TGO Runt 4 Shipping info

Got mine today also. A little smaller than I expected but still very usable, only a difference of maybe 1/2" from what I envisioned.

Like both blades so glad I got one of each. The custom buttons have similar but different patterns etched into them, was this something we requested to be different based on blade choice? I like them both ok but my straight blade button is just a little cooler IMHO.
Got mine also. My first auto. I would consider this a modern version of a gentleman's knife. It's an attractive knife. Won't replace my benchmade 940 for EDC but I can see it making a trip to town as a dress up accessory on occasion. Now time to buy another larger EDC auto.

I will say this.

I got mine yesterday.

I carried it today and used it at work.  twice while trying to get it out of my pocket it opened up.  I grabbed it from my pocket and two times it opened from me trying to pull it off my pocket.

i could not yank the clip from my pocket without it wanting to open.

this is a concern and a disappointment. 

gonna just carry it in my pocket, not clipped.  But yanking it off a clipped pocket it unlocked. 

Anyone in Knox have a tool to take the belt clip off?

Edited by Mike.357

I will say this.

I got mine yesterday.

I carried it today and used it at work.  twice while trying to get it out of my pocket it opened up.  I grabbed it from my pocket and two times it opened from me trying to pull it off my pocket.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until the Johnson is out of reach of the blade :) Seriously, I haven't tested sharpness yet. If it's as sharp as my other Protechs, you sure don't want it turning loose in your pocket. 

Edited by mikegideon

i know what you mean Mike.  I can't extract it  from a pocket without touching the bang button.

I tried it left handed (which I am) or right handed. Either pocket stuck my finger on the button.

It is a real concern.

I love the knife.  Wow it opens fast.  Got to be the fastest auto knife ever made.

Reaching in and trying to pull the clip off my pocket caused it open.

Yeah, it's fast. The shorter/lighter the blade, the faster it's gonna open. I thought the Godson was fast. You need to practice getting that thing in and out of your pocket. I haven't carried mine yet, but will figure out a way to stay away from that button.

I'll agree that the pocket clip is really stiff.  It takes a pretty firm grip and a tug to get it on/off.  Maybe it'll loosen up with some use.  If not, I'll take it off. 

The fasteners on the clip are mini torx...  T4 or T6, I think.  Hardware stores should have a set in that size. 

I will say this.

I got mine yesterday.

I carried it today and used it at work. twice while trying to get it out of my pocket it opened up. I grabbed it from my pocket and two times it opened from me trying to pull it off my pocket.

gonna just carry it in my pocket, not clipped. But yanking it off a clipped pocket it unlocked.

Anyone in Knox have a tool to take the belt clip off?

I should have a torx set you can use to take it off.

I have a Runt (not the TGO model, unfortunately) and I've learned to hook my index finger under it to pull ito out of my pocket instead of grasping it.  It took a ruined pants pocket to learn that lesson, but could have been worse.

• Like 2

I have a Runt (not the TGO model, unfortunately) and I've learned to hook my index finger under it to pull ito out of my pocket instead of grasping it.  It took a ruined pants pocket to learn that lesson, but could have been worse.

That's pretty much the way I do with all my carried knives. Mainly because of my pants/jeans fit though. I found that it was easier to get to the knife that way.

I've gotten so used to it, that I really don't even think about it. Just like any other repetitive motion...just building muscle memory.

Just got home after a couple weeks abroad and had a nice present waiting for me.  At first I couldn't think what I ordered that would have come in a smaller box (I usually go on spending sprees while bored at night over there and all I do is surf looking for things I don't need) and I was pleasantly surprised to see my Runt.  It's much smaller than I was expecting (and I expected small after reading some of the comments), but I love the size.  I have a ZT350 I use from time to time, but this is the perfect carry knife.

Thanks again Willis!  Now to meetup and take a ride with our bikes sometime.

• Like 1

Just got home after a couple weeks abroad and had a nice present waiting for me.  At first I couldn't think what I ordered that would have come in a smaller box (I usually go on spending sprees while bored at night over there and all I do is surf looking for things I don't need) and I was pleasantly surprised to see my Runt.  It's much smaller than I was expecting (and I expected small after reading some of the comments), but I love the size.  I have a ZT350 I use from time to time, but this is the perfect carry knife.

Thanks again Willis!  Now to meetup and take a ride with our bikes sometime.

Today was gorgeous, just rode all over around here tomorrow I will be meeting some friends in the AM in Crossville then going to Lynchburg

• Like 1

I literally just got done cleaning and polishing and took a 2 block run just to warm it up.  I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow or I would be riding as well.  Will probably only work half a day now that I think of it.  :up:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

back to the knife,  

I have thoroughly abused this blade since getting it.

It is my EDC and it goes through the paces at the liquor store.  Worst abuse is cutting boxes and using the blade like a razor knife. I'd use a new blade in my razor knife daily if I used one.  This Runt4 in 154cm steel is amazing.  It cuts cardboard as well as any razor knife. I obviously have changed blades never. I also have not sharpened this beast one time.  I can still shave hair with it. 

This blade was some of the best money I have ever spent.

• Like 3

Mike,

You should get yourself a Strop, I bought a Billy Club Strop from http://stropman.com/Strops_c2.htm

I was simply amazed at how this damn thing keeps my knives razor sharp, Think of it as a tune up for a well used knife edge, If you use one of them on it, chances are you will never have to sharpen it at all, I am delighted to see how you are using the knife as it was meant to be used and you are as happy as I am with their products  :cool: