cz 75

RC3

• Moderators

P-01 or PCR (both 75 based) are great for carry. I carried the P-01 for over a year as my first carry gun before I chickened out and went Glock-side on everyone.

I still miss that firearm. It was very, very nice. I still think that the CZ-75 is the best looking and nicest 9mm handgun on the market. That being said, I like Glocks for the following reasons:

• Ease of parts replacement
  • Parts availibility
  • Accessories/Holsters availibility
  • Cost
  • Weight
  • Magazine design/capacity/availibilty/cost
That being said, the CZ's are typically just as realiable (truthfully, my CZ P-01 never malfuncitoned, not once. I have had several different Glocks give me an issue here or there. I consider them equal in reliablity.

I used to always like the 92fs. I owned one and then decided to sell it and buy the P-01 for carry. It was great. Sold it for the Glock 19. That being said, I have never missed a firearm as much as the P-01.

I still get butterflies in my stomach when thinking about the CZ-75 stainless limited:

CZ75B-487.jpg

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/02/elijah-savage/gun-review-cz-75b-limited-edition/

Personally, I like the decocker models although you can carry the safety models with the hammer down. It's the part about letting the hammer down on a loaded chamber that made me appreciate and go with the decocker model.

Buy one. If you don't like it, I'll give you 75% of your cashback for it;) Edited by CZ9MM
Guest mechanically
I'm not sure you'll hear a lot of cons from the CZ community. Most of us tend to be pretty rabid proponents, and the problem with that sort of opinion is that it's inherently not objective.

So, before I get carried away extolling the virtues of Czechnology, tell me what purpose you'd like this gun to serve?

Its either a CZ 75 CWC or a PPK. Since they are both the same price and I would like something other than a taurus or a glock.  Not knocking on either, but I just want something different.

That's not even a fair comparison. Aside from looks the PPK has absolutely nothing going for it. You will be lucky to find one that isn't a lemon.

• Like 1

Its either a CZ 75 CWC or a PPK. Since they are both the same price and I would like something other than a taurus or a glock.  Not knocking on either, but I just want something different.

If you want to impress your friends and yourself with what an incredible shot you are get the CZ.  They are extremely accurate without you having to try very hard.

• Like 1

I love my CZ. It's my range warrior. It's accurate, good trigger out of the box (not great), very low recoil for 9mm, night sights, 18 round magazines and totally reliable. You would think I would use it for home defense but I don't. It because of the extra weight. I have a few pistols that are lighter, even though they have more recoil, than the CZ. I prefer a lighter handgun if I am going to fight in a phone booth. (Tight quarters).

I have 7 CZ pistols, 4 are full size and 3 are compact. I'd like to agree that there are no cons, but the DA trigger pull is heavy and gritty out of the box. I had forgotten about this myself until I picked up a like-new PCR and compared it to my favorite CZ (a P-01 with nearly 8K rounds through it). You'd think my P-01 had been sent off for a trigger job in comparison, but the truth is the parts just need time to smooth out. Another con already mentioned is that parts and accessories aren't as easy to find. Luckily CZ-USA is close to here. I've yet to order from them and not get a package in 3 days. Plus, they are just some awesome folks to do business with. Mags are also a bit expensive.

The pros column will make you forget about the cons, though. Just hold one and you'll be hooked. The ergonomics are probably an even bigger selling point than the accuracy. The just feel like they were made just to fit you (life's too short to adapt to a gun). I've heard of competition guys who run recoil springs so weak that they break a slide stop about every 1500 rds. Otherwise, they just don't break. And if you don't like it, it'll sell quickly on the classifieds (unless you overprice it like I've seen a few times lately).

I've never owned one, but I've looked at them from time to time.  The thing that has always stopped me from buying one, is the height of the slide.  There isn't a lot to grab onto when pulling it back. It's always been a deal killer for me.  I have a friend that has had one for over 20 years and he swears by it.