What Will All You Gun Store Owners Do......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Man, talk about thread de-railing right off the bat....

Yes and you'll also note that the General Off-Topic area is not subject to the same enforcement. That thread was dealing with the topical areas of the forum in particular.

You'll also notice that the word Moderator does not appear beneath your name. Thanks.

I'm curious to see how the gun shop owners are feeling right about now as well. I read a lot of comments and see the typicals posting all the time, but you rarely see the shop owners posting on various subjects. Maybe that's for a personal reason, but I'm still curious to hear.....

I'm curious about a lot of things. None of which are any of my business. If a person chooses to remain silent on an issue, it may be that they feel it's likewise none of anyone else's business.

Often, when you start talking about a person's livelihood being snuffed out by some ridiculous new edict, that person often doesn't feel compelled to be chatty and conversational about it. It's pretty easy to see why, don't you think?

I'll add that I haven't spoken to any of our vendors about this issue. I would guess that a few of them make more off of sales to law enforcement agencies than they do to civilians, so a blanket ban on firearms would likely just result in a shift of their focus. Smaller gun shops would end up forced out of business.

Such a cheery subject. :shrug:

TWO MORE DAYS LEFT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

That's a really hard question to answer. There are 39 people whose lives depend on CCA's daily operation and another 125+ who indirectly depend on it, not to mention the distributors, parcel drivers, manufacturers and so on.

If there is a ban the effects will be felt far and wide.

Guest Verbal Kint
If Obama loses, there will be rioting in the streets, if Obama wins, there will be rioting in the streets.

Hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong, as well, but I share the same outlook. This isn't going to be pretty at all.

Guest GUTTERbOY
If Obama loses, there will be rioting in the streets, if Obama wins, there will be rioting in the streets.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, but if he wins, I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car any more. He'll take care of me!

:shrug:

Guest Verbal Kint
Yeah, but if he wins, I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car any more. He'll take care of me!

:shrug:

Yeah, you'll just have the slight inconvenience of mob rule... as they go through your neighborhood setting everything on fire and dragging people into the streets. Definitely worth the free gas and paying off your bills, right?

Someone people (not you, as I recognize your sarcasm) are just ****ing stupid.

Guest GUTTERbOY

On a more serious note... I've heard a lot of people refer to that woman who made the "he'll take care of me" comment as pitiful. That, however, is not the word that comes to mind for me when I hear people say stuff like that.

I consider it frightening. Frightening that people can consider the possibility of the government cradling them like a helpless baby... and actually get excited about it. How have we gotten to this place, where the specter of having to provide for oneself is considered subpar, even evil?

This country was founded upon the idea of self-determination, the belief that the individual was solely responsible for his success or failure. Our forefathers were not willing to give up self-determination in exchange for anything. And yet here we sit, 230 years later, ready and willing to embrace whatever yoke is necessary to "take care" of the people.

It frankly sickens me that these folks may well prevail tomorrow. It sickens me that a man may find his way into office, not by standing upon principle, but by massaging the narcissism of the shortsighted common person, stroking them in just the right way until they think he's the only person that cares for them. I'm not a tinfoil hatter by any means, but I detect shades of Big Brother in the whole attitude here.

*sigh*

Well... I would imagine business will be extremely good for awhile God forbid he is elected, as it already is. If he did a blanket ban on civilian firearms... well, looks like I'll be wrapping up my last semester of college sooner rather than later.

As an aside, we've had the best week of business sales-wise we've had since we opened ten years ago. People are generally afraid, worried, and getting prepared for what they see on the horizon. Our distributors are 95% sold out on all things high-capacity - mags and guns - AR's & AK's are all but gone until more arrive, and even .223 and 7.62 ammo is getting nigh-impossible to re-order in acceptable quantities. I've held off stocking up on things myself, but I gotta be honest - I'm starting to set aside the odd lower and mags for myself.

My advice is that if your on the fence whether to purchase something for yourself in those areas.. do yourself the favor and get it asap, because availability is a large problem at the moment, at least for us.

According to the "major" distributors there are no more complete AR types available. I just snapped up the very last of them from three distributors as well as a large amount of lowers. They don't have any idea if they're going to get more before the first of the year, but are hoping that they will and I'm sure they will. Nothing like making a buck in the eleventh hour!

I did notice that there were a couple thousand stripped lowers available this morning, but as of ten minutes ago there were only a couple hundred.

