aaaaand the idiot/s of the year award goes to...........

Some guy will really appreciate all their hard work.

My forecast? Some man who was just like any other man, now finds himself with a deathly ill wife and two two starving children in a post apocalyptic hell on earth. He happens upon this group of wonderfully stocked and prepared dipsheets and armed with a simple little revolver and his his freshly seared conscience, he slaughters this entire family. Mops up the blood, drags their retarded carcasses off to the woods about a 1/4 mile down and moves his sick and starving family right on in.

Now, that might be a bit of silly fiction BUT, these people are beyond deluded. They have obviously never considered a REAL man's resolve when his family is on the brink of death because a real man that loves his family will strike the match that sets his soul to burn in exchange for their well being.

Never underestimate a man that loves his family. He might be the best friend you've ever had but he stab you in the throat while you sleep before his family starves and dies.

I like your message but I am not so sure of the broad brush.

I love my family but I am not killing and dragging retarded bodies off to the woods to move my family in.  I still have to look them in the eyes.  I live within the confines of a Golden Rule. 

I agree the people in the prepor episode to be naive.

I am not striking a match that my loved ones will be ashamed of.  And I like to think my best friend will find another way than murdering my family in their sleep.  I'd really rather die.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol, 1:46, that hippy punk would be the first to be turned into some roving gang's sex slave. Good luck there Bob Ross...

Ewwwwww.

I don't dare look directly at the stupid, its almost blinding. I'd like to see the guy slaughter a chicken before making bold statements about cutting sleeping throats, I doubt very highly he has it in him. Poison, maybe. But I also doubt he has any on hand and I 'd be pretty surprised if he knew how to go about making any either.

Also, FYI; Bob Ross was actually apparently a bad ass who went into the painting gig because it involved less yelling than his old job, Air Force Drill Sergeant.

"I was the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work. The job requires you to be a mean, tough person..."

[URL=http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/TrickyNickyII/media/8B233DC0-3B80-47E1-8B52-80801E02EEA5-4952-0000033FF5FB4D93_zps678191a3.jpg.html]8B233DC0-3B80-47E1-8B52-80801E02EEA5-495[/URL]

• Like 1

Ewwwwww.

I don't dare look directly at the stupid, its almost blinding. I'd like to see the guy slaughter a chicken before making bold statements about cutting sleeping throats, I doubt very highly he has it in him. Poison, maybe. But I also doubt he has any on hand and I 'd be pretty surprised if he knew how to go about making any either.

Also, FYI; Bob Ross was actually apparently a bad ass who went into the painting gig because it involved less yelling than his old job, Air Force Drill Sergeant.

"I was the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work. The job requires you to be a mean, tough person..."

8B233DC0-3B80-47E1-8B52-80801E02EEA5-495

He looks like him but yeah, that's where the similarities end. I now have a higher respect for the man. "A true warrior is one who can use his words, the sword, and the pen." Or in his case, the brush. 

knowing.jpg

Edited by whitewolf001

I love my family but I am not killing and dragging retarded bodies off to the woods to move my family in.  I still have to look them in the eyes.  I live within the confines of a Golden Rule. 

I believe you mean that.  I dare not insinuate you'd lie.   I hope and pray you never look into a pair eyes, sunken back in their sockets from dehydration, ribs clearly visible from malnutrition & hear a weak little voice say Papa, I'm sooo hungry.

I would NOT want to be the man that denied you a can of VanCamp's pork and beans on that day.  It won't turn you into a jedi super ninja with awesome skills but it will make you very dangerous to turn a back to.  

BTW, I hate Pork & Beans, you can always have mine, free of charge.  

Edited by Caster

One of the biggest problems with most post-apocalypse movies and shows is that they always focus on extremists of one type or another. Either like the people in this video without any guns or any means to protect themselves (Luuuuuv will find a waaaaay) or walking-dead style shows where the only usable skill is killing things.

If you think you'll just kill them and steal their supplies... what happens when you finish eating it? Steal more, I guess, but eventually you're going to run out of pacifist hippies to steal from. If the only skill your group has is firing a gun, it's going to be a miserable time for all.

In reality the people in the video would be an extremely useful group to have with you. They speak of bartering for cider. How about this for a barter: you militant types provide the guns and ammo, the hippies provide the food. That's the best scenario for all... a group of military types providing security and a group of dedicated farmers/ranchers providing sustenance. Oh, and a group of civil engineer/laborers/"SeaBees" type to provide things like sanitation and walls. I would be in that last group.

My father couldn't understand why I thought Blazing Saddles was hilarious. I will still watch it today and laugh - particularly at "Mongo" and "Headley Lamarr" characters. What's wrong with laughing at stupidity regardless of its roots? I also have Young Frankenstein that I break out every once in a while.

Blazing Saddles is one of the greatest comedies ever! My wife and I love it and quote it all the time. The neutered version they show on tv is terrible.

We made my parents watch it several years ago. We laughed hysterically, them... not so much. :D

".... tell him I said ow, got it."