Terrorist camps in Tennessee

jgradyc

Careful, one of the reasons America was founded was because the settlers wanted religious freedom. When our country has been founded on freedom of religion, all religions, it becomes hard to say which religions are and are not allowed. Currently we do not allow religions that break our laws (i.e. Use of drugs, possession of controlled substances, etc) or put people's wellbeing in danger.

Can we argue that Islam puts people's lives in danger, sure. But when you only have a small amount of them that are radicals and want to cause that danger to others it becomes a witch hunt of sorts.

Am I comfortable with Islamists or Islam? No.

Am I a supporter of them being able to practice their religion? If they do it peacefully, yes.

Do I pay attention to my surroundings and have a plan to kill everyone that I meet? Yep.

Should we all have the same plan? Yep.

What you are proposing is the same thing that liberals propose about firearms. "All guns are bad, no one should have them." You and I don't think that's the case.

Slippery slope that we would be going down if it were to be proposed.

Food for thought, that's all.

Stay warm tonight, folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by Tedro2022
  • Like 1

Am I a supporter of them being able to practice their religion? If they do it peacefully, yes.

See that's the thing...

The only difference between a "radical" muslim and a "peaceful" muslim is the former is willing to act upon what they both believe. The quran calls for violence to non believers.

Yep it is confusing. Not every Muslim is a terrorist, yet every terrorist cutting off heads, raping women and children, and screaming death to America claims to be a Muslim.

Those are the "radicals", as mentioned above.

As I said, I've looked at the texts. This "peaceful" and "extremist" or "radical" distinction is garbage. They're either acting on what they believe or not. If you believe in killing me because I don't believe in your religion (which would be infringing on my rights in a large way) I can't say I care about your freedom of religion. Edited by KKing

As I said, I've looked at the texts. This "peaceful" and "extremist" or "radical" distinction is garbage. They're either acting on what they believe or not. If you believe in killing me because I don't believe in your religion (which would be infringing on my rights in a large way) I can't say I care about your freedom of religion.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, just pointing out what the country was founded upon. Take away religious freedoms next thing you know we're no longer a free country.

Where does the slippery slope end?

I don't have an answer for the question, I can see both sides.

I can tell you that I won't stand for some Islamic radicals trying to "cleanse" me. The Bible tells me that I'm not to stand by and watch my friends and loved ones be killed if I am able to prevent it.

We're a long way from something like that happening on a large scale here in America with no law enforcement there to do anything about it, but should we reach that point I'll stand up and die for what I believe in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with what you're saying, just pointing out what the country was founded upon. Take away religious freedoms next thing you know we're no longer a free country.
Where does the slippery slope end?
I don't have an answer for the question, I can see both sides.
I can tell you that I won't stand for some Islamic radicals trying to "cleanse" me. The Bible tells me that I'm not to stand by and watch my friends and loved ones be killed if I am able to prevent it.
We're a long way from something like that happening on a large scale here in America with no law enforcement there to do anything about it, but should we reach that point I'll stand up and die for what I believe in.

We may not be as far away as you think , I trust no one.

See that's the thing...

The only difference between a "radical" muslim and a "peaceful" muslim is the former is willing to act upon what they both believe. The quran calls for violence to non believers.

Those are the "radicals", as mentioned above.

As I said, I've looked at the texts. This "peaceful" and "extremist" or "radical" distinction is garbage. They're either acting on what they believe or not. If you believe in killing me because I don't believe in your religion (which would be infringing on my rights in a large way) I can't say I care about your freedom of religion

This is something that I struggle with too.  My wife's friend is married to a muslim.  She says he doesn't practice and doesn't seem to mind his wife's "western" ways, and the fact that she is really into pop-culture, etc, etc.  He has no accent of any kind and was raised in the US.  Most people wouldn't know he is of islamic heritage if they weren't told. He seems to be a typical Tennessean, except that he is very left leaning in his politics.

What I worry about is that as a Christian...if I have a faith-based crisis of conscience and decide I am not living the right way, I am going to become less dangerous.  I will go to church, and not drink so much, and do more works of charity.  If, on the other hand, he has a faith-based crisis of conscience, he may behead her and go shoot up a synagogue.  I fear that the "bad" muslims are the ones that are not dangerous...the ones that are good and faithful...they worry me.

I know this is not PC, but I can't help but be distrustful.  I mean, frankly, their religion is brilliant in that it directs them to deceive non-muslims ("us").  It means that anyone who knows that true muslims are instructed to deceive won't trust a non-practicing muslim for fear they are being deceived.  The distrust that the non-practicing muslim feels from "us" may drive them right back into the fold and radicalize them (or normalize them as the case may be).  The direction to deceive makes it difficult for a muslim to leave the religion as they will not be trusted by outsiders.  It makes it difficult for me to trust those that rebuke Jihad.  

