Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg eats

graydw1

I generally find both towns to be a wasteland when trying to find good food. J.T. Hannah's in PF is not bad. Nothing special, but the food is generally good. Hungry Bear BBQ in G'burg is good.

Cherokee Grill and Park Grill (both near light 10 in G'burg) look like the nicest places in town, but I haven't tried either yet.

Pretty much everything else I've tried tastes like "how much of this cheap crap can we sell to the throngs of tourists?"

3 Jimmys is pretty good, Old Mill is also. Ilike Calhouns but they are not gun friendly. Alamo is doing buy one get one thru the week right now for lunch. Been eating there almost everyday. They say the Peddler is pretty good but Ive never tried it. Wifes cousin works there ,may hafta take her for VDay and use her cousins discount.

Holstons in Sevierville local place similar to an applebee's etc.

Little Tokyo in Pigeon Forge, Blue Moose under Little Tokyo sports bar wings etc. (TVs play sports)

Log Cabin Pancake House at the end of Pigeon Forge before the spur to G'Burg. Local old place get French Toast Royal.

TJ Hannas in Pigeon Forge. Similar to applebees etc.

Old Mill Creamery next to the Old Mill restaurant in Pigeon Forge. 

These are places I frequent often, yes im local.

Pancake Pantry!  :)    It's cash only, so be ready for that.

Honestly though.... I've never had anything in that area I thought was especially good for the money.  The reasonably good local places tend to be way over-priced and way too "touristy" for me.  The chain restaurants are the same as every other one with 20% higher prices.  They all get their food off the same Cisco or US Foods trucks anyway.  Given the option, I'd go to Cracker Barrel.  YMMV.

Edited by peejman

Pancake Pantry!  :)    It's cash only, so be ready for that.

Honestly though.... I've never had anything in that area I thought was especially good for the money.  The reasonably good local places tend to be way over-priced and way too "touristy" for me.  The chain restaurants are the same as every other one with 20% higher prices.  They all get their food off the same Cisco or US Foods trucks anyway.  Given the option, I'd go to Cracker Barrel.  YMMV.

All true.  Except for the Cracker Barrel.  

Like R1100R mentioned, Best Italian in Cattleburg is pretty good.  Of course it's been over a decade since I was there.

Edited by Clod Stomper