Guest Sunshine23

Guest Sunshine23

I just wanted to say hello to the ladies. My name is Brittany and I'm really looking forward to talking to you all. The only people I get to shoot with or even talk to about guns are my boyfriend (NELSON) and his dad. I'm looking for a carry gun...what do you all carry?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. I think DWarren was trying to say make a post in the new members forum. Enjoy your stay at TGO! You'll find some savvy female shooters here.

Guest Verbal Kint

She did make an intro post... pretty sure she was just making an additional intro post, here, to the other ladies of the "Women and Firearms" sub forum. Brainiacs. :lol:

Welcome to TGO Brittany! This is a great place with a lot of good people. Glad to have you! :lol:

I alternate carry between a Glock 27 (.40 s&w), a Taurus Ultra-Lite 85 (.38 snubbie), and a S&W 442 (.38 snubbie).

I always recommend .38 snubbies to anyone looking for a first carry gun....especially beginners. They're lightweight and comfortable to carry.....which can mean the difference between whether the gun is on your body or in your purse (where it doesn't need to be, take my word). They're also extremely simple to use and will always go bang when you pull the trigger....and they have plenty stopping power in a small package.

Nelson has a Taurus snubbie right? Have you shot it?

• Administrator

My wife doesn't get on here much as we're expecting a newborn in January, so between getting ready for that and working full-time during the day, she stays pretty busy.

When she carries, she carries a Smith & Wesson Model No. 642, stainless J-frame revolver in .38 Special. Small enough to conceal, potent enough to use for self defense.

Guest Sunshine23

Nelson has a Taurus snubbie right? Have you shot it?

Yes, he does have one. But for some reason I'm not a fan. I'll shoot it at the range, but it just doesn't feel right in my hand. Also, being kind of new the carrying, I'd like a gun with a safety.

Yes, he does have one. But for some reason I'm not a fan. I'll shoot it at the range, but it just doesn't feel right in my hand. Also, being kind of new the carrying, I'd like a gun with a safety.

Well maybe you can go to a range and rent several that you like the feel of and then see which one you like best. Just do a little research and make sure it's got a reputation of reliability......and then I'd put at least 150-200 rds. of whichever ammo you plan on carrying through it before you start carrying it. Just my :hat::lol:

btw, I know revolvers don't have a safety, but they are really super safe to carry because the trigger pull is so heavy. I've carried mine in a belly band for over 10 years while doing all kinds of stuff....bending, working, shoveling, etc.....and no problems. Sometimes in a high stress situation where you'd actually have to use the gun in self defense.....you just might not remember or have time to fiddle with a safety. Food for thought ;)

Guest Sunshine23

btw, I know revolvers don't have a safety, but they are really super safe to carry because the trigger pull is so heavy. I've carried mine in a belly band for over 10 years while doing all kinds of stuff....bending, working, shoveling, etc.....and no problems. Sometimes in a high stress situation where you'd actually have to use the gun in self defense.....you just might not remember or have time to fiddle with a safety. Food for thought :P

Thank you for the advice. I'm actually giving the revolver a shot right now. I'm away for a few days so I took that one with me instead of the taurus pt111. I really liked how it felt on, it's so much lighter than what I'm used to.

Welcome to TGO, sunshine!! Glad to have another female shooter here.

I carry either a FEG R61 (.380) or Taurus 85 (.38 snubbie).

Good luck on your gun hunt...and let us know what you choose.

I just wanted to say hello to the ladies. My name is Brittany and I'm really looking forward to talking to you all. The only people I get to shoot with or even talk to about guns are my boyfriend (NELSON) and his dad. I'm looking for a carry gun...what do you all carry?

Welcome, Sunshine. :)

When I can carry, I carry either a Beretta 92FS or 8045F. Both are rather large for carry so I'm looking for something smaller After I save some $, I'd like a S&W 642 and/or a Beretta 84 or 85. :eek:

Guest Sunshine23
Hi Sunshine. I carry a Tauras 24/7 9mm or a Bersa .380.

Hope to have lots of convos with you.

Angel

I actually looked at a Bersa .380 a few weeks ago and really liked it. My problem is that I like to shoot stuff before I make a decision on if I want to buy it. What do you think about it?

Edited by Sunshine23
Guest FNandGlock

Welcome, I carry a Glock 27 most of the time, Also carry a FNP 45 when I feel well you know. My ife would be on here but she is in Iraq now but she said when she gets back she will be joining us. she carries a Ruger SP101 357MAG this way when she target shoots she shots a 38spl and when she loads it in the purse she packs the 357 mag rounds, packin mama is right snubbies are good to carry.