• Like 1

How many Americans died by terrorists attack BEFORE 9/11? Just because they SEEM to be quiet atm doesn't mean the next attack isn't going to happen tomorrow! I would rather be paranoid and prepared than complacent and taken by surprise again!!

Check out this list for a list of fatality numbers from Islamic terrorism since 1972.  Grand tally is 3,102 Americans killed in the last 43 years.  That includes the 2,996 from 9/11 with a whopping 16 people dead since the time of Nixon from other attacks.  9/11 was an outlier and the changes in security it brought about with carry on baggage and locking of cockpit doors make hijacking another commercial airliner a lot harder for terrorists to make happen. 

Do you really think the risk terrorism represents justifies the paranoia, willingness to suspend to constitutional protections, amount of money thrown at the problem (think Dept. of Homeland Security), ect...I don't.

Careful, one of the reasons America was founded was because the settlers wanted religious freedom. When our country has been founded on freedom of religion, all religions, it becomes hard to say which religions are and are not allowed. Currently we do not allow religions that break our laws (i.e. Use of drugs, possession of controlled substances, etc) or put people's wellbeing in danger.
Can we argue that Islam puts people's lives in danger, sure. But when you only have a small amount of them that are radicals and want to cause that danger to others it becomes a witch hunt of sorts.
Am I comfortable with Islamists or Islam? No.
Do I pay attention to my surroundings and have a plan to kill everyone that I meet? Yep.
Should we all have the same plan? Yep.
What you are proposing is the same thing that liberals propose about firearms. "All guns are bad, no one should have them." You and I don't think that's the case.
Slippery slope that we would be going down if it were to be proposed.
Food for thought, that's all.
Stay warm tonight, folks.

Careful ? I'm old enough to know the difference between religion and terrorism. I also know the difference between guns and religion , both of which have no relation in my world. I propose nothing that should bring dissatisfaction to any American. If I can make my own religion, which I guess I can since it's protected by the Constitution, I will call it Oldamericanniehborhoodism. I want the America I knew back when ( don't we all) , screw all the political correctness, the I didn't mean to insult you is'm , the I'll get the lawyer I saw on TV .... This country is going to Hell in a hand basket. If we don't all get together and stop this crap we're all gonna drown in it. I refuse to drown.

Not meant to be focused at you , just used your post to reply to .....

Careful ? I'm old enough to know the difference between religion and terrorism. I also know the difference between guns and religion , both of which have no relation in my world. I propose nothing that should bring dissatisfaction to any American. If I can make my own religion, which I guess I can since it's protected by the Constitution, I will call it Oldamericanniehborhoodism. I want the America I knew back when ( don't we all) , screw all the political correctness, the I didn't mean to insult you is'm , the I'll get the lawyer I saw on TV .... This country is going to Hell in a hand basket. If we don't all get together and stop this crap we're all gonna drown in it. I refuse to drown.

Not meant to be focused at you , just used your post to reply to .....

Again, I'm not arguing that you're wrong. We all need to be cautious of Islam and its followers.

Personally, I like the line in Lone Survivor that Matt Axelson supposedly said, " Schwack 'em, Schwack 'em all." If I were in their shoes, I couldn't argue that I wouldn't have said the same thing.

Check out this list for a list of fatality numbers from Islamic terrorism since 1972.  Grand tally is 3,102 Americans killed in the last 43 years.  That includes the 2,996 from 9/11 with a whopping 16 people dead since the time of Nixon from other attacks.  9/11 was an outlier and the changes in security it brought about with carry on baggage and locking of cockpit doors make hijacking another commercial airliner a lot harder for terrorists to make happen. 

Do you really think the risk terrorism represents justifies the paranoia, willingness to suspend to constitutional protections, amount of money thrown at the problem (think Dept. of Homeland Security), ect...I don't.

But what is not taken into account is the numbers of potential victims from underwear, shoe and printer cartridge bombers.  Just because our current victim numbers are low does not mean we sit back and wait until we have another incident which adds a few more hundred or thousand to the numbers before we do anything about it.  I know there is a fine line between safety/security and freedom, but to dismiss all of what they do would be foolish.  I don't have any solutions to this complex situation, but in todays world its wise to be vigilant and quash any threat that we see.

• Like 2
Since multiple folks have mentioned the number of casualties in past attacks, let me just ask this: what is an acceptable number? You guys all good with the number that we've already lost? You good with 25 a year? 100 a year? 3500 in one year and then about 100 total in the 10 years after that?
Why are we talking like any number is acceptable?
We are talking about people's lives, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2