SB0207 / HB0240 No Background Check for HCP Holders

I hope it does pass, but it will be too easy to kill by sending it to the finance committee. 

Yup. TICS has brought in over $40million since it cranked up.

Also, whether the astute minds on the Hill realize it or not, the HCP process will have to be changed some, or the Feds won't allow it to substitute for a background check anyway. I don't believe that was even addressed the last time this was debated in committee 3 years ago.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Yeah it would be nice if our handgun carry permit became a TICS substitute but I'd rather have some of the other bills passed that improve carry VS this bill.

Why pick one over an other?  I say any bill which strengthens or supports the 2A should be submitted and passed.  Now, if you were talking about the finance committee deciding between bills I could see your point since $$ will be lost for the state and deciding how much and which bill would support the 2A more (bigger impact for the $$).  For our part (voters), we need to contact our reps and let them know where we stand on the issues and let them know our disappointment when a bill does not pass; specially at the voting booth.  If enough representatives get voted  out because of the lack of support for the 2A, then the word will get out to the next in line and they will act accordingly during their term.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.