Guest Boomhower
Yes and you'll also note that the General Off-Topic area is not subject to the same enforcement. That thread was dealing with the topical areas of the forum in particular.

You'll also notice that the word Moderator does not appear beneath your name. Thanks.

Whoa there cowboy!!....I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and all. I never called anybody out. I was just equally calling the chips as they fell. You have to read all the way to post #13 before this thread ever gets back on track with the OP's reason for posting this thread.....but as you pointed out so well, there is no moderator name underneath my screen name, nor did I ever apply for the position :). Plese do forgive me for interjecting :rofl:. I'll just walk back over to the bottom feeder area, tungy:hat:.

:rofl:

Edited by Boomhower
Whoa there cowboy!!....I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and all. I never called anybody out. I was just equally calling the chips as they fell. You have to read all the way to post #13 before this thread ever gets back on track with the OP's reason for posting this thread.....but as you pointed out so well, there is no moderator name underneath my screen name, nor did I ever apply for the position :). Plese do forgive me for interjecting :rofl:. I'll just walk back over to the bottom feeder area, tungy:hat:.

Get back in your hole!

sheesh!

According to the "major" distributors there are no more complete AR types available. I just snapped up the very last of them from three distributors as well as a large amount of lowers. They don't have any idea if they're going to get more before the first of the year, but are hoping that they will and I'm sure they will. Nothing like making a buck in the eleventh hour!

I did notice that there were a couple thousand stripped lowers available this morning, but as of ten minutes ago there were only a couple hundred.

This sounds somewhat familiar to the "gas shortage" we saw a month or so ago.

Looks like my AR will be worth a few bucks more, quite a bit sooner than expected.

Brace for some serious taxes....at this point im more worried about getting ammo then firearms. All the guns in the world are worthless except as clubs with no bullets. Knife sales will probably skyrocket lol. I voted McCain and I hope this media brainwashing of Obama's dominance is just that.....we are in for a wild week either way.

• Administrator
Whoa there cowboy!!....I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and all. I never called anybody out. I was just equally calling the chips as they fell. You have to read all the way to post #13 before this thread ever gets back on track with the OP's reason for posting this thread.....but as you pointed out so well, there is no moderator name underneath my screen name, nor did I ever apply for the position ;). Plese do forgive me for interjecting ;). I'll just walk back over to the bottom feeder area, tungy:hat:.

:hat:

Your cooperation is appreciated.

boom, you can't walk down here, you have to slink back into you place with the rest of us. ;)

Get me a beer while you're in the kitchen, sweet cheeks. :lol:

• Administrator

In all seriousness, I do appreciate the cooperation but I do ask that the members at large let the moderators do the moderating. "Mob Rule" doesn't get any traction here. A while back we took in several new moderators, so they should be left to do their job and everyone else should just try to enjoy the place.

If you don't enjoy the place, the exits are clearly marked. :hat:

Guest FNandGlock

If and I mean if Obama wins our goverment has checks and balances, he can not just come in and change the 2nd Amt., now if the Senate gets 60 seat democract and Obama gets in they still have a process they will have to go though. This is why we all and I stress ALL need to support the NRA and other things like this. BUT not only that let your voice be heard write your local, state & federal goverment rep. then when you have a chance and you need to make an effort to do this be heard. Make signs, pay for bill boards do something that raises awareness that we have a right to bear arms and its not just a bunch of angry people we are family men, christians, and so on. We sit back and wait for the left to try and ban something instead of being pro-active and trying to put this to bed a speer head it with a fight to have them stop trying to ban things. Have your goverment create a bill that has them stop trying to ban things such as firearms, ammo, reloading and such. TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM. Lets show them how many people does the industry employ? show them stats on how people that are legally armed have less records of felonys and such. Why not create jobs because of this hobby and sport? Give them data that you can fight with. The gun shop owners took a risk to go into business to service us, right? thats what they do, they are in the service industry. No offense at all but instead of wasting time with what are YOU GUYS going to do why not what can we do to help protect our industry and how can we help keep you in business to service us. I think this is a major issue with many people, "What are we going to do" that means its to late we need to be proactive and protect the people who take the risk everyday in business to better service us. GUN SHOPS CLOSE PRICES GO UP (less comp.) ALL GUN SHOPS CLOSE WE ARE ALL SOL!

Sorry dont take this as Im attacking you at all its just people have this mind set that worry about ourselves and dont paint the picture that we are brother in Christ & Brothers in arms and we need to TRUELY stand together not just talk about it.

OK Ill shut up.