Strategic Edge Range in Chapel Hill, TN - 1250 Yard Range - Join Now

shaftbass

Guest policy is:

- $15 per guest per visit (each guest max 2 visits per year)

- Guest  must sign a waiver

- Member cannot be shooting while guest is shooting and is responsible for the guest knowing and following range safety rules.

The range is open to members 24/7, but the general range shooting times are from dawn to dusk.  During winter months, the pistol range will be open untill 8:30PM.

I'm fine with that guest policy.  Guests can be dangerous.  Hence why I do not use public ranges anymore.

Edited by shaftbass

Since nobody mentioned it.

Aside from being able to shoot out to 1250, they have target cameras that are operational all the time (provided there is sun to charge them). Just tune them to the distance you are shooing.

Best part of shooting .308 at the 1250 target is. After you take shot, you have time to take off your muffs, watch the hit and wait for the sound to come back!   :)

They also allow .50 BMG. You must take a class for that as well but good to go after that. Friend of mine shooting some $10 dollar bills last time we were there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSL4MhkGRM&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Tempest455
  • Like 2
When i joined last weekend, we were allowed to shoot after we'd paid and went through the safety orientation that same day even though we had not been officially vetted and had our credentials yet. You just need to grab a guest pass. Edited by shaftbass

Welp, couldn't get there Wednesday, so I'm going for my membership meeting/orientation thingy Sunday.
Can anyone tell me; can I join & shoot the same day?

If you get the membership paperwork filled out and mailed to them with your dues in advance you can pick up your badge, do your safety orientation, and then shoot the same day. If you drive down and do paper work while you're there, you'll have to wait for your background check to go through.

Great place to shoot though. I almost made a trip down this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm planning on being there tomorrow with one of my daughters. I've been a member at the old Owl Hollow range for a few years now, but we are looking for a change from just shooting paper or clays off of the berm. I don't have anything that will reach out  beyond ~150 yds, so I'll mostly be interested in the 22 and short range stuff.

Owl Hollow will still fill a very nice nitch as a nice relaxing range with opportunities to shot at 100 yards and less distances.
Newer shooters might find it a somewhat less intimidating atmosphere.

Strategic Edge is an excellent facility with a somewhat different atmosphere and manner of operating. Its two rifle ranges lean strongly towards longer range shooting. It might appeal more to intermediate and above level shooters. Of course they have training for and encourage new shooters.

We're fortunate that mid state shooters have both style ranges at hand! Edited by Djay3
  • Like 1
There are pits that allow u to shoot rifle short distance.. The pit with steel targets is off limits to rifles. I'm a owl hollow member as well, good guys there as well,always willing to help out and make the experience enjoyable! Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1
Hozzie, when I went & did mine on Sunday, there were only 9 or 10 of us. The range itself wasn't crazy busy (maybe 6 total in the rifle houses & 5 in the pistol pits)
The meeting/orientation took about an hour.
Oh, and once you've been through the walk through, you can shoot there & then with a guest pass.
I received my gate codes & membership confirmation email on Monday lunchtime.
Now to get on the long-range intro.....

I haven't been since taking the long range class. But here are a few old pictures.

Tony at the 1,000 yard table before the new long ranges were built with my 50 BMG.

26a5705a65dc4b9ba66b7772279053ce.jpg

3b85b1a1daf68c50cea2cde09b6c37ad.jpg

4c416554037188d61722c5a66f06fd4c.jpg

Pistols laid out at pistol steel target range

680934d4f0499265e9485eb7ce28eaac.jpg

Sig 716 at the mid range

a52cbb277d15b7a6b99ad1539290c63c.jpg

7a4b8e7ff2de319f6e8297cebcd0da92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk