Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo

I am Groot!

While I'm sure any bargains will be long gone by the time I get home on the 11th we may just have to make a trip out there to least see the place and check it out and might as well go see Bud's store too....

Exactly.  The collection is certainly intriguing, and I've been looking for a "truck gun", but I'm sure any "deals" will be long gone before I get there. 

Depends on your definition of "good."  Lots of 12 & 20 gauge and a couple 22's.  Most in rough shape.  One appeared to be held together with electrical tape and another one had a hose clamp on it.  Didn't buy a thing.  Even though I'm close, it was a wasted trip. :bored:

Saw more than one single barrel HR type 12 gauge with forearm hose clamped to barrel for $100. JCHS Higgins pump for 300, clapped out mismatched 870's for 300 etc. you didn't miss anything as far as I could tell.

A member on Glocktalk reported that he bought a lightly used police trade in Glock 22 for only $299. Apparently they are selling used gen 4's for only a little bit more.

If anyone is looking for a used Glock this is about the best deal you're going to find.

A member on Glocktalk reported that he bought a lightly used police trade in Glock 22 for only $299. Apparently they are selling used gen 4's for only a little bit more.

If anyone is looking for a used Glock this is about the best deal you're going to find.

A couple weeks ago they had 22, 23 and 27 gen 3s at $299. Several were in like new condition. They went quick.

Guys were buying shotguns and 22 rifles like crazy when I was there yesterday. Everything I saw was crap.

They did have some used Glocks for $299. To call them lightly used would be quite a stretch.

I'm just going by what the guy on GT said. Even if it's beat to hell, $299 is a great price for a Glock. Replace the springs and beat it up another 20 years if you want.

Its entirely possible the nicer ones were picked over by the time I got there around 11:00am. Mostly what I saw were well worn Gen2's with a few Gen3's mixed in. I did find it humorous that if you wanted a box for your Glock purchase, they were available for an additional $21.95 ea.