought the only place was AEDC range(1000 yes) and it's not open to public.

Same here. I have put off building a long range rifle because I didn't know where I would shoot it.