How's the weather where you are?

Raoul

this is awful and funny at the same time.

7 year old riding a sled down the hill in the backyard, raises his fist and yells out " I smoke Pot!" the kid does not know what pot it as far as I know.  He saw it on a youtube video of a snowboarder.  I laughed and then chewed out his mother when I heard about it.

Kids....

8 degrees right now.

I sympathize with you. We live on a dead end and the street going out looks pretty much like that. At least it did until yesterday afternoon when we had a bit of clearing.

But with today's forecast for the Nashville area, I'd say we will have it again.

I'm thinking of getting out of my robe this morning and going out for some....wait for it...fresh milk and more navel oranges. lol

I'm rather addicted to navel oranges.

Highway department says they'll come by and check it out... they salted 2 days ago, but I think all they managed was to melt the snow, which immediately turned to ice.

I was able to get up the hill in the picture, but the right at the stop sign and up the hill offered absolutely no traction.

Yes, the Stop is our problem as well. And the cross street for us is in a long shallow grade on both sides, so it's a very dangerous spot in weather like now.

We just have to inch up the grade out of our drive, and try to see if anything is coming across. If it is and we have to stop, it usually means rolling back 20 yards or so and trying again.

Be careful, and I know you will.

• Like 1

It's rare that I suggest what other people spend money on, but after this week I will say that my SCC super-z6 tire chains have paid for themselves 10x over this week. They take up so little room in the trunk but once installed I've not had ANY issues getting anywhere all week.(in a 2 wheel drive VW beetle) They are quite perfect for the rare occasion that TN gets snow and much cheaper than a proper set of snow tires.

• Like 1

It's rare that I suggest what other people spend money on, but after this week I will say that my SCC super-z6 tire chains have paid for themselves 10x over this week. They take up so little room in the trunk but once installed I've not had ANY issues getting anywhere all week.(in a 2 wheel drive VW beetle) They are quite perfect for the rare occasion that TN gets snow and much cheaper than a proper set of snow tires.

I always keep a set of cables in the truck as well, only weigh a few pounds and never know when you may need them for snow or mud.  We've been pretty lucky this time around and haven't had to deal with anything crazy like some of you all are.  Or like our neighbors down the road that decided to pop open a fire hydrant to ice over the street better for sledding and causing other people to be stuck at home.

I've read that simply looping a length of nylon rope through the wheel works to get one out of a pinch. 

That's a good idea, never thought of it.  If it's just one spot to get you going, you can always your your floor mats as well.

I always keep a set of cables in the truck as well, only weigh a few pounds and never know when you may need them for snow or mud.  We've been pretty lucky this time around and haven't had to deal with anything crazy like some of you all are.  Or like our neighbors down the road that decided to pop open a fire hydrant to ice over the street better for sledding and causing other people to be stuck at home.

Seriously?

yep, had the police called on them for it, took a while but they showed up with salt trucks and a plow to break it up some.  one of the dummies apparently hit a mailbox and & ended up at the ER getting stitches in his face while partaking in the fun.

yep, had the police called on them for it, took a while but they showed up with salt trucks and a plow to break it up some.  one of the dummies apparently hit a mailbox and & ended up at the ER getting stitches in his face while partaking in the fun.

Idiots of the world unite...

Water froze up last night even with it running at a fast drip, first time in 17yrs.

Hope the pipes didn't split. I have a very low crawl space and at may age and belly I can go low crawling on my belly anymore so I have an access to the crawl right beside my dryer vent. I disconnected the 4" pipe from the vent and directed it under the crawl, (temporarly). I've been waking up several times at night the last couple of nights and turning on my dryer with nothing in it to heat my crawl space. Seems to work good and my outdoor cats loved the idea. I have a small opening they can go into to get out of the weather, and they gladly use it.

Hope the pipes didn't split. I have a very low crawl space and at may age and belly I can go low crawling on my belly anymore so I have an access to the crawl right beside my dryer vent. I disconnected the 4" pipe from the vent and directed it under the crawl, (temporarly). I've been waking up several times at night the last couple of nights and turning on my dryer with nothing in it to heat my crawl space. Seems to work good and my outdoor cats loved the idea. I have a small opening they can go into to get out of the weather, and they gladly use it.

Yeah I have the same thing with the dryer hose, it froze in the pipe from the well to the crawl space, unfroze about 1 today with no busted pipes thank god

• Like 2

Woke up morning of Jan. 21, 1985 in tiny uninsulated trailer just north of Knoxville in Union County, -24 with 6 inches or so of crusty snow.

Always puts any current weather in context for me. ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2