cz 75

RC3

I've never owned one, but I've looked at them from time to time.  The thing that has always stopped me from buying one, is the height of the slide.  There isn't a lot to grab onto when pulling it back. It's always been a deal killer for me.  I have a friend that has had one for over 20 years and he swears by it.

The height of the slide is related somewhat to why they are so incredibly accurate and easy to shoot.  The slide rides inside the frame, not on top like most other semi-auto's.

I've never owned one, but I've looked at them from time to time.  The thing that has always stopped me from buying one, is the height of the slide.  There isn't a lot to grab onto when pulling it back. It's always been a deal killer for me. 

It's a non-issue. I've been shooting CZ75s (or SP01s) in 3-gun for years now. An awful lot of 3-gun stages feature empty chamber starts. I've never had a problem racking the slide in a hurry.
Colion Noir referred to the height of the slide as "retarded midget slide". Then in the next breath complimented CZ on the easy follow-up shots and low felt recoil.

Maybe one of these days I will try one out. Might very well change my opinion of the pistol.

If you were closer, I'd be glad to let you try any/all of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If you want to impress your friends and yourself with what an incredible shot you are get the CZ.  They are extremely accurate without you having to try very hard.

You are sir, make me laugh. Im right handed and near sited in my right eye. Im not the most accurate, but I get pretty consistent groupings.

But as far as the 75 goes, who would be the best place to look for the cold war commemorative model? And dont judge, I need something to go along with the awesome welcome to the party poster.

The CZ75 is on my long range plan, but honestly in all of my years with guns, I have not fondled one.  Next time I am out and about at a gun store that has them, I will look at them.  I have ready many posts on other forums, and I admit they are intriguing. 

I have 2 CZs. SP-01 Tactical and P-01.  They both shoot like a dream and are extremely comfortable in the hand.

[URL=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/ed32hall/media/CZSP-01Tactical.jpg.html]CZSP-01Tactical.jpg[/URL]

Edited by ed228
  • Like 4

If you want to impress your friends and yourself with what an incredible shot you are get the CZ.  They are extremely accurate without you having to try very hard.

He aint kidding. . now I know this isnt a fair comparison as the Glock 26 is a sub-compact  and the P01 is compact. . .and not knocking the little 26 at all. . but what I could put in a milk jug with the the little Glock I can put in a tall boy beer can with the P01 and not work near as hard doing it. . .the ergonomics are superb. .

Edited by turkeydad
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody have first hand experience with the recoil difference between the full size B/BD and the PCR/Compact?  I'm looking at a 75BD now for something low recoil that the rest of my family will shoot. They would have nothing to do with a 1911/45. I would like to have the option of occasionally carrying it if I feel I needed more than my EDC M13.

Guest mechanically

Anybody have first hand experience with the recoil difference between the full size B/BD and the PCR/Compact?  I'm looking at a 75BD now for something low recoil that the rest of my family will shoot. They would have nothing to do with a 1911/45. I would like to have the option of occasionally carrying it if I feel I needed more than my EDC M13.

That's always a tough question to answer on a forum... Best I can tell you is that as a gun gets smaller and lighter, perceived recoil goes up. That's just physics. How much? Some more. There's just not a consistent unit of measure there...

However, if they'll "have nothing to do with a 1911," I'm doubtful a CZ in 9mm will be a substantial enough change for them to REALLY REALLY enjoy shooting.

Anytime I take someone new, I remind myself of how different it may be for them... there's an explosion happening in their hand, and that means visual, auditory, and tactile feedback they're unused to.

In the big picture, on a scale of 1-10;

Pellet pistol = 1

1911 = 10

CZ75 = 9.5

Just my opinion.

My new shooters begin with a 22 pistol, then an L frame with 4" barrel shooting .38 target loads, and (maybe) then the 75 in 9mm.

If you're most interested in the softest 9mm you can find, check out an SP01. Tough to conceal, though.

Good luck!

I've got an SDP P01 (alloy with rail)

Not that much smaller or lighter than my 75B; recoil is similar and while it doesn't have thousands of rounds through it, function and reliability has been 100%

FWIW, I bought the SDP to replace my 75B Omega; I like the 75 better, shoot it better and it is once again my EDC.