550 Paracord

Mrparacord.com And if you're not too picky about color, they often have clearance sales with some 100ft options for under $5ea. Reasonable/often free shipping, and every month or two I get an email with a 5 to 20% off coupon good for that day or weekend.

Whenever I get one of those emails, I peruse the site. About half the time I end up buying $25-40 of stuff and getting a box full of paracord. I figure it never hurts to have plenty on hand! Both my cars have some in the trunk, and another loop in each go-bag.
  • Like 1
Guest Broomhead

Here's a pic of the two color splicing that I mentioned in my previous post. This one has a black core inside the pink/blue outer weave/knots/sheath/whatever (?).

Here's how the two ends are fused.

[url=http://s432.photobucket.com/user/Broomheads/media/20150227_102353_zpshz1z60xg.jpg.html]20150227_102353_zpshz1z60xg.jpg[/URL]

And this is how the bracelet ends up. I twisted it so you can see both sides at the same time. Micheal's has a different kind of buckle now that would allow someone to wear this either way; I just saw it last Saturday.

[URL=http://s432.photobucket.com/user/Broomheads/media/20150227_102331_zpsaurl8mnb.jpg.html]20150227_102331_zpsaurl8mnb.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Broomhead
I like survival-pax.com for buying paracord. All of it is the real 7 interior strand stuff. Good prices and great color selection. Lots of other neat stuff on their site. The first business day of the month they do a paranoid by the pound sale. Good way to get lots of cord if you don't mind odd lengths and getting whatever colors they have. Paranoid by the pound tends to go quick once they put it up.

I used to be a paracord junkie. I had dozens of colors and 100's of feet of each. I actually started feeling like I had arthritis from making so much stuff. A good place to start is these 2 guys on YouTube: TIAT and Stormdrane. Here's a couple of the most recent things I've made:

3e5078600f453526598f09cb288f6697.jpg

Personally, I'd rather work with the commercial grade paracord than the mil-spec stuff. It's more flexible and the ends melt more evenly. I got most of mine from ParaCord Planet. I wish they'd had this stuff when I was making stuff. It's got an added 8th inner strand that is treated with mineral oil, hydrocarbons, and other flammable substances, so that it can be lit easily with a spark.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 2
I just read on the Internet that the BATFE is now adding 550 paracord in with the M855 ban... something about people making ammo dump pouches that can potentially hold the banned rounds. Better run out and stock up on the 550 before it's too late.
  • Like 2

I just read on the Internet that the BATFE is now adding 550 paracord in with the M855 ban... something about people making ammo dump pouches that can potentially hold the banned rounds. Better run out and stock up on the 550 before it's too late.

Bonjour!   :popcorn:

Greene's Military and Police in Nashville has a huge supply of 550 in lots of different colors.. I think it's $7.95 for 100'. Also as stated above Hobby Lobby is a good source and they have buckles for bracelets.